BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2012 8:57 am  #181

Re: Post Your Absence

I will be a bit absent the next two or three days. I've just known my grandma passed away. We were expecting it for a long time, she was 91 and she has been ill for the last three years. But anyway, I loved her as a second mother and I am now extremely sad.

I hope to find you all well when I come back. Lots of hugs for you.

She loved this song and always asked me to play it for her, so here is my little tribute to her

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 12, 2012 9:21 am  #182

Beautiful song for a beautiful soul. Feel blessed for having had her in your life and I am sure she felt blessed for having you in hers.

Take Care Irene.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 12, 2012 1:17 pm  #183

I'm very sorry, Irene. I shall think of you and hope you'll keep many wonderful memories of your grandmother.

I'm back from Austria, no traffic jams, cat and rabbits are well. Some photos to follow. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 12, 2012 4:39 pm  #184

Did you enjoy the holiday, Susi?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 12, 2012 4:59 pm  #185

Yes, it was a very harmonious and often funny family holiday with my husband, children and parents-in-law. We went mountain hiking, visited the oldest salt mine in the world (in operation for 7,000 years) and Salzburg, the Mozart city. In the evenings we watched the Olympics. The food was delicious, especially the Mehlspeisen (translates as "flour dishes" which sounds awful but means all sorts of wonderful cakes, tarts, ice-filled pancakes, etc) as our Austrians friends will know. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 12, 2012 5:00 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 12, 2012 5:03 pm  #186

Kaiserschmarrn??
AND Strudel!?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 12, 2012 5:34 pm  #187

Yessss. Topfenstrudel (the one that tastes a bit like cheesecake) AND apple strudel. I love the Austrian cuisine but I'd double my weight if I was living there constantly. Sadly I didn't meet Martin or Arthur.

Where did you get these smileys?

Last edited by SusiGo (August 12, 2012 5:34 pm)

August 12, 2012 7:13 pm  #188

Due to my father's death my everyday life got quite destabilized in the last few days.
Thank you so much, guys, for all your support.
Though being "only" virtual it meant a lot to me – you are wonderful!
Now I'm looking forward to all of you again.

@Irene: Oh, I can imagine what you are going through at the moment. Receive my deepest sympathy and a warm embrace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 12, 2012 7:33 pm  #189

Welcome back, Ani.
Yes, it is nice - although we never met it is a very good community in here.

And all my warmest wishes to Irene......

My father is suffering from cancer for many years now and according to the doctors he would have left us 3 years ago. They were wrong,  but of course it doesn't become better anymore, so I try to strengthen myself now and prepare for the worst, so I can support my mother later. But, yeah, you can prepare as much as you want but when it's time it will be hard, that's for sure.

August 12, 2012 7:55 pm  #190

I so sorry, Irene, that's really awful. Here's a big hug from France. That's a beautiful song by the way...
Thankyou everyone, I'm really enjoying the holiday. Especially as it has wifi! I still won't be on here much; only one laptop!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 12, 2012 7:55 pm  #191

Ani, it's good to have you here again. I hope you'll find a little distraction from your sorrow. 

August 13, 2012 12:35 am  #192

My condolences, Irene. I hope you find support in your family and condolence in your memories.

August 13, 2012 1:34 am  #193

Oh Irene, so sorry to read about your grandmother. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Welcome back, Ani, we missed you. I hope you find some consolation and distraction here in our silliness.

Britta, enjoy having your Dad while you can and make good memories for later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 13, 2012 8:01 pm  #194

Heyho, I'm back!

I'm really sorry for all of you who have lost somebody recently
I hope you feel better soon.

August 13, 2012 8:17 pm  #195

Oh Irene I've been away and only just seen your post about your grandma. Please accept my deepest condolences. My thoughts are with you and your family my dear.

Last edited by Davina (August 13, 2012 8:19 pm)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 3:01 am  #196

221B Baker Street: another person who hasn't been around lately. One of my favorite avatars.

August 14, 2012 12:13 pm  #197

I am going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow!

I might be online every now and again, but probably just for a few minutes at a time and via my phone, so probably won't be posting anything. Have fun guys, behave yourselves, and see you soon!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 14, 2012 12:31 pm  #198

Have a lovely holiday, Frog   

August 14, 2012 1:21 pm  #199

Have a nice time Froggie!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 1:26 pm  #200

Lovely and relaxing holidays!   

Board footera