BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2016 1:41 pm  #6221

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

But ladies, don't you know anything...?! He's quite clearly been talking about the Vauxhall Arches!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 15, 2016 1:56 pm  #6222

tonnaree wrote:

We get sneered at for making too much of how John and Sherlock look at each other and yet some people have decided to ship Sherlock with this women because he has walked with her and eaten chips.  She doesn't even have a name yet!!! 

But...but... that girl is female, you know?
The moment the man and a woman appear on screen together, they are automatically an item, until proven otherwise.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 15, 2016 1:56 pm  #6223

Solar:

Oh, this is was not about a woman at all? 

Nakahara: Of course you are right. A man can be drugged, slapped, and shot by a woman and this is just proof that they love him. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 15, 2016 1:58 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2016 2:21 pm  #6224

I just made this into a little tumblr post:

Just let me get this right: If a man is drugged, whipped, slapped, insulted, shot, and deprived of pain medication by women this is proof of him being straight. And when he is praised, befriended, mourned, and saved by a man this does not mean anything at all. Got it.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2016 3:00 pm  #6225

*high fives Susi*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 15, 2016 3:30 pm  #6226

Straight to the point.

Pun intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 15, 2016 3:59 pm  #6227

Very well put. And exactly what always bothered me. Have the most far-fetched pairing or the most boring one because, hey, they are together in real life!, and it must be a thing on screen. Anything literally is better than thanking heaven and Olympus and whatever higher creature we believe in for having found Martin and Ben with a chemistry to bring both an epic friendship since 1895 as well as an absolutely epic romantic love story on screen!

Last edited by mrshouse (June 15, 2016 4:01 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 15, 2016 11:49 pm  #6228

I haven't been over to the 'other' thread lately but I seem to recall a debate about John being bi and certain people saying there was no indication of that in the show.  Well, I think that beyond Irene's "look at us both", the real proof is in the infamous knee grab and the "I don't mind" line in TSoT. I mean, come on.....how else are we supposed to interpret that?  Is there another way to interpret that?  Tell me, please!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 16, 2016 12:36 am  #6229

I'll have a go at that latter one, KeepersPrice. John could simply be comfortable with his (het) sexuality. A mistaken touch doesn't bother him like it might a closeted or insecure individual.

But I'll counter my own counter with this: John "I AM NOT GAY!" Watson is clearly not comfortable with his sexual identity, because he's all too keen to correct people whenever someone assumes he's gay for SH. The man doth protest too much.

But I'll counter my counter with this counter: John might simply get annoyed that everyone thinks two men can't be very close friends without there being a sexual element. Multiple remarks by both the show's writers indicate as much.

Last edited by GimmeCat (June 16, 2016 12:39 am)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 16, 2016 4:06 am  #6230

tonnaree wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Yes, tonnaree, this would really make me laugh if it wasn't so sad. Show him with a woman for five seconds and she's a love interest. Show him with John for ten episodes plus a very gay Pilot and... well. 

Not to mention the Gay Victorian Special.      But, oh, wait, the special proved that Sherlock is attracted to women because he has a photo of Irene and complimented Lady Carmichael's arches.

Now that I think of it ... Mary said less nice things about John and married him. No wonder they consider a comment about someone's arches to be a proof of true love. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 16, 2016 7:10 am  #6231

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 16, 2016 11:46 am  #6232

Just almost choked on my coffee.  Thanks Nakahara!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 16, 2016 9:57 pm  #6233

LOL @Nakahara . So true .

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

June 16, 2016 10:20 pm  #6234

Regarding "The Ring."

Have to share a post I just read on tumblr.

"Listen. I want to Gollum-style jump on John, bite that ring off his finger and take myself and that ring into the fires of Mt. Doom so my boys can finally be free."

BRILLIANT!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 16, 2016 11:06 pm  #6235

GimmeCat wrote:

I'll have a go at that latter one, KeepersPrice. John could simply be comfortable with his (het) sexuality. A mistaken touch doesn't bother him like it might a closeted or insecure individual.

But I'll counter my own counter with this: John "I AM NOT GAY!" Watson is clearly not comfortable with his sexual identity, because he's all too keen to correct people whenever someone assumes he's gay for SH. The man doth protest too much.

But I'll counter my counter with this counter: John might simply get annoyed that everyone thinks two men can't be very close friends without there being a sexual element. Multiple remarks by both the show's writers indicate as much.

Awww, all plausible.....spoil sport! LOL! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 17, 2016 6:56 am  #6236

GimmeCat and any others, just a friendly reminder: this thread is strictly pro-Johnlock. In here we have fun and lots of feelings and debate the "how" and "when", but never the "if". 

June 17, 2016 7:41 am  #6237

Susi, since when do moderators moderate in purple instead of red...? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 17, 2016 7:48 am  #6238

Well, I sort of like the colour. And it seemed appropriate for this thread. 

June 17, 2016 8:00 am  #6239

No shit, Sherlock...? 

June 17, 2016 8:01 am  #6240

Yep. My strict, authoritarian mod's notes are in red. Friendly reminders in here come in pink and purple. 

Board footera