BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2015 8:07 am  #5261

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

It doesn't even appear to be exactly the same image. Here's what mine looks like (screen cap from the app menu)
http://s23.postimg.org/lz0xcs3nf/image.png
Compared to this
http://the-secret-life-in-221b.tumblr.com/post/134672152598/waitingforgarridebs-imma-scream-so-i-was

The snowflakes are in completely different positions, and different shapes.

Last edited by ukaunz (December 8, 2015 8:10 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 8, 2015 8:11 am  #5262

This is weird. I have definitely got the second one, minus the pink helpers. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2015 8:21 am  #5263

It's a conspiracy! TPTB have obviously changed the picture when they realised people were noticing the hearts!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 8, 2015 8:22 am  #5264

Wow! Unbelievable. I bought mine yesterday so they must have been very quick. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2015 9:26 am  #5265

On the tumblr post above it says "So I was watching my new wallpaper in awe, snowing in front of 221B". Does that mean it's an animated wallpaper? Do the newer iPads and iPhones do moving wallpaper? My iPad is a few years old, I don't think it does moving wallpaper. Maybe that's why I have a different image?

December 9, 2015 2:39 pm  #5266

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 9, 2015 3:09 pm  #5267

This is so, so true. 

And since we Johnlockers have a new friend - German Madame magazine - here is another gem for you:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/134846648311/the-german-madame-sherlock-quiz

December 9, 2015 6:26 pm  #5268

Damn.... Only 18/20..
Who the hell knows about Jim's suits???
Still a fan girl 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 9, 2015 7:03 pm  #5269

Come on, dear, the pool scene. "Westwood."

As a mod I hereby officially declare you a loyal and long-standing fangirl. And congrats, 3000 posts! 

December 9, 2015 7:36 pm  #5270

SusiGo wrote:

This is so, so true. 

And since we Johnlockers have a new friend - German Madame magazine - here is another gem for you:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/134846648311/the-german-madame-sherlock-quiz

I managed to figure out 14 out of 20 and I don't speak German.       Sometimes I scare myself.

Side Note:  I passed 7000 posts and I missed it.  :-(

Last edited by tonnaree (December 9, 2015 7:37 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 9, 2015 7:44 pm  #5271

1. Bravo, tonnaree! Amazing result. 

2. Congrats!

3. I really like your note but hope you will not run amok on me. 

Cheers, 
Susi 

December 9, 2015 8:58 pm  #5272

20 VON 20 RICHTIG BEANTWORTET. SIE HABEN 40 PUNKTE ERREICHT.
Phew! 20/20 That was hard work (using google translate, although some of them I could guess at) but fun!

Congratulations to mrshouse and tonnaree for your milestones

December 9, 2015 9:06 pm  #5273

20/20 for a non-native speaker is brilliant. Congrats, ukaunz. I achieved the same result but I had a definite advantage. 

December 9, 2015 9:24 pm  #5274

Thanks I did a bit of German in primary school, but only remember about 20 words!

December 10, 2015 10:31 am  #5275

20/20

As ukaunz, I studied German at school, but don't remember a lot of words -the only really difficult (without looking through a dictionary, that is) was question 9. Can I be proud of myself?
(and to be honest, the fact that it was in German was so much more of a challenge than the actual questions )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 10, 2015 11:04 am  #5276

I am very proud of you all. 

December 10, 2015 12:09 pm  #5277

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 10, 2015 1:42 pm  #5278

I told my husband that I got 14 out of 20 on a Sherlock quiz in German and his response was "I just don't know what to do with that information."   LOL

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 10, 2015 1:45 pm  #5279

I think you have a to be a crazy long-term Johnlocked Sherlockian to really appreciate this achievement. 

December 10, 2015 1:48 pm  #5280

And I didn't even use Google translate.   

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera