BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2014 7:20 pm  #1

Short interview with Benedict from German radio station NDR2

I just found this short video-interview with Ben done by the radio station NDR2:
http://www.ndr.de/ndr2/programm/cumberbatch101.html

He talks about '12 Years a Slave' and 'August: Osage County', especially about the experiences with his co-stars. The questions of the interviewer are not very clever (I've heard better interviews from her) but well, Ben is professional and nice as ever .

I'm afraid, only German users will be able to watch this .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

March 7, 2014 7:32 pm  #2

Re: Short interview with Benedict from German radio station NDR2

I think he did several interviews for radio stations at this day. Isn't it the same room where he did this 1Live interview? And yes he wears the same clothes ... and looks just ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 7, 2014 7:38 pm  #3

Exactly - it was nice to meet again his favourite light blue shirt.
The questions...well..."fremd schämen" is a German issue, I presume...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 7, 2014 7:40 pm  #4

Good that he always talks so much  She didn't have more time for more questions. 
I can even see a cut while he's talking. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 7, 2014 7:43 pm  #5

The reporter was not exactly brilliant. She did not get to say much but even then she stuttered and could not pronounce the name of the film. Well … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2014 7:45 pm  #6

Oh, but that happens to me all the time!
(Not now anymore, after watching his pronouncing several times.  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 7, 2014 7:51 pm  #7

Maybe she was a little bit nervous because it was HIM. LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 7, 2014 7:52 pm  #8

Possibly. Like the director and the lady who introduced "Coriolanus". It was so cute to see them fangirl over Tom Hiddleston. But at least they could speak coherently (well, he was not present). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2014 7:58 pm  #9

Yeah, that was funny. But they also are native speakers.

(Tony Hadley)

March 7, 2014 8:26 pm  #10

I listen to that radio station regularly and therefore know the interviewer and her movie commentaries and interviews rather well. Normally she isn't that bad, maybe she just had a bad day. Or maybe she really is a big fan and was nervous. At the radio commentary of this week 's film starts she explicitly notes how fabulous Ben is in August Osage County.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

March 7, 2014 9:01 pm  #11

You are right. Maybe I would forget my English as well when he was sitting in front of me. 

March 7, 2014 9:43 pm  #12

Seriously, if it hadn't been for Benedict, I would have stopped watching (and especially listening to) this even while she was asking her very first question. Just one word: preparation! God...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 7, 2014 10:39 pm  #13

gently69 wrote:

I think he did several interviews for radio stations at this day. Isn't it the same room where he did this 1Live interview? And yes he wears the same clothes ... and looks just ...

I thought the same... the interviewer is... fremdschämen *hides*

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 7, 2014 10:41 pm  #14

zeratul wrote:

fremdschämen

Haha, yes. I believe a halfway adequate English translation would be "feeling vicarious shame".

Last edited by TeeJay (March 7, 2014 10:41 pm)

March 7, 2014 10:45 pm  #15

But in spite of all, Benedict is very kind and not descending. Just the way he usually is, and what I really appreciate about him 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 7, 2014 10:47 pm  #16

I agree, Harriet. He has a lovely way of dealing with such an awkward situation. 

March 7, 2014 10:51 pm  #17

He definitely has, and to witness this really is the best thing about the whole interview.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 8, 2014 3:21 am  #18

SolarSystem wrote:

He definitely has, and to witness this really is the best thing about the whole interview.

Exactly! Love how courteous he was towards her. 

Board footera