BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2016 1:48 am  #5921

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

So apparently Loudest Subtext in Television (LSiT) has deleted themselves from the fandom?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10, 2016 8:08 am  #5922

I do not have the time to watch it now but it is true. She left tumblr some weeks ago and seemed pretty decided to to come back.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2016 2:14 pm  #5923

Why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 10, 2016 2:19 pm  #5924

I think it was quite complicated. Inner-fandom quarrels and arguments I really do not understand and do not want to go into. I am sure she did not leave because she gave up her convictions about the show. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2016 2:24 pm  #5925

She left because someone used (amongst others) her material to make an "Are they gay?"-video about Sherlock and John, without giving her or anyone else credit. There was a long back and forth with her and the person who made the video (whom ultimately decided to withdraw it), and that was sort of the last drop for her, so she left.

Or so I understand it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 10, 2016 2:35 pm  #5926

Vhanja wrote:

She left because someone used (amongst others) her material to make an "Are they gay?"-video about Sherlock and John, without giving her or anyone else credit. There was a long back and forth with her and the person who made the video (whom ultimately decided to withdraw it), and that was sort of the last drop for her, so she left.

Or so I understand it.

That was the main reason, but I have a feeling there was more to it than that. The blogger left after the offender yielded, apologised and had withdrawn the video... she complained about receiving nasty threats from fellow "fans"... so who knows, who knows....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 10, 2016 2:38 pm  #5927

I think there are really bad things going on between some "fans" and I really do not want to go deeper into it. You will find things if you google them but I would not link them in here. 

March 10, 2016 3:57 pm  #5928

I loved Lsit's metas. They were intelligent and thoughtful. I always had a lot to think about after reading her posts. And it was with a much needed grain of humour as well.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 10, 2016 4:15 pm  #5929

Yes. She will be very much missed.

March 10, 2016 4:45 pm  #5930

Always sad to see things like this happen in the fandom.  And another reason why I am so grateful for this place.  We may get on each other's nerves sometimes but it rarely comes to real nastiness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2016 4:53 pm  #5931

Yes, this makes me very happy. 

March 10, 2016 6:48 pm  #5932

I agree. The most heated debates I've seen and participated in on this forum is what would be considered normal and everyday stuff on most other forums I frequent. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 10, 2016 6:49 pm  #5933

Very glad to hear that. 

March 10, 2016 7:04 pm  #5934

Oh, the things I've seen on other forums or in the comments sections of certain news sites. 
Horrifying!
Makes me run back here and curl up in a shock blanket with WatsonBear.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 10, 2016 8:17 pm  #5935

I so agree with this.  I must be the most naïve person in the world, but when I saw all that Sophie hatred stuff out there when she and Ben become engaged, I was beyond shocked that so-called fans would act like that and write things like that. I was downright disgusted and I want nothing to do with that kind of abominable, slanderous nastiness.

As for Forums: good, robust discussion, fine; but in-fighting within a group that comes together over a shared interest leaves me shaking my head. And we wonder why there's no world peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 11, 2016 9:59 am  #5936

Those "fans" lost their connection to reality.  
A good well-grounded discussion is interesting, but it should always stay within limits.
And I don't waste any word about these Sophie haters. That's kindergarten.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 14, 2016 5:03 pm  #5937

I'm considering having "John Watson is Bisexual" tattooed on my arse and running naked through the forums.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 14, 2016 5:23 pm  #5938

Why wouldn't I be surprised if you pulled that through? 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 14, 2016 5:27 pm  #5939

We are holding our breaths, tonnaree. 

March 14, 2016 5:35 pm  #5940

*secretly wishing I knew something about photoshop*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera