BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2014 11:07 am  #1941

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

And I can remember I was just the same.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 17, 2014 11:08 am  #1942

gently69 wrote:

I call myself Johnlocker trainee because a few aspects of it still don't fit into my point of view.

Which ones?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 17, 2014 11:23 am  #1943

I'd also like to know. I was not into Johnlock as well when I came here.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 17, 2014 11:23 am  #1944

O gosh, there I stand with my back to the wall.

Well, sometimes I'm still struggling with the sex scenes in fan fiction for example. Okay, that also depends on how it is written. (Didn't bother me in your stories so far. Compliment to you again, Schmiezi )

And sometimes I also have problems to see the "signs" of Johnlock when "real" Johnlockers spot them immediately. 

And now and then Benedict and Martin appear in my head instead of Sherlock and John, which is an absolute no-go. I still have to get rid of that forever.

Last edited by gently69 (July 17, 2014 11:54 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 17, 2014 11:51 am  #1945

SolarSystem wrote:

It'll be the same old story... "They didn't write it this way"... "We will never see it on the show"... "Of course they love each other, but it's bromance"...  

All of which is true, the way the show has been written and acted up to this point. But my johnlock beats in the heart of fan fic, which fixes all!

July 17, 2014 11:58 am  #1946

The show has been written with a lot of subtext up to this point, and I doubt this happened by accident. They obviously wrote it in a way that makes it very obvious for a lot of people that there is more than just 'bromance' between these two men. So they did write it this way. Exactly this ambiguous way. 
Once Johnlock happens on the show, everything we've seen so far will appear sooooo ridiculously obvious.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 17, 2014 12:09 pm  #1947

There are still some things/scenes I see differently while other Johnlockers are already going crazy about them. 
But....well.... you cannot have 100% the same opinion in everything. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 17, 2014 12:11 pm  #1948

We probably wouldn't even have the same opinion about everything if Mofftiss had said officially from the very start that Johnlock exists.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 17, 2014 12:31 pm  #1949

Mattlocked wrote:

There are still some things/scenes I see differently while other Johnlockers are already going crazy about them.
But....well.... you cannot have 100% the same opinion in everything.

This!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 17, 2014 1:47 pm  #1950

Which is all fine. We basically agree and that is enough for me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2014 7:33 pm  #1951

SolarSystem wrote:

We probably wouldn't even have the same opinion about everything if Mofftiss had said officially from the very start that Johnlock exists.

You just reminded me of "Sailor Moon", a favourite anime I watched as a kid.
Two heroines of that piece, a very romantic pair at that, were gay - and the author of the original manga confirmed that yes, they are definitely a lesbian pair and she wrote them that way,
Still, this didn´t stop broadcasters in the US who changed them to "cousins" and some "fans" who claimed that no, those two aren´t pair - one of them just "spoiled" the other.
And many of those "fans" are convinced of this to this very day. 
I see a stong Johnlock analogy here. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 17, 2014 7:39 pm  #1952

Soo, I just took a walk and got in a very scientific mood. I thought again about the scene in TSoT when Mrs Hudson brings Sherlock his morning tea. What do we make of this scene?

A man is dancing in his own to a melody he has composed for his best friend’s wedding. He has tutored the groom how to dance a proper waltz. 
But this is the very morning of the wedding. This is the dance only to be danced by the married couple, not anyone else. And he has already tutored his best friend so there will be no chance or need to do it again today. The rehearsal period is over. 
We can assume that he used this waltz while tutoring John so that his friend could adapt his dancing to this special piece of music. Therefore I think he would not change anything about it at the last moment. So where does this leave us?
With a man who is dancing to a waltz he will never dance in public. We can only imagine who is in his arms at this moment.

Last edited by SusiGo (July 17, 2014 8:09 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2014 8:03 pm  #1953

I have just posted this in the "John in S4" thread but thought it would fit in here nicely:

http://ishuramjohnlocked.tumblr.com/post/89198421210/yes-i-know-youve-seen-this-before-but-i-need

(There is of course the chance that I only have this on tumblr because one of you had posted it here before. In that case sorry.)
(And thanks!)

PS Susi, it looks like the end of your post is missing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 17, 2014 8:11 pm  #1954

Thanks, Schmiezi, I have corrected the post. 

And yes, the one about the weddings pics is true. There is no real spark between John and Mary, no romance. Never was, never will. 

July 17, 2014 8:18 pm  #1955

SusiGo wrote:

Soo, I just took a walk and got in a very scientific mood. I thought again about the scene in TSoT when Mrs Hudson brings Sherlock his morning tea. What do we make of this scene?

A man is dancing in his own to a melody he has composed for his best friend’s wedding. He has tutored the groom how to dance a proper waltz. 
But this is the very morning of the wedding. This is the dance only to be danced by the married couple, not anyone else. And he has already tutored his best friend so there will be no chance or need to do it again today. The rehearsal period is over. 
We can assume that he used this waltz while tutoring John so that his friend could adapt his dancing to this special piece of music. Therefore I think he would not change anything about it at the last moment. So where does this leave us?
With a man who is dancing to a waltz he will never dance in public. We can only imagine who is in his arms at this moment.

Wedding day. Sherlock dances the dance. I was always wondering about that scene, because it's highly unlikely that he finished composing the music only that morning. Road testing? Whatever.
I think you are on the right track here, Susi. It's the wedding day and Sherlock dances the wedding dance. And he dances it with John.

July 17, 2014 8:20 pm  #1956

I like to believe that Sherlock was in his mind palace when dancing that morning, dancing with his inner John. *sigh*

July 17, 2014 8:25 pm  #1957

July 17, 2014 8:30 pm  #1958

Yes. I think his words to Mrs Hudson may have been a fib. He is rude from the moment she walks in, even before starting on the whole end of an era stuff. Maybe he feels caught. 

July 17, 2014 8:34 pm  #1959

On the other hand... maybe it's not a wedding dance at all, but a farewell dance...? The music is kind of sad after all...

July 17, 2014 8:36 pm  #1960

What have I done?

Board footera