BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2016 3:02 pm  #5721

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Oh, thanks for the reference, will look that up.
Sparkling it is, cheers, johnlocky fellows!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 29, 2016 3:03 pm  #5722

Apparently today marks 6 years since John and Sherlock met. Happy anniversary boys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 29, 2016 3:10 pm  #5723

Happy anniversary, you two. I wish you a happy and fulfilled future.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 29, 2016 3:18 pm  #5724

Happy birthday, boys -it does call for sparkling, doesn't it?
Cookies are in the oven ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 29, 2016 3:43 pm  #5725

Here we go -there's more to come, don't worry.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 29, 2016 4:01 pm  #5726

Rewatching TAB for romantic tropes is making me find all sorts of different things as well.
I don't know if somebody already read this theory of mine that circulated in fandom this summer, but I had theIOU = IT IS JOHN in Pitman Shorthand.
At one point a mention of Pitman Shorthand popped up in the newspapers in TAB, months after I made that theory, which I actually thought was not very probable. I thought I was hallucinating.
This would make of John either the "problem" because Moriarty is jealous or the "problem" because Sherlock loves him too much and will make him loose. What if the whole plot of the BBC Sherlock was that even the plot of the villain is about Johnlock.

January 29, 2016 4:18 pm  #5727

Don't you just love it when a theory comes together Ho Yay? Keep up the good work...

And yeah I do think that there's a big link between whatever villain arc we have going (I'm a big fan of M-theory) and Johnlock.

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 29, 2016 4:31 pm  #5728

*raises a glass*

Happy Anniversary to the most adorable Murder Husbands ever!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 29, 2016 4:38 pm  #5729

Will drink to Sherlock & John anniversary.  Cheers!
Th he radio times article is very Johnlock ! I love it. Are they sailing with BBC three now . 

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 29, 2016 8:25 pm  #5730

They have boarded the ship, I suppose. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2016 9:20 pm  #5731

Here is a nice meta about the meaning of champagne not being drunken:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/138298751171/in-terms-of-the-drinking-metaphor-in-sherlock-red

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2016 9:27 pm  #5732

Excellent meta.
What can we make of the fact that Sherlock drops his glass of champagne during his toas to the bride and groom?
Or that after he's been given another one, he doesn't drink from it? Nor does John, for that matter?

January 30, 2016 10:18 pm  #5733

Well, I do have some ideas about that. 

January 30, 2016 11:02 pm  #5734

Oh, would you share them?

January 30, 2016 11:17 pm  #5735

Well, on the surface he drops the glass because of the name deduction. But in subtext he refuses to drink to the health of the couple since he is heartbroken and tries to keep a stiff upper lip and give them the best wedding ever because John deserves it and Sherlock has made him suffer for two long years and if John wants to be with Mary Sherlock will not stand in their way but it drinking champagne is just too much. And now I am going to cry. 

January 30, 2016 11:32 pm  #5736

Cup of tea, dear?

I've the same reading of the subtext. So I'll be joining you in crying, if you don't mind.

January 31, 2016 6:53 am  #5737

I like starting the day with sad Johnlock thoughts. *sob*

And here, I brewed fresh tea for everybody.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 31, 2016 8:20 am  #5738

* cries *

Oh dear. That makes sense to me!

I've got scones for the tea if anyone is interested...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 31, 2016 10:17 am  #5739

Yeah I'm having massive Johnlock sads now!

---------------
It's not really a ship, it's more like a life raft.

January 31, 2016 6:43 pm  #5740

Here is something different after all those tears - some thoughts about TEH. I thought about posting them in the debate but I think they fit better in here. 

http://trained-cormorant.tumblr.com/post/138422223288/weaving-sherlock-into-johns-romantic-arc-in-teh

Board footera