BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2016 7:53 am  #5941

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 15, 2016 7:59 am  #5942

Lovely observations. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 15, 2016 8:07 am  #5943

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 15, 2016 8:12 am  #5944

I remember reading the book at school and hating it. I wanted to shake this guy and tell him to either elope with Lotte or get a grip and go on with his life. Of course there is this parallel of a guy loving someone who is married to someone else but as for the rest - please no. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 15, 2016 8:13 am  #5945

I´m glad to hear it. Didn´t read the book yet, but I wouldn´t like Sherlock pining to THAT extent...

March 15, 2016 8:19 am  #5946

It is a classic but I did not like it. Some pining is fine but I would really hate Sherlock to shoot himself and John be chained to Mary for the rest of his life. To be fair, Lotte's husband is much nicer than Mary but still. 

March 15, 2016 8:22 am  #5947

SusiGo wrote:

It is a classic but I did not like it. Some pining is fine but I would really hate Sherlock to shoot himself and John be chained to Mary for the rest of his life. To be fair, Lotte's husband is much nicer than Mary but still. 

It would be too melodramatic in our age anyway, IMHO...

March 15, 2016 8:25 am  #5948

Well, there are still people who kill themselves because of unrequited love but in Sherlock's case it would be very OOC. 

March 19, 2016 10:37 pm  #5949

nakahara wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

She left because someone used (amongst others) her material to make an "Are they gay?"-video about Sherlock and John, without giving her or anyone else credit. There was a long back and forth with her and the person who made the video (whom ultimately decided to withdraw it), and that was sort of the last drop for her, so she left.

Or so I understand it.

That was the main reason, but I have a feeling there was more to it than that. The blogger left after the offender yielded, apologised and had withdrawn the video... she complained about receiving nasty threats from fellow "fans"... so who knows, who knows....

The video was only the final trigger, she wrote in her blog why she left. It made me very sad.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 19, 2016 10:38 pm  #5950

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 20, 2016 10:22 am  #5951

The Drink Code is great. Aka: "I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear ..." 
Now the eyeball scene makes sense to me...

March 20, 2016 11:38 am  #5952

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 20, 2016 3:46 pm  #5953

Hehe, lovely list, mrshouse.

I can't remember this, though: "*=15pxOne person buying a trinket for the other from the shop they visited a few weeks prior" What scene was that? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 20, 2016 4:12 pm  #5954

Oh that would be the lucky cat thing from TBB, or so I thought anyway.
The shop owner tells them to buy a lucky cat for the wife, a bit later there appears one at 221b.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 20, 2016 4:14 pm  #5955

Vhanja wrote:

Hehe, lovely list, mrshouse.

I can't remember this, though: "*=15pxOne person buying a trinket for the other from the shop they visited a few weeks prior" What scene was that? 

This has got to refer to the fact that a "Happy Cat" showed up in 221b not long after they visited that shop in TBB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 20, 2016 4:24 pm  #5956

I hate when I miss things like that. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 20, 2016 5:25 pm  #5957

tonnaree wrote:

This has got to refer to the fact that a "Happy Cat" showed up in 221b not long after they visited that shop in TBB.

Addressing John: "I think your wife, she will like!" 

Last edited by Harriet (March 20, 2016 5:36 pm)

March 20, 2016 6:39 pm  #5958

How very subtle.

March 20, 2016 8:29 pm  #5959

When/where was the cat in 221b exactly?

March 20, 2016 8:30 pm  #5960

Was it on the mantelpiece? I think it can be seen in the Christmas party scene. Maybe someone could check.

Last edited by SusiGo (March 20, 2016 8:41 pm)

Board footera