BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2016 11:47 pm  #5781

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

I've always wondered about the phrase 'the elephant in the room', what does it mean exactly. 
I have always thought it applied to some big subject that everyone avoided talking about... 
But is that the actual explanation? I haven't investigated it; oh the shame! 

But if that's right... could all the elephants be a hint to that... and could the 'elephant' in the room that no one is addressing be Johnlock? 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 2, 2016 11:48 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 3, 2016 1:00 am  #5782

What the elephant represents is something that is very important and obvious but that everyone is ignoring.  Think about it, imagine there's an elephant in your living room but everyone is walking and talking around it like it's not there.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 3, 2016 8:42 am  #5783

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 3, 2016 8:51 pm  #5784

There's the most heartbreaking two years post fall AU (no Mary) roleplay happening on tumblr right now... though I was really mean to the Sherlock in it and now he's OD'd and I feel bad...

Check it out.

It's across lots of accounts.

detectivewssholmes
sergeantlestrade
doctorjohnhwatson

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

February 3, 2016 9:46 pm  #5785

So one of these blogs is yours? Amazing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 3, 2016 9:54 pm  #5786

No, I've been messaging the players though... as an extra! (Every roleplay needs the odd extra.,.)

---------------

February 4, 2016 12:07 am  #5787

Still finding new things to think about.

Why was Sherlock so angry at John for abandoning his post?

http://welovethebeekeeper.tumblr.com/post/138617864533/john-abandoned-his-post-he-abandoned-his-post

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 4, 2016 12:25 am  #5788

That makes a lot of sense to me tonaree.

---------------

February 4, 2016 12:43 am  #5789

To me too. *blows her nose and sobs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2016 6:19 am  #5790

I think we need cheering up. Galaxy cupcakes, anyone?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 4, 2016 8:15 am  #5791

I could use one! 

I've just brewed some of my 'London Tea', anyone wants a cuppa? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2016 8:37 am  #5792

*Holding out her cup* Thank you, dear. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 4, 2016 8:45 am  #5793

ukaunz wrote:

I think we need cheering up. Galaxy cupcakes, anyone?

Are these made by you, ukaunz? They look absoletely delicious!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 4, 2016 8:59 am  #5794

Yes, I made them this afternoon and the kids helped decorate them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 4, 2016 9:06 am  #5795

Oooh, bon appetit then, they are lovely!

February 4, 2016 9:37 am  #5796

They look beautiful! And very yummy! I'm looking for ideas to decorate my Birthday cake in a couple of weeks... that's certainly an idea! (unless I go for pink and white, which is how people know me)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 4, 2016 11:26 am  #5797

They look stellar! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 4, 2016 11:35 am  #5798

It seems you have not deleted the Solar System. 

February 4, 2016 12:00 pm  #5799

They taste good too!

I didn't mean to hijack the thread with the cupcakes, sorry

And now for something more on topic. Well, it's crack, but never mind.

John: What's going on?
Sherlock: The stage is set. The curtain rises. My cheekbones are on point, my buttcheeks are clenched, we're ready to begin. We all have a past, actually now that i think about it, that is the quintessential dilemma of humanity. we all have ghosts, memories that haunt us. We have done things we can't let go, we have loved and lost, done weird buttstuff in dark alleys, lost our childhood pets; those are the shadows that define now every sunny day. Every great cause has martyrs, every war has suicide missions. And make no mistake, this is war, we're at war with ourselves and the authorities and the weird screaming woman over there. your moustache is at war with the illustrator, I'm at war with my love for you. Nobody made me. I made me. Oh Watson.
Inception siren: DOOT DOOT
John:
John:
John: Nevermind just... wear the fucking hat.
http://isignedupforbenedict.tumblr.com/post/138661768620/john-whats-going-on-sherlock-the-stage-is-set

February 4, 2016 12:09 pm  #5800

LMAO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera