BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2012 5:59 pm  #341

Re: Post Your Absence

I'll be gone tomorrow for a couple of days. Probably back on Tuesday or Wednesday 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 8, 2012 11:11 pm  #342

Have a great time, I'll miss your posts. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 8, 2012 11:12 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 9, 2012 8:17 am  #343

Have a great time Harriet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 12, 2012 9:38 pm  #344

Aggggh, sorry I've been missing again, but I'm just trying to make some sense of my life. A lot of hours of work and a lot of new things to do and discover. I'm just trying to stay alive!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 12, 2012 9:42 pm  #345

Clearly succeeding in the latter. I think the British weather might be getting you down at the moment. Dreadful isn't it. Staying alive is always a good motto! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 12, 2012 9:46 pm  #346

Davina wrote:

Clearly succeeding in the latter. I think the British weather might be getting you down at the moment. Dreadful isn't it. Staying alive is always a good motto! 

The weather in London is absolutely crazy... on Saturday it was raining, yesterday I didn't even need a coat and spent all day walking through Columbia Road Flower Market, Holland Park, Kensington... and today raining again. But I can manage that. What I find a bit depressing is the lack of light (4:30pm and already night, what is this???)

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

November 12, 2012 9:50 pm  #347

Irene Adler wrote:

(4:30pm and already night, what is this???)

It's called autumn.
Same over here. I would leave for work in the dark and return when it's dark again.

Good to know that you're alive, Irene! Today I have been thinking of you because I had a customer named "Adler".

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 12, 2012 9:55 pm  #348

tobeornot221b wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

(4:30pm and already night, what is this???)

It's called autumn.
Same over here. I would leave for work in the dark and return when it's dark again.

Good to know that you're alive, Irene! Today I have been thinking of you because I had a customer named "Adler".

Yes, ok, but Autumn in Spain is different... it's not dark until almost 6pm. So... I guess you understand
I'm alive and well, only a bit disoriented by now. But I'm ok

November 12, 2012 10:00 pm  #349

The long dark winter nights are a real drag but it could be worse...just think about poor Dramagod in Finland!!

November 12, 2012 10:02 pm  #350

Davina wrote:

The long dark winter nights are a real drag but it could be worse...just think about poor Dramagod in Finland!!

Oh yes... that's like what? 5 hours of sunlight a day?
Yes, that would definitely be worst. And I love London, so I think I will survive to the dark

November 12, 2012 10:08 pm  #351

They don't even get that in mid-winter. It is pitch dark until 10 a.m. Then it gets to what looks like twilight until 2 p.m. and then it goes pitch dark again! We went there once for the kids to meet Santa. Very dark, very cold! No wonder they have saunas and sunbeds/solariums!! I guess happy music might help too.

November 12, 2012 10:11 pm  #352

Davina wrote:

They don't even get that in mid-winter. It is pitch dark until 10 a.m. Then it gets to what looks like twilight until 2 p.m. and then it goes pitch dark again! We went there once for the kids to meet Santa. Very dark, very cold! No wonder they have saunas and sunbeds/solariums!! I guess happy music might help too.

For God's sake... I think now I will never want to go to Finland

November 13, 2012 3:11 am  #353

You might really enjoy Finland in summer when the sun it's there most of the day. I do love winter though, toasting my feet by the fireplace with roasted chestnuts, mulled wine and chocolate. Watching Sherlock for a change....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

November 13, 2012 6:21 am  #354

Oh, thiaroa, I think summer would be maybe too much light...

November 13, 2012 7:51 am  #355

No worries, Irene. Just good to know you are doing ok.

Come to think about it, haven't been around much either, or at least not posting much. I'm just really busy with work and training and life, I guess 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

November 13, 2012 6:08 pm  #356

Davina wrote:

I actually never knew this about Finland until I started watching Wallender and the freaky sun thing they had going made me curious. Now, I think I heard Finland was supposed to be one of the happiest most peaceful countries in the world. Even so, I don't think I could live with the drastic sun issues. I'd surely visit, but living there might be too much of a challenge. And, I will never complain about daylight savings time again! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 13, 2012 7:22 pm  #357

Howdy, Irene!

So glad to hear from you. I was away for quite some time (and am not on here all that frequently still), so I didn't realize that you had (apparently) moved from Spain to London? Hope that was a good move.

Take care!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

November 13, 2012 7:27 pm  #358

Tantalus wrote:

Howdy, Irene!

So glad to hear from you. I was away for quite some time (and am not on here all that frequently still), so I didn't realize that you had (apparently) moved from Spain to London? Hope that was a good move.

Take care!

Yes, Tanty, I have been living in London for more than two months now... I am almost a Londoner!!

November 20, 2012 7:35 pm  #359

I was wondering for some days where Kazza might be. Haven't seen a post from her for almost two weeks. I hope she's fine.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 20, 2012 9:37 pm  #360

tobeornot221b wrote:

I was wondering for some days where Kazza might be. Haven't seen a post from her for almost two weeks. I hope she's fine.

Same here, and that applies to Molly as well

Board footera