BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 17, 2012 6:41 pm  #321

Re: Post Your Absence

Well...we're you good without me? I am back unscathed from the watery city of Amsterdam. I've walked miles, ridden on a boat and trams, seen some wonderful paintings by such artists as Van Gogh and Rembrandt, and eaten far too much.

Did you miss me? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 17, 2012 7:02 pm  #322

I  missed you!!   You were in Amsterdam?  I  have an aunt who  works at a hotel there.   Did you go to the Anne Frank House?   My  mother loves the museums there.   She's been  to the Van gogh one,  and the Rijksmuseum
too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

October 17, 2012 7:05 pm  #323

Davina, I just found out you were gone and now you're back.

And glad you're back, too, Skitty.

October 17, 2012 7:33 pm  #324

thanks  veecee--  I'll  catch  up  and  comment  when i  can.   It  was MY  idea to get the book club going again  so  I  need to catch  up with that.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

October 17, 2012 8:09 pm  #325

I saw Anne Frank's house and we visited the flea market nearby. The Van Gogh Museum is closed at the moment but there is a big exhibition of his work at the Hermitage along with an Impressionists exhibition. The Rijksmuseum was fantastic, not just Rembrandt but the other artists too. Which hotel does your Aunt work at?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 18, 2012 1:37 am  #326

Will be a bit busy for a while as I'm off from work and helping daugher and her husband take care of the new baby.  I hope to have time to check in now and then, but it won't happen as regularly as I'd like.  Will always check the Benedict and Martin picture threads however.  That's a must!

The one thing I hope to do during this time, if I can, is watch my DVD of "Nightwatching".  It's been on my to-do list for weeks now.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 18, 2012 1:46 am  #327

Have a wonderful time with that little bundle of joy, KP!

October 18, 2012 2:41 am  #328

Sounds so fun Davina, I wanna go some day!

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 18, 2012 5:57 am  #329

It is Sam BUT those bikes are lethal! You have to be VERY aware of them as you cross every street (wouldn't want to be partially sighted or blind in Amsterdam).

October 20, 2012 9:44 pm  #330

Oooops, almost forgot, I'll be out tomorrow all day and probably back in the evening 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 31, 2012 5:20 am  #331

My presence here won't be too frequent for the next few days as I'll be off for my sister's.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 31, 2012 7:53 am  #332

Have a nice time. I liked the socks you made by the way.

October 31, 2012 9:29 am  #333

I'll be offline from tomorrow until Sunday, back on Monday.Going on a short trip for my OH birthday 
Be nice while I am away!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

October 31, 2012 5:45 pm  #334

See y'all when you get back!

November 2, 2012 11:58 pm  #335

I'm posting my absence after my back, and coming back to post my absence. Studying hard these days, bye and kisses, sherlockians!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

November 3, 2012 4:01 pm  #336

Estou confusa. Are you back or are you not?

November 3, 2012 4:18 pm  #337

I think not. Been away studying, popped back to say away studying and now away! As clear as...mud! Lol!

November 5, 2012 9:17 pm  #338

I have a big event this weekend and some houseguests coming in, not to mention the election tomorrow. I thought I could just "take a peek" at the forum, but clearly that doesn't work; I just get sucked in. So I think I may have to go cold turkey till next week. If only they sold "cumberpatches" to help me through it!

November 6, 2012 7:44 pm  #339

I  have to  clear out my  apartment  loose stuff. Kitchen cupboards,  drawers,  closet,  the like.  I  wish  I had a house-elf.  Oh   wrong forum...  I  mean  I  wish Mrs.  Hudson could help me.    I'm  having  it  fumigated.   I  have a R   problem!!    UGH!!    so  I'll  be  busy  the next few days.   See  you  all  later  and do  be good whilst I'm away.  Don't  turn into mice.   "When the cat's away, the mice will play"

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 6, 2012 8:04 pm  #340

sherlockskitty wrote:

I  have to  clear out my  apartment  loose stuff. Kitchen cupboards,  drawers,  closet,  the like.  I  wish  I had a house-elf.  Oh   wrong forum...

lol  Or maybe a wand? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera