BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2016 6:37 am  #6421

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

tonnaree wrote:

((((hugs Solar))))   Very well said dear.

Let me hug you back. 
And maybe it's even time for a group hug again...? 

Schmiezi, I certainly won't force myself to post in the dabte thread. And I haven't posted a lot there lately anyway, so I guess I'll only do so in the future when I really feel like it. It's a bit like with the Mary thread. There are times when I'm sick and tired of even thinking about her, and then there are times when I can't hold myself back and just need to get it out (whatever 'it' might be).
I think it's important to remember that this is supposed to be fun. All of it. The show, the forum, the discussions, Johnlock... so I'll post when I'm in the right mood. Doesn't mean I don't follow the threads. I do. Maybe that's part of the problem.

Anyway, can I just say that it's nice to have a place here on the forum where we can talk about our doubts and worries concerning the show (and Johnlock) as well? Thank you all for that. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 3, 2016 6:42 am  #6422

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

((((hugs Solar))))   Very well said dear.

Let me hug you back. 
And maybe it's even time for a group hug again...? 

Yes!!!

(((group hug)))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 3, 2016 6:45 am  #6423

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 3, 2016 7:50 am  #6424

I just found this very long, very reasonable and very thorough post that sums up why Sherlock was generally written up as Johnlock romance. Worth reading:

http://bug-catcher-in-viridian-forest.tumblr.com/post/128518826221/sherlock-tv-series-heteronormativity-caught

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 3, 2016 7:59 am  #6425

Nakahara, what a great post. Not through with it completely, but I love it.

My first impulse was to ask you to re-post it at the debate but it probably won't re-start a healthy discussion anyway, right? :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 3, 2016 8:10 am  #6426

Probably not.
That´s why I posted it here, so we can enjoy it in peaceful atmosphere.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 3, 2016 8:13 am  #6427

Sad but true!

August 3, 2016 8:37 am  #6428

August 3, 2016 8:52 am  #6429

Love it!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 3, 2016 9:25 am  #6430

SolarSystem wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm fine.
Well, to be more precise, I'm as fine as I was a week or two weeks or two months ago. Because I still don't really pay that much attention to interviews or articles trying to explain the show to me. It's been like that from the very beginning for me, and it will continue to be like that: What I see in the show is the crucial factor. So I didn't really jump up and down out of joy when Benedict said that "love conquers all", and equally I didn't get depressed when I read that infamous Mofftiss-Johnlock-article. They've said so many things over the years, then again they didn't really say much at all (and I really think they should stop doing SDCC if they're only there to talk about previous episodes, but that's probably just me).
I know I haven't been all that thrilled about the show lately, S3 and TAB changed things a bit for me. But then yesterday there was a rerun of TRF on tv and I just sat down and watched it (can't watch it often enough, right?) and yes, it's still there: the magic that is Sherlock and John in BBC Sherlock. I still see it. And someone has put it there. And nobody can convince me otherwise.
So let them talk. I'm reading it and I'm listening. But at the end of the day the show speaks for itself and I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to what might be in store for us in S4. (And I admit that I'm not really having high hopes for Johnlock becoming more explicit than it has been so far, but that has nothing to do with what Mofftiss said about it recently.)

Wow! You found the right words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2016 10:51 am  #6431

Great! Hooray to German subtitles. :-D

August 3, 2016 11:21 am  #6432

Love the links . Some new things there to me . The double entendres had me giggling. 
German subtitles ! sehr gut 

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

August 3, 2016 3:39 pm  #6433

Lautrela wrote:

*arrives late to the grouphug but still hugs everyone*
I'm sure everyone has read it already, but I just discovered the meta document called "In Gatiss we trust, operation Johnlock is go" I wonder if it's true, I kind of wish it were, in a part of my mind. But even if it's not, it's cool that someone wrote that, so we can still enjoy the ship still.

Do you have a link to share? That sounds promising. :-)

(((group hug)))

Last edited by Schmiezi (August 3, 2016 3:40 pm)

August 3, 2016 5:13 pm  #6434

Lautrela wrote:

Sure, It's the document at the end of the page. 
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-R0-ikRKha4YzVNc2hscnJRbjg?pageId=100269197777295103749&tid=0B-R0-ikRKha4Si1rUnF6WHBmRG8

I'm now reading the tumblr link nakahara posted a bit earlier and yeah, there is a lot of coincidences indeed...

Thank you again! <3

August 3, 2016 5:37 pm  #6435

Hi, late to the group hug (((())))) but better than never!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 3, 2016 5:45 pm  #6436

(((Special mod hug))) for Susi!

August 3, 2016 8:41 pm  #6437

The group hug is ongoing.

August 3, 2016 10:01 pm  #6438

HEY!  I"m a Mod too!

Mods need lots of love right now!!    

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 4, 2016 6:41 am  #6439

Hug to alll the mods.

August 4, 2016 9:59 am  #6440

*drops a glitter bomb on tonnaree*

(((hugs)))

Board footera