BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2014 9:36 am  #861

Re: Post Your Absence

Have fun!
(From tonight on I will search you on youtube then. )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 1, 2014 9:38 am  #862

How do you know I will return to England soonest? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 1, 2014 9:41 am  #863

All I know is there might be a spy with you while watching S3E1

January 1, 2014 9:44 am  #864

Enjoy your trip, Harriet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 1, 2014 9:48 am  #865

In my pocket, I know. We made kind of agreement ;-)
Thanks all, I will miss you. A bit 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 1, 2014 9:50 am  #866

January 1, 2014 10:11 am  #867

Have a great time, Harriet (oh, I'm sure you will)!
Looking forward to seeing you here again next week!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 1, 2014 12:56 pm  #868

Okay I will mostly disappear from the forum from 9pm GMT today. I know we have a spoiler policy - and may I add that writing it just below the banner was a really good idea - but keeping it will likely be hard. So I probably won't be around much until the 20th since I won't be able to see His Last Vow until the 19th.

Have fun everyone, and don't do anything I wouldn't. Of course, that does leave the ground wide open.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 1, 2014 1:56 pm  #869

Have a good time, Harriet.
And see you soon, Ormond Sacker. It has to be difficult to abstain for such a long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 1, 2014 2:00 pm  #870

Not as difficult as last time. I had to disappear from most of my social medias and AO3 for over three months. Bearly three weeks will be liveable. Besides I'm not sure how vehemently I'll adher to this, I may make hit and run visits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 1, 2014 2:10 pm  #871

I'm going to fairly MIA as well until I see the episodes, the notice above and the spoiler policy is perfectly good and reasonable, but just in case I'm going to err on the side of caution and not frequent the forum until I'm able to see Series 3 myself. I'll probably be in the spoiler-free chat room more often though.  Of course, I have little self control , we'll see if I can follow through with not going onto the forums . Also, like Ormond said I might make hit and run visits but only rarely. 
I do hope everyone enjoys the episodes!  Once I'm back in full active form again, I'm really looking forward to all the enthusiastic discussion and borderline craziness! 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 2, 2014 3:41 pm  #872

Hi guys, after a week's absence I'm back.
Watched TEH yesterday and still feeling a bit dizzy in my head after this rolllercoaster ride!
So much to read now here. Will need some time to gradually acclimatize again.
Good to be back home...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 2, 2014 3:42 pm  #873

I concur!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2014 1:49 pm  #874

tobeornot221b wrote:

Hi guys, after a week's absence I'm back.
Watched TEH yesterday and still feeling a bit dizzy in my head after this rolllercoaster ride!
So much to read now here. Will need some time to gradually acclimatize again.
Good to be back home...

So glad you are back, Tobe.  We missed you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 3, 2014 11:13 pm  #875

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I'm going to fairly MIA as well until I see the episodes, the notice above and the spoiler policy is perfectly good and reasonable, but just in case I'm going to err on the side of caution and not frequent the forum until I'm able to see Series 3 myself. I'll probably be in the spoiler-free chat room more often though.  Of course, I have little self control , we'll see if I can follow through with not going onto the forums . Also, like Ormond said I might make hit and run visits but only rarely. 
I do hope everyone enjoys the episodes!  Once I'm back in full active form again, I'm really looking forward to all the enthusiastic discussion and borderline craziness! 

I hear you there!  Kinda sad, but will be keeping self to just sneaking glances at the main page and checking 'safer' areas here and there.  Will miss the discussions from you guys!  Look forward to seeing again soon.   Hrrm… are even the picture threads moderately safe?  Would imagine the enthusiasm with posting 'new' stuff.  Ah well.  At least it's only a couple weeks.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 4, 2014 2:18 am  #876

Russell wrote:

Hrrm… are even the picture threads moderately safe? Would imagine the enthusiasm with posting 'new' stuff. Ah well. At least it's only a couple weeks.

If you're avoiding spoilers because you haven't seen the episodes yet, then avoiding the picture threads, the fan fiction threads and some of the games (including hangman) would probably be best.

Also, don't do "show new posts" as some of the season 3 thread titles will have spoilery features.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 4, 2014 3:22 am  #877

I'm planning to be gone from the forum (and from a couple of my favorite Tumblr accts) until after Feb. 2. By then we'll have seen all 3 episodes here in the US. I just really seriously do not want to be spoiled for all the good stuff and ruin all the anticipatory fun and wonderful discovery for myself. I'll just keep repeating to myself, it's only a month, it's only a month, it's only a month. Have fun, everyone.

January 5, 2014 4:29 am  #878

Wholocked wrote:

Russell wrote:

Hrrm… are even the picture threads moderately safe? Would imagine the enthusiasm with posting 'new' stuff. Ah well. At least it's only a couple weeks.

If you're avoiding spoilers because you haven't seen the episodes yet, then avoiding the picture threads, the fan fiction threads and some of the games (including hangman) would probably be best.

Also, don't do "show new posts" as some of the season 3 thread titles will have spoilery features.

Oh, but of course.  I guess my statement was a bit obvious, really, knowing the discussion that went on (can hear that in Sherlock's voice.. heh)    Just sticking to the obviously neutral 'member' threads, and just wondered about those in particular (or if a pic thread would have been made in the S3 area for just that).  Ah well… they're going to be exploded by the time some of us get back!          Thanks…  have fun!   (neat to see users have jumped by about 40 so far since it started!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 15, 2014 5:47 am  #879

I am back too - and now will have to change my signature picture!

January 15, 2014 6:41 am  #880

Welcome back!
I need to change my sig...I know what lines I want, but waiting to see the repeat so I can get them written down accurately!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera