BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2014 8:56 pm  #1741

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

charley59 wrote:

I just started reading the board, new around here , and someone posted a link that showed Watson crying, rain falling behind him, saying Sherlock was his best friend. Was that scene cut from the final showing? I have only watched each show once but I really don't remember that!

LOVE all your discussions.

Thanks,
Charley

If you live in the US, the first showing of TRF on Masterpiece Theater on PBS edited out this scene, so I never saw it until I got my DVDs. No idea why NetFlix would have done that, though.

July 3, 2014 8:58 pm  #1742

charley59 wrote:

I generally watch stuff on my phone and it tends to "hiccup" when I play video or songs, could have been the issue or I just fast-forwarded past the credits that day is another option, but I usually don't do that!

I really need to rewatch all of them, I didn't catch all the details y'all post about! It's great fun to read all the nitpicking and theories on here. Adds so much more depth to the stories. Love it!

Put the subtitles on when you watch and get even more nuances--  they say a lot of things under their breath and/or very quickly (not to mention their thick English accent) that can be easy to miss. Occasionally watching with subtitles can really enhance the whole experience, or at least, it has for me.

July 3, 2014 11:24 pm  #1743

Love all this. I've only seen the episodes once each (we rented them), but I should have the DVDs of my own next week. This all gives me a great excuse to rewatch them (not that I really need an excuse of course). I'll definitely have to check out the subtitles, because I know I missed some dialogue the first time.

July 4, 2014 9:04 pm  #1744

A bit of a different view on that scene, I think nobody here on the forum mentioned any of that before. We've all only been talking about that drama queen stuff.

http://cumberswag.tumblr.com/post/90762481587/anigrrrl2-this-scene-is-just-incredible-johns

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 4, 2014 9:10 pm  #1745

Oh, I think I have to watch that again. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2014 9:21 pm  #1746

ancientsgate wrote:

charley59 wrote:

I just started reading the board, new around here , and someone posted a link that showed Watson crying, rain falling behind him, saying Sherlock was his best friend. Was that scene cut from the final showing? I have only watched each show once but I really don't remember that!

LOVE all your discussions.

Thanks,
Charley

If you live in the US, the first showing of TRF on Masterpiece Theater on PBS edited out this scene, so I never saw it until I got my DVDs. No idea why NetFlix would have done that, though.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 4, 2014 9:25 pm  #1747

What a terrible thing to do. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 4, 2014 9:29 pm  #1748

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, I think I have to watch that again. 

One of so many things we need to watch again, right?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 4, 2014 9:35 pm  #1749

Yes. You have to be thorough in scientific studies. 

July 4, 2014 10:56 pm  #1750

SusiGo wrote:

What a terrible thing to do. 

During the showing of TRF, PBS also edited out S/J leaving Kitty's flat, the brief discussion they had out on the street after Moriarity took off on them. And they also edited out the bit with barefoot John sitting dejectedly in his chair in 221B right after Sherlock fell, and Mycroft sitting in his club reading the newspaper headlines about his brother's death.

I think they learned not to do that though, because AFAIK, they didn't do any unfortunate editing when they showed the S3 episodes.

Last edited by ancientsgate (July 4, 2014 10:58 pm)

July 5, 2014 12:15 am  #1751

ancientsgate wrote:

I think they learned not to do that though, because AFAIK, they didn't do any unfortunate editing when they showed the S3 episodes.

They certainly did learn their lesson and wrote the show a bit shorter than they had originally done in the first two series so that no editing was necessary in the US - or anywhere else.  Bravo Sue Vertue!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 5, 2014 8:07 pm  #1752

Good heavens, I just found a thing on tumblr and checked it with Ariane deVere and it is true and really amazing and I think we did not mention it here before. *deep breath*

When Tessa tells her story John falls asleep and is woken by Sherlock. But I never realised what sleepy John says when waking up:

SHERLOCK: What’s your dog’s name?
JOHN (blurrily, talking in his sleep): Yeah, I’m there if you want it.

No comment. 

July 5, 2014 8:10 pm  #1753

SusiGo wrote:

Good heavens, I just found a thing on tumblr and checked it with Ariane deVere and it is true and really amazing and I think we did not mention it here before. *deep breath*

When Tessa tells her story John falls asleep and is woken by Sherlock. But I never realised what sleepy John says when waking up:

SHERLOCK: What’s your dog’s name?
JOHN (blurrily, talking in his sleep): Yeah, I’m there if you want it.

No comment. 

No comment necessary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 5, 2014 8:29 pm  #1754

Of course we all know that's totally harmless. He's probably talking about... making Sherlock a cup of tea.

July 5, 2014 8:38 pm  #1755

Of course. Purely bromantic.

July 5, 2014 8:41 pm  #1756

Nice topic for the alphabet game, "Things John meant when saying that."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 5, 2014 8:43 pm  #1757

Pleeeeeaaase remember that 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 5, 2014 8:46 pm  #1758

Brilliant. I am sure we will find lots and lots of harmless and non-Johnlock-y explanations. 

July 5, 2014 8:50 pm  #1759

And all those explanations will be absolutely believable.

July 5, 2014 8:53 pm  #1760

Let's end the currend game quickly and get started with the new one.

Board footera