BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2017 1:57 pm  #6861

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

tonnaree wrote:

At this point I can be at peace if they at least leave it ambiguous enough for me to continue my personal headcanon.

Amen to that.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 13, 2017 2:09 pm  #6862

I don't know what they'd need to show us to negate JL forever. It's in every episode of the show. They just can't undo it.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 13, 2017 3:09 pm  #6863

ewige wrote:

I don't know what they'd need to show us to negate JL forever. It's in every episode of the show. They just can't undo it.

Agreed.
And I have seen some well known JL supporters on tumblr telling people to be calm and make their own judgments when they see the episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 13, 2017 3:22 pm  #6864

I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but personally I would like them to get as explicit as possible when it comes to Johnlock.
I have to admit that by now I have seen enough ambiguity and that I'd like them to be brave enough to really show us what they wanted to show us from the start. And if that means no Johnlock, because that's not what they wanted to show us, then so be it. I tend to believe that they do have a message they wanna get across - so please be crystal-clear about it, Mofftiss.
And if at the end of TFP there still is ambiguity... well, I certainly won't hate Mofftiss. That's ridiculous. But I probably will be disappointed, simply because I think that after years of leaving stuff open to interpretation, there comes a time when it truly is time to make clear what your true vision is. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 13, 2017 3:38 pm  #6865

Oh Solar, you know if I was in charge of the show they'd be shagging like bunnies by now. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 13, 2017 3:41 pm  #6866

tonnaree wrote:

Oh Solar, you know if I was in charge of the show they'd be shagging like bunnies by now. 

Why am I not surprised...? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 13, 2017 4:05 pm  #6867

Hehe.

I seriously don't know what to want anymore.

On one hand, it's important that they tell their story. On the other hand, I'd hate to think that they chickened out.

I also believe that the character development is the main story arc, whose "shattering climax" would be a romantic relationship because "it would complete you as a human being". If this is truly the end of the show without JL, then I want to see an equally important main story arc resolved in TFP.

If it's nothing gets resolved, then, well... we are in for a long wait.

Also, tonnaree, I've been squinting very hard to avoid any spoilers in case you posted them on the last page But managed to reach the end of your post unharmed I can only say that I always tell "wait and see for yourself" when I don't want to give away something GOOD.

-----

January 13, 2017 4:08 pm  #6868

I firmly believe that S4 won't be the last. Hence I don't believe their character developement will reach the end this series. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 13, 2017 4:41 pm  #6869

But what else can be the end of an era?..
Yeah, ok, many things actually. They could resolve the Moriarty arc, for one thing.

Last edited by ewige (January 13, 2017 4:43 pm)

-----

January 13, 2017 5:23 pm  #6870

"The end of an era" can mean lots of things... and when it comes to Sherlock Holmes, the end of an era would definitely be if Sherlock decided not to work as Consulting Detective any longer. But yes, what then? Well, something massive would have to happen for Sherlock to give up his 'job', and that could mean that it feels like the end of an era and also like something from where you can't continue to tell the story immediately. That's how I understand the quote: not as a definite ending but as an ending which makes you feel like a long break is needed before the story can continue.
That being said, I have no idea what this could be.

But since this is the Johnlock thread: By "explicit" I didn't mean that I need to see them in bed together, if you know what I mean. I mean, I certainly wouldn't say no.
But for me it would be explicit enough if at the end of the episode Sherlock took John's hand, said to him "Let's go home, John" and we saw them walking down the street together, still holding hands. Not even a kiss would be needed. I just want it to be clear beyond any doubt.

January 13, 2017 5:46 pm  #6871

I don't think holding hands would be clear beyond doubt. After all, all bros do that, especially if it's cold outside

-----

January 13, 2017 6:02 pm  #6872

ewige wrote:

I don't think holding hands would be clear beyond doubt. After all, all bros do that, especially if it's cold outside

I just wanted to write the same. :-D
The end of an era might be the end of 221b, judging from the promo pics. :'-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 13, 2017 6:06 pm  #6873

ewige wrote:

God, everyone's a critic.

January 13, 2017 6:31 pm  #6874

Schmiezi wrote:

The end of an era might be the end of 221b, judging from the promo pics. :'-(

True. However, that wouldn't be a natural reason to stop having adventures for the next several years.
While settling down would

-----

January 13, 2017 6:35 pm  #6875

I did see a comment that said the end was like not only the end of an era, but also a new beginning.

That gives me some home.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 13, 2017 6:39 pm  #6876

Spoilers, tonnaree!
But to reply to that, since I can't unsee it anymore:

Maybe they are moving to 221C next season!

-----

January 13, 2017 7:04 pm  #6877

Oh, ewige, you are such a tease with your spoiler.  I had to look LOL.

I love this thread.  The hug gif makes me weak and giddy. Like everyone else, I watch it way too much.

While it would be awesome to see Johnlock confirmed at the end of TFP (my screams of joy would fill the universe and my husband would probably end up driving me to the nearest psych clinic for hyper-euphoria), I will accept ambiguity over TPTB dashing all our hopes. I have always enjoyed the tease, the fun of finding hints, the various interpretations people have, the debates and discussions.  I think I would really miss that.

I am starting to get heart palpitations and hyperventilate thinking about what this last show could mean to all of us. I'm sad and excited all at the same time.  Please Moftiss don't dash our hopes and please let there be a Series 5!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 13, 2017 7:44 pm  #6878

ewige wrote:

Spoilers, tonnaree!
But to reply to that, since I can't unsee it anymore:

Maybe they are moving to 221C next season!

Bite my entire behind ewige!

But I mean that in a nice way.  *giggle*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 13, 2017 7:56 pm  #6879

You are borrowing Sherlock's vocabs! So not fair!

-----

January 14, 2017 8:54 am  #6880

Just as a break from all the angsting over TFP that's been going on. Something to perfectly illustrate Performance in the Leading Role, anyone?

NoShipSherlock wrote:

Found this on Pinterest.  It is from the following site:  http://thelastromantics.tumblr.com/post/74219337902
Not sure what is happening there, but I like it!

Quite sure photoshop is happening here. Oh well.

-----

Board footera