BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2014 9:03 pm  #121

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

besleybean wrote:

He's just nosey.

And in love.

April 28, 2014 11:49 pm  #122

The two often go hand in hand.  When I was at college I worked part time in the deans office.  There was this one guy I had a huge crush on and I pulled his file and memorized his basic information sheet.

*giggle*  Not proud but not really sorry either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 29, 2014 6:36 am  #123

This would also explain Sherlock's fat file on John he presents to Molly (including the Vitruvian man with John's face). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 29, 2014 6:49 am  #124

This file actually is one of the most interesting things of S3, if you ask me...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 29, 2014 6:53 am  #125

I took some screenshots. The file is marked "secret". There is John's birth certificate and another form saying something about "family doctor service" which the Brits among us might know. I suppose it is medical information about John. And then of course the completely normal and totally insuspicious Leonardo drawing. And lots more which we do not get to see. 
One could argue that it is just Sherlock's character to collect data about everything and everyone but well … 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 29, 2014 6:58 am  #126

But he wouldn't collect data about something or someone he's not interested in or finds boring...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 29, 2014 7:00 am  #127

No. And who is not connected to a case. I wonder what he has stored in there …

April 29, 2014 7:03 am  #128

And why on earth is he carrying that whole file around with him when he goes to see Molly? He only would have needed a couple of pages, right? They obviously wanted us to see that thick file...

April 29, 2014 7:03 am  #129

Perhaps it's the file Mycroft gave him? And Sherlock added a few interesting things ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 29, 2014 7:04 am  #130

Exactly. And these are those subtle hints I am always talking about. It is not about big glaring declarations of love but these small things leading up to … well. 
He would have basically just needed their respective body weight, I suppose. 

Yes, gently, I thought of that as well. I think we can safely assume that the Leonardo was Sherlock's addition. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 29, 2014 7:05 am)

April 29, 2014 7:08 am  #131

Imagining that he even took the time to cut out John's head from a pic and then... oh well...

April 29, 2014 7:09 am  #132

Ladies, calm down please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 29, 2014 7:09 am  #133

Putting it on the drawing of the ideal man according to Leonardo da Vinci. I see what you mean. 

April 29, 2014 7:11 am  #134

I mean, it took effort... at least for someone like Sherlock who thinks that most things are boring and not worth dealing with. This file isn't just a file to him.

April 29, 2014 7:15 am  #135

Definitely not. (OT: Maybe he should have had one of those files on Mary. Would have saved him a lot of heartbreak.) 

April 29, 2014 8:09 am  #136

SolarSystem wrote:

And why on earth is he carrying that whole file around with him when he goes to see Molly? He only would have needed a couple of pages, right? They obviously wanted us to see that thick file...

Kinda creepy, if you think about it.

April 29, 2014 11:50 am  #137

SolarSystem wrote:

Imagining that he even took the time to cut out John's head from a pic and then... oh well...

I like to scrapbook as a hobby and this gives me the most perfect picture of Sherlock sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by sissors and paper and gluesticks.  He'd be concentrating just as hard as on any of his experiments.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 29, 2014 11:58 am  #138

tonnaree wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I like to scrapbook as a hobby and this gives me the most perfect picture of Sherlock sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by sissors and paper and gluesticks.  He'd be concentrating just as hard as on any of his experiments.  

Oh, god, that makes the whole thing seem even more creepy to me! Imagine if someone were doing that about your personal bizniz, cutting and pasting and preserving your information, and without your knowledge. *shiver* Not that Sherlock has any kind of nefarious purposes behind doing a "scrapbook" about John (at least we trust not!), but taken at face value, when you think about it (or rather, when I think about it), it's creepy, whatever the reasons are he's doing it.

Last edited by ancientsgate (April 29, 2014 12:36 pm)

April 29, 2014 12:09 pm  #139

Well,  considering that Mycroft has a file on his own mother ...

April 29, 2014 12:36 pm  #140

SusiGo wrote:

Well, considering that Mycroft has a file on his own mother ...

Creepy is as creepy does, I guess.

But (again, to me) it's creepier when a friend is doing that to/about a friend. There could be, I suppose, legit reasons why someone would keep a file about their elderly mother's medical, social, professional, family history, but when a someone does that to/about his peer, a friend who has no idea it's being done.... 

Ah, well. Best not to think about it. Let's just whistle a happy tune and pretend I never brought this up, okay?  heh

Board footera