BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2013 9:43 pm  #561

Re: Post Your Absence

Thanks Molly. I guessed you were up to your eyes in studying! No wonder you haven't been feeling your best (who would?). Welcome back my little cup cake! 

I had a lovely time at The Derby. I wore a fascinator, rather than a hat (all very black & white like My Fair Lady) and managed (goodness knows how) to pick the winner of today's big race! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 1, 2013 9:45 pm  #562

Gratulations, Davina!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 1, 2013 9:48 pm  #563

Oh Wow, that's brilliant!! 

Cupcakes? Mmm, I'm hungry now 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 1, 2013 10:10 pm  #564

The rest of my selections were very disappointing, despite my ability to read a horse's form (sign of a misspent youth!) Still, I was happy my little horse won!

No room for eating cupcakes! Full of food and champers! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 1, 2013 10:15 pm  #565

Admit it, you only bet on the horse because he was called "Silver Blaze"...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 1, 2013 10:18 pm  #566

Ha! He was called Ruler of the World and it reminded me of Moriarty! 

June 1, 2013 10:30 pm  #567

Racing horses have such funny names! In the grand national last year there was that one called something like boomashaker!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 2, 2013 9:04 am  #568

Davina wrote:

Ha! He was called Ruler of the World and it reminded me of Moriarty!

Ha, of course he had to win! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 3, 2013 6:07 pm  #569

And gone again - tomorrow morning until Saturday.
Actually, I will return Fr evening already, but then, there is Parade's End on TV for hours 

Have a good time, all! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 3, 2013 6:23 pm  #570

Same to you!
Oh, such a lovely reason to look forward to the return on friday, right? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 3, 2013 6:28 pm  #571

Actually, when I bought the ticket, I had all forgotten about it and was then overjoyed to find I will return in time 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 3, 2013 6:49 pm  #572

Have a nice trip, Harriet. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 3, 2013 6:50 pm  #573

Make sure someone will have a nice meal ready for you on your return so you can enjoy the first three episodes happily sitting on your sofa without nervously rotating because of uncontrollable feelings of hunger.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 3, 2013 7:12 pm  #574

Thanks, I will order something right now - oh, someone is not even at home that night 

June 3, 2013 7:44 pm  #575

Order a pizza now - to bring next friday, 20:15. 

EDIT:  20:00 !!! 

Last edited by Mattlocked (June 3, 2013 7:44 pm)

June 3, 2013 7:46 pm  #576

Excellent idea  - oh, did I tell you I'm going to Milan where they put eggplant and french fries on pizza? 

June 3, 2013 7:47 pm  #577

Urgh.
Well............. it's an experiment!

June 3, 2013 7:48 pm  #578

The 4000 kcal experiment 

June 3, 2013 7:58 pm  #579

You will look like Khan when you return. "So, shall we begin?" 
As for the pizza: eggplant - no problem. French fries - well … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 3, 2013 8:19 pm  #580

LOL
Typical Sherlocked answer, Susi! 

Board footera