BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2014 11:19 am  #1641

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Hankie and group hug, if you please...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 21, 2014 11:20 am  #1642

Count me in.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2014 11:23 am  #1643

Okay, let's sit down with hankies and chocolate and watch some "Sherlock", shall we...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 21, 2014 11:25 am  #1644

Fine. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2014 11:33 am  #1645

I"m good with all that.  *sniffle*

This was interesting.

The Exception.
http://welovethebeekeeper.tumblr.com/post/89436917768/the-exception-to-the-rule

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 21, 2014 11:37 am  #1646

Oh, come on, tonnaree, the relationship between John and Mary is very romantic and loving. Just think of … give me a moment … there was something … must have forgotten … 

June 21, 2014 11:39 am  #1647

Come on...! There is so much romance between John and Mary, I don't even know where to start...!

June 21, 2014 11:41 am  #1648

Take your time. I am waiting patiently. 

June 21, 2014 11:51 am  #1649

Well..... once John asked Mary: What have I done my whole life to deserve you?

Oh wait, he could probably have meant it in a different way as it may sound.... 

Hm... *goes on thinking*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 21, 2014 12:09 pm  #1650

:-D

June 21, 2014 12:19 pm  #1651

How about the "proposal" where John tells Mary she's the best thing that could have happened to him...wasn't that super romantic?
Oh wait, that was after he told her what a rough two years he had struggling with grief and trying to overcome the loss of Sherlock, apparently the love of his life.  Soooo, Mary is essentially a rebound relationship and a band-aid for his wounded heart.  That's always nice to know when you're being proposed to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 21, 2014 12:40 pm  #1652

...but isn't it just lovely how Mary agrees with John when he says that she's the best thing that could possibly have happened to him? Lovely, just lovely!

June 21, 2014 1:16 pm  #1653

..............just saying.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 21, 2014 3:10 pm  #1654

And it is nice how she is holding his hand in bed while he is dreaming of … damn. 

June 21, 2014 3:16 pm  #1655

Yeah well.... not easy.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 21, 2014 3:18 pm  #1656

And it is also nice how she is just sitting aside while Sherlock tells John how much he... ah well...

June 22, 2014 7:12 pm  #1657

I'm still new to all this and didn't yet have time to read all the posts in this thread, but what I have read so far has confirmed my first impression that this show and in particular the portrayal of its two main characters works on many levels, depending on the mindset and the personal experiences of the viewer. I think that is excatly what makes it such a great and highly entertaining show, it would be boring if there was only one "correct" interpretation. I love the subtext and I love the fact that people can enjoy the show in many different ways, depending how they interpret the subtext, and even if they don't see any subtext at all. Kudos to the writers and actors!

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 22, 2014 7:46 pm  #1658

diva wrote:

I'm still new to all this and didn't yet have time to read all the posts in this thread, but what I have read so far has confirmed my first impression that this show and in particular the portrayal of its two main characters works on many levels, depending on the mindset and the personal experiences of the viewer. I think that is excatly what makes it such a great and highly entertaining show, it would be boring if there was only one "correct" interpretation. I love the subtext and I love the fact that people can enjoy the show in many different ways, depending how they interpret the subtext, and even if they don't see any subtext at all. Kudos to the writers and actors!

What is this "subtext" you speak of?  It's obvious to even the casual viewer that this is the story of how a tightly wound gay man who pushes people away and a repressed bisexual former soldier find each other and gradually discover that they are two halfs of a whole.

(*giggle* Was that aggressive enough?)  

JK!     Welcome to the forum Diva!

Last edited by tonnaree (June 22, 2014 7:47 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 22, 2014 7:52 pm  #1659

Well, I really have to stretch my imagination but I'm starting to understand what you're talking about, Tonnaree.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 22, 2014 7:53 pm  #1660

diva wrote:

Well, I really have to stretch my imagination but I'm starting to understand what you're talking about, Tonnaree.

Stick around long enough, we'll convert you.  Just ask gently.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera