BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2014 7:18 am  #1701

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

gently69 wrote:

Btw, I am just reading schmiezi's "Crossing Bridges" and I am totally caught by Johnlock at the moment. It's so moving and beautiful! Is it a good sign?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 27, 2014 8:58 am  #1702

There is nothing to add, I guess.
Sherlock should grab John's arm more often, if you ask me.
Constantly, if you ask me. And not just his arm, if you ask me. 

http://cumberswag.tumblr.com/post/90037535098/trustsherlockholmes-i-love-how-he-grabs-his-arm

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 27, 2014 9:02 am  #1703

He can grab him all the time. I don't mind. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 27, 2014 9:02 am  #1704

Oh, this scene is sooo moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solar ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 27, 2014 9:07 am  #1705

Yes. One of my favourites. 
The look of panic on Sherlock's face when John turns to leave the cemetery … 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 27, 2014 9:07 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 27, 2014 9:12 am  #1706

Yes, one night of disharmony between him and his conductor of light clearly is more than enough. John can't be allowed to leave again. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 27, 2014 10:16 am  #1707

This is unbelievable - have a look at the elephants (in the rooms):

http://finalproblem.tumblr.com/post/72031544909/elephants-in-the-empty-hearse-no-im-not-saying

Last edited by SusiGo (June 27, 2014 10:18 am)

June 27, 2014 10:30 am  #1708

Sorry, but ... I didn't get that. (I'm too stupid I suppose) But why did you post that here, Susi?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 27, 2014 10:33 am  #1709

Well, "to avoid the elephant in the room" means "das Offensichtliche leugnen". That there is something that is obvious but people choose not to talk about it. This is often taken as a hint to Johnlock. The German translation of the elephant scene does not work because we do not have this idiom. And we do not only get the elephant in the TSoT scene but lots of other elephants. For instance on a purple tie. 

June 27, 2014 10:39 am  #1710

Ah yes, I knew the meaning of this idiom but wasn't aware about the connection you are thinking of. Now I understand. I am adaptive.

(Tony Hadley)

June 27, 2014 1:33 pm  #1711

Very late to this party and it's probably on the HLV thread, but I really watched and listened to the scene where Sherlock brings himself "back to life" for John.  I finally heard how he calls John's name as he exits "the pit" and climbs the stairs.  They didn't make it too obvious - sort of blended it into his groans - so the non-Johnlockers might not notice.  But it was there! 

My question is, those flashing shots when he finally "makes it to the top".  What are they of?  They go by so fast.  I see Baker Street and Magnuson, I think, but is there anything else? Probably nothing overtly "sentimental" because it's in character that our hero would be focusing immediately on solving the case as that would be the best way to protect John; but, in a way, that's sentiment at its best, isn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 27, 2014 4:02 pm  #1712

It took me some time until I heard this. So beautiful. 

I think the flashing shots show Magnussen, the wallpaper in Baker Street and the street door. Not sure if there is more but they seem to be work-related. Although Baker Street is a very symbolic place for Sherlock and not only connected to work. For me it also had an aspect of stepping out into the outside world again = life. 

(Just an aside - This year's London Gay Pride Parade will start in Baker Street.)

June 27, 2014 4:16 pm  #1713

Not to forget the stairs from "Pink" (first case with John).

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 27, 2014 4:16 pm  #1714

Is it something like the Christopher Street Day, Susi?

Last edited by gently69 (June 27, 2014 4:17 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

June 27, 2014 4:19 pm  #1715

Yes. And Sir Ian McKellen will introduce Conchita Wurst. 

http://prideinlondon.org

June 27, 2014 4:27 pm  #1716

Just watched that scene in sloooow motion.
It's Magnusson showing the letters at Baker Street. And a close up view of Mary's gun, aiming at the viewer. And then Mary aiming at Magnusson. And the door of 221.

June 27, 2014 4:29 pm  #1717

Thank you, Mattlocked, I never took the time to watch in slow-mo. So Mary is in his mind all the time representing danger. Magnussen is the case. And the door might stand for home? 

June 27, 2014 4:32 pm  #1718

Mattlocked, first scientific research on your laptop?

(Tony Hadley)

June 27, 2014 7:51 pm  #1719

June 27, 2014 8:00 pm  #1720

gently69 wrote:

Mattlocked, first scientific research on your laptop?

Told you! 

Board footera