BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2016 12:45 pm  #5801

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 4, 2016 1:18 pm  #5802

I just almost choked on my coffee!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 4, 2016 1:31 pm  #5803

That's funny.

Those cakes were delicious! I'm gonna bake some brownies later...

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

February 4, 2016 11:36 pm  #5804

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 6, 2016 7:39 pm  #5805

With regards to that scene in ASiB when Irene texts Sherlock he knows she's gonna text him... but he stays there waiting for it his phone to go off... And then we get the go pro shot showing his 'blue screen of death' face... see we're meant to think it's for Irene but... John's just shouted. "If anyone is listening and anyone still cares I'm not gay..." he never says that thinking that Sherlock is listening... I think John broke a little tiny piece of Sherlock's heart then... He knows John is convinced he doesn't have feelings and that's what breaks his heart... also he say at then end of the episode about what John thinks Sherlock thinks about love... John's essentially just said he doesn't love Sherlock but John's so busy arguing with Irene and he thinks Sherlock does love her he doesn't even notice!

Did I make sense? I need to write that up better it's been stuck inside my head for weeks.

---------------

February 6, 2016 7:46 pm  #5806

Fine, go on and break my heart. 
I fully agree with you about these scenes. Sherlock hearing John saying that over and over again, at 221B, at Angelo's, in Battersea, plus the "colleague" scene in TBB, must be crushing. I am absolutely sure that this explains Sherlock's reaction and not the fact that Irene is alive. Look at his face when he is walking back to the flat. He looks completely distraught. 

Because John basically says this: Well, Sherlock may be gay but I am not and we are not a couple and I do not want to be in a relationship with him. 

What do you think about the fact that Sherlock must have overheard Irene's "Look at us both"? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2016 7:58 pm  #5807

You deserve a little heartbreak Susi... you've been doling it out for days!

I'm not sure what you mean about that line, could you clarify? I'm feeling a bit slow today.

Though what I said does put an intruguing spin on a greenhouse conversation in TAB as well... which I'll have to ponder.

Last edited by Little Weed (February 6, 2016 8:01 pm)

---------------

February 6, 2016 8:05 pm  #5808

So sorry. I have no idea what is wrong with me but all the sad things are jumping at me constantly. 

Well, we have always said that Irene's "Look at us both" means that she and John both are usually attracted to women and yet are both attracted to Sherlock. Sherlock knows she is clever and a good expert on human nature. So if he overheard that line, he might have assumed that she was right and John was attracted to him. But his reaction make me believe that he was either too distracted by John's "not gay" and "not a couple" or did not believe Irene was right. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2016 8:08 pm  #5809

Why would he beleive it? He has an astonishingly low opinion of himself for someone who's apparently so self assured.

---------------

February 6, 2016 8:10 pm  #5810

True. I think you are right. And John denying it twice in such a short time must be quite devastating. 

February 6, 2016 8:21 pm  #5811

Hold that thought!!!! I just had a thought about being slow... The Tortoise and the Hare... it's not Johnlock related but don't let me forget it!

---------------

February 6, 2016 8:45 pm  #5812

*gets another box of Kleenex out* This thread is beautifully depressing. 

Oh Sherlock. It truly must have broken his heart (that I do believe he has) to hear those words. Oh my heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2016 9:31 pm  #5813

Ok I've shelved that thought and I'm back with the programme.

---------------

February 7, 2016 9:09 pm  #5814

I am evil and don't even believe this, but what if Sherlock thought Irene was playing him and with "Look at us both", he thought Irene thought John was playing him.

February 7, 2016 9:16 pm  #5815

Could you please explain this? I am not sure I understand what you mean. 

February 7, 2016 9:34 pm  #5816

Sherlock might have thought that Irene was faking her extra interest to win a game with him. So maybe Sherlock, if he has very low self-esteem, might have thought the similarity was that John looked liked he was very interested but as Irene he wasn't really.

February 7, 2016 9:43 pm  #5817

Ah, I see. But how would you explain his reaction, walking back to the flat, looking so subdued, maybe even upset? Did he feel betrayed by both of them instead of believing that both were attracted to him? 

February 8, 2016 8:44 am  #5818

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 8, 2016 8:53 am  #5819

Good morning to you, too, ukaunz ... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 8, 2016 8:57 am  #5820

Oh, sorry, it's 8pm here and I've had a long day. Sorry if I ruined your morning with the angst!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera