BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2016 6:52 pm  #6401

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

SusiGo wrote:

Well, maybe we will get some more opinions. And I really, really hope that this thread will become more active again. 

But of course there is my sig, not exactly a spoiler. 

Please look at this. WARNING: From SDCC. Might contain S4 spoilers:

http://stillgosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/148040745538/anindoorkitty-lunadax-mollydobby

There is an even better one, will try and find it. 

I love this comment "Mark death glares, then smirkily “ I told you so” looking at *facepalming* Steven while Benedict goes on talking, blissfully unaware…" It sums up the situation perfectly.

I still wonder if Poor Benedict has to live the last week of filming on water and bread. (Do say that in English as well?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 2, 2016 7:03 pm  #6402

Schmiezi I am with you .

Susie and Nakahara and everyone who has posted such wonderful amazing gaytackular links lately.
Thankyou !

For myself the interview changed nothing it was more of the usual and followed by a yes they lie article . They need to keep the debate alive and thats whats happened . One hundred years ago this ship was a canoe and now its the Queen Elizabeth and nothing can sink it. We already know how it goes and thats the John and Sherlock show in front of a fire at 221b.

My certainty Sherlock is gay comes from examining ten crime scenes covered in rainbows and glitter. They can't clean that up and it's got their name all over.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (August 2, 2016 7:04 pm)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

August 2, 2016 7:12 pm  #6403

I was upset for about 2 days.  The second part of the interview helped a lot. 

One thing I do wish is that fans and interviewers would just NOT ask the team direct questions about Johnlock.!   I mean, what in the bleeding hell do you expect them to say?  It's no different than asking them "hey, is Mary going to die?"  There's no possible way for them to answer honestly.

As far as still believing in Johnlock, I would not be surprised if TPTB went with some sort of sly scene that for most of us would confirm John and Sherlock being together as a couple, but would still leave just enough wiggle room that any fan that wants to can still brush it off.

In general I remain as always cautiously optimistic.  There will be glitter regardless. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 2, 2016 7:13 pm  #6404

So happy to hear from all of you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 2, 2016 7:28 pm  #6405

I agree with all you say tonaree.

I think Mary departing and Sherlock not hiding a secret female iceberg in his gay pants and John back at 221b will be lovely.

Going back in time to the shooting and making better choices would be spectacular.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

August 2, 2016 7:35 pm  #6406

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 2, 2016 7:44 pm  #6407

I must have watched this like a thousand times already. <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 2, 2016 7:48 pm  #6408

Benedict, best actor of his generation, cannot control his face. 

August 2, 2016 7:49 pm  #6409

Such a sweet and adorable dork.   *sigh*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 2, 2016 7:53 pm  #6410

that clip really does make me laugh out loud every time .
His face does really seem so open and reavealing there .
I really do love him when he starts rambling about Sherlock.

August 2, 2016 7:53 pm  #6411

And if you combine this with "love conquers all" and (so far) "very limited sex life", well. 

August 2, 2016 7:57 pm  #6412

How long is the list of people Sherlock Holmes loves. 
Hmmm Mycrofts off for sure. Hudders , Mummy , Daddy. ...um um hmmmm.

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (August 2, 2016 7:57 pm)

August 2, 2016 8:03 pm  #6413

tonnaree wrote:

Such a sweet and adorable dork.   *sigh*

Cutie. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 2, 2016 8:04 pm  #6414

And here is something else. I cut it out of another post which contained S4 speculation. It is by tumblr blogger thanangst if anyone is interested:

"I remember this:  A fan (who shall remain nameless…no, not me) attended an event that had BC as a guest. She got to meet him backstage, and she expressed her worry that Johnlock was a joke, gaybaiting. He was in a hurry to leave, but he touched her arm and said: “Be patient…we’re trying to create something here." 

I don’t know about you, but that said something profound to me, and you can probably surmise what that is."

August 2, 2016 8:23 pm  #6415

Yes. And the message I think they are sending out I think goes something like  no one is an island or has to be alone - not even Sherlock Holmes. And it's very much needed at the moment. We can be great and good and kind and loving all at the same time.  It's not a weakness.

August 2, 2016 8:34 pm  #6416

Amen to that.

August 2, 2016 9:26 pm  #6417

Hi everyone,
I'm fine.
Well, to be more precise, I'm as fine as I was a week or two weeks or two months ago. Because I still don't really pay that much attention to interviews or articles trying to explain the show to me. It's been like that from the very beginning for me, and it will continue to be like that: What I see in the show is the crucial factor. So I didn't really jump up and down out of joy when Benedict said that "love conquers all", and equally I didn't get depressed when I read that infamous Mofftiss-Johnlock-article. They've said so many things over the years, then again they didn't really say much at all (and I really think they should stop doing SDCC if they're only there to talk about previous episodes, but that's probably just me).
I know I haven't been all that thrilled about the show lately, S3 and TAB changed things a bit for me. But then yesterday there was a rerun of TRF on tv and I just sat down and watched it (can't watch it often enough, right?) and yes, it's still there: the magic that is Sherlock and John in BBC Sherlock. I still see it. And someone has put it there. And nobody can convince me otherwise.
So let them talk. I'm reading it and I'm listening. But at the end of the day the show speaks for itself and I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to what might be in store for us in S4. (And I admit that I'm not really having high hopes for Johnlock becoming more explicit than it has been so far, but that has nothing to do with what Mofftiss said about it recently.)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 2, 2016 10:56 pm  #6418

((((hugs Solar))))   Very well said dear.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 3, 2016 12:54 am  #6419

I haven't really been following every detail of SDCC and what was said there - just bits and pieces.  And I'm not on Tumblr so I only see what gets re-posted (blogged?) on this forum.  So ok, a lot of the show's appeal for me is that I saw Johnlock almost from the start and I was fascinated to see how far the show would push the envelope, so to speak. I loved Irene calling them a couple, I walked around in a daze for weeks after all the 'feels' in TRF, I adored TSoT for the stag-do stuff (sleeping together on the stairs, the knee grab) and I remember feeling literally sick to my stomach when Janine walked out of Sherlock's bedroom in HLV.  But, whatever the hell was said at SDCC, I'm still good because the show is beyond clever and it's still going to show the boys devoted to each other in all kinds of unique ways (which I can't wait to see in S4). I would miss the Johnlock ambiguity aspect of the show should it disappear; but I don't think it will entirely.  I think there will always be that cheeky nod to the Holmes/Watson as a couple theory dating back to Victorian times. And I really don't need Johnlock to become explicit in the show, I just need the wiggle room that it could - even if not just now.

So, bring it on S4!  Show me what you've got!  Then I'll decide if I'm disappointed or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 3, 2016 5:06 am  #6420

Well said, KP.

How do you all feel about the debate btw? I am always torn: on the one hand I think we need to continue talking about Johnlock. On the other hand, it feels futile because arguments for Johnlock are mostly dismissed without thinking about it. :-(

Board footera