BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2016 5:31 am  #6161

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

This kind of belongs into the Setlock thread, but I thought I shouldn't post it there... for obvious reasons... but well, it's about the beard and all that... so I decided to post it in here... for obvious reasons... found this quote in tumblr:

the only reason sherlock has a beard is so there can be a line where john is like “i hate your beard” and sherlock looks pointedly at mary and says “i hate yours too” 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 1, 2016 6:32 am  #6162

This is brilliant. ☺

And I read another one, something like: but Sherlock had a beard before. Her name was Janine.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 1, 2016 7:04 am  #6163

And of course John needs to let us know that he prefers his Detectives clean-shaven...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 1, 2016 7:24 am  #6164

Of course. We know they like to re-use their dialogue.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 1, 2016 7:26 am  #6165

June 1, 2016 7:30 am  #6166

Great analysis. They went for the long, slow arc. Although I wonder how the show would have been if they had continued with the pilot. Gayest Holmes ever - since 2010. 

June 1, 2016 8:04 am  #6167

I have a hunch that I could have lived with the "Gayest Holmes Ever" version... 
(And let's not forget that certain... people... most certainly would not have featured in that version...)

June 1, 2016 8:08 am  #6168

Ahem, yes. Indeed. On the other hand the quality of ASiP is much higher. And I like a slow burn romance although by now I could live without the slow part of it. 

June 1, 2016 8:29 am  #6169

As for the slow burn - this is actually one argument used against Johnlock: They could have shown them being in love from the very beginning like in a heterosexual love story. Excuse me? I think the term slow-burn romance was not invented for gay love stories alone. So what we have here as a slow-burn same sex love story, full of impediments and false love interests. So what? Do you need a rainbow coloured flat at the beginning of episode 1 to tell everyone that this is going to be a love story between two men? 

June 1, 2016 8:39 am  #6170

I think both ways of telling a love story, whether it's a heterosexual or a gay love story, can work. It all comes down to the writing. That being said, I'm absolutely convinced that nobody would ever use the slow way of telling such a story as an argument against any show that features a man and a woman in the lead roles... take "X-Files" or "Castle" or you name it.

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 1, 2016 8:40 am)

June 1, 2016 8:53 am  #6171

Yes, exactly. Double standards all the way. 

June 2, 2016 6:19 pm  #6172

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 2, 2016 9:00 pm  #6173

Count me in. 

June 2, 2016 10:08 pm  #6174

mrshouse wrote:

Come on, girls, who cares about Morocco anyway?
http://junejuly15.tumblr.com/post/145304265442/sherlockbuddy-well-what-about-aa-went-off-to

This.  I'm begging...........................

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 4, 2016 3:42 pm  #6175

June 13, 2016 4:16 am  #6176

I miss you guys posting here. The non-Johnlockers seem to get louder and louder in the debate and other threads, and I miss the fluffy fluff I usually find here.

I don't post many links myself, mostly because I barely spend time on the internet when I am not on the forum these days, but please note that I realy miss this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 13, 2016 5:18 am  #6177

Aw, Schmiezi, I miss it, too.
Thing is, I don't take part in the discussion over there anymore because I feel it is really tiresome how the discussion is lead there. Opinions are simply stated as facts. No more using of idioms like "I think...", "I see....", "In my opinion....". It's all just a stating of (felt) facts. For me that is not discussion anymore but writing over each other.
Plus we have similar discussions also now in the "Homophobia" thread and every now and again in the Mary thread ( where IMHO it does not belong at all)
So, yes, since some of the fun is gone we should get it here again!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 13, 2016 6:21 am  #6178

You are totally right, ladies. So let me give you something then... not so fluffy, I'm afraid, but I know that we all love of bit of hurt as well.

June 13, 2016 6:22 am  #6179

And one more. And if you know the song by "The Smiths" the lyrics are taken from, it's even better.
http://ilarina.tumblr.com/post/117960137778/there-is-a-light-that-never-goes-out

June 13, 2016 6:39 am  #6180

Oh, no, I love that song, Solar! 

And, yes, let's get the thread rolling again!

Board footera