BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2014 7:35 pm  #1

In-jokes

I noticed numerous in-jokes in the scripts, referring to the actors' other activities or comments they made on the episodes. There's one allusion in TGG I only discovered recently:

EWERT: Yeah. Lovely motor. Mazda RX-8. Wouldn’t mind one of them myself!
SHERLOCK: Is that one?
EWERT: No, they’re all Jags. Yeah, I can see you’re not a car man, eh?

So – Sherlock/Benedict doesn't know a Jaguar when he sees one…a little bit embarrassing…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 9, 2014 7:37 pm  #2

Re: In-jokes

We have a dragon and a dwarf, too.

Last edited by Be (March 9, 2014 7:37 pm)

March 9, 2014 9:44 pm  #3

And Mycroft mentioning the Eleventh Hour! (referring to the Doctor Who episode.....maybe.....)

March 9, 2014 10:04 pm  #4

And the famous "Tell Us About Rupert Graves, Benedict" (from the commentary of TGG) and the answer: "Rupert Graves is good at football and has five children" is echoed by TSoT's
"Gavin Lestrade. He's a man and good at it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 11, 2014 9:46 pm  #5

Mycroft's "elementary" in TEH could be just canon - but I'd rather connect it with the US series...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera