BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2015 7:01 pm  #5121

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

I was thinking of, you know, the month during which he doesn't see John because of his sex holiday...doesn't mean there can't be a happy ending though, does it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 25, 2015 9:08 am  #5122

Yes thank you, that makes it slightly better! 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

October 25, 2015 11:25 am  #5123

Oh sorry, I got a bit overexcite about the Spesh and forgot! I shall delete/move them 

Last edited by ukaunz (October 25, 2015 11:27 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 26, 2015 8:11 am  #5124

A nice Monday morning quote - yes, it is not always Irene and Karachi with Benedict:

"It says everything about their relationship. It says what the bond is and the care is, and it’s everything that they don’t say to each other but he’s allowed to say, thinking that he’s not there. That’s where – as a romance – it’s an incredibly British affair. There’s an awful lot of beautifully understated subtlety and nuance to it."
—     Benedict on John and Irene’s Battersea conversation in A Scandal in Belgravia 

P.S. Tonnaree, did you see - the B is not only silent, but non-existent. 

P.P.S. How can anyone deny that this is about a romance between two men? The "thinking that he's not there" is perfectly complements Molly's "you look sad when you think he can't see you."

Last edited by SusiGo (October 26, 2015 8:26 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 26, 2015 8:24 am  #5125

This is beyond lovely and heartwarming. 
Thank you, Susi, this made me feel a lot better.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 26, 2015 10:03 am  #5126

Superb quote!
Thank you for sharing it, Susi!

I couldn't agree more, "thinking that he's not here" makes it clear it's a romance between two men. He even says it is ("as a romance"...of course he implies "if you consider it as", but all the same.)

"There’s an awful lot of beautifully understated subtlety and nuance to it."
Dear Ben, the jonhlocked side of the fandom had noticed, don't you worry about that. Why do you think there are some many fan creations exploring it?

Last edited by Lilythiell (October 26, 2015 10:04 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 26, 2015 10:46 am  #5127

Cheers! to the British Understatement! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 26, 2015 12:32 pm  #5128

Oh Ben, you have made my johnlock heart leap with joy. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 26, 2015 12:45 pm  #5129

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 26, 2015 1:38 pm  #5130

So sad. 

Here is something completely different I would like to share because IMO it illustrates quite well the different ways of dealing with the show - looking AT the show and reading it. By the always wonderful Ivyblossom:

http://ivyblossom.tumblr.com/post/131949654375/not-her-face-ivyblossom-but-john-and-mary

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 27, 2015 5:30 am  #5131

SusiGo wrote:

So sad. 

Here is something completely different I would like to share because IMO it illustrates quite well the different ways of dealing with the show - looking AT the show and reading it. By the always wonderful Ivyblossom:

http://ivyblossom.tumblr.com/post/131949654375/not-her-face-ivyblossom-but-john-and-mary

Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 28, 2015 2:57 pm  #5132

I just discovered this old but amazing quote by Mark. Wonder what he could mean … 

This wasn’t a case of, ‘Let’s grab that off the shelf and update it.’ It was, ‘We love this, we think everybody’s been getting wrong, and we think we can get it right.’ Unless you think you’re correcting everyone else, you shouldn’t be doing something. You should be saying, ‘Now this is the way it should be done.’

source: http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2010/10/23/a-chat-with-steven-moffat-and-mark-gatiss-sherlock/

Can anyone please tell me what "they" have always been getting wrong, what would have to be corrected? 

October 28, 2015 3:34 pm  #5133

SusiGo wrote:

I just discovered this old but amazing quote by Mark. Wonder what he could mean … 

This wasn’t a case of, ‘Let’s grab that off the shelf and update it.’ It was, ‘We love this, we think everybody’s been getting wrong, and we think we can get it right.’ Unless you think you’re correcting everyone else, you shouldn’t be doing something. You should be saying, ‘Now this is the way it should be done.’

source: http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2010/10/23/a-chat-with-steven-moffat-and-mark-gatiss-sherlock/

Can anyone please tell me what "they" have always been getting wrong, what would have to be corrected? 

Yes, indeed... what was it?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 28, 2015 3:36 pm  #5134

October 28, 2015 3:41 pm  #5135

October 28, 2015 4:57 pm  #5136

SusiGo wrote:

Mark loves us and wants us to be happy.  We just have to be patient first. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 29, 2015 5:24 am  #5137

You DO like to make us sad, don't you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 29, 2015 12:09 pm  #5138

This is almost a tiring post with all those impressive examples:

http://sherlock-addict.tumblr.com/post/132069265622/ladymacphisto-darlingbenny-how-literally

October 29, 2015 12:19 pm  #5139

Never in all my life I will understand how one cannot see what is there. 

October 29, 2015 12:35 pm  #5140

"Seeing is believing" is not valid in this case, that´s true.

Board footera