BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2015 5:20 pm  #4001

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Confetti! Bubbly! Tonnaree running around textile-free singing "Love is all around"! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 4, 2015 5:33 pm  #4002

SusiGo wrote:

Confetti! Bubbly! Tonnaree running around textile-free singing "Love is all around"! 

Dressed only in sliver glitter and black eyeliner. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 4, 2015 5:34 pm  #4003

Here it's page 267? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 4, 2015 5:36 pm  #4004

201 for me. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 4, 2015 5:38 pm  #4005

Tonnaree, I never wanted Skype that badly...
*coughcough*
*singing in the style of Elvis Costello *
They may be the faces we can't forget
the face of pleasure or regret
Maybe our treasure or the price we have to pay.
They may be the song that summer sings
maybe the chill that autumn brings
maybe a hundred different things
within the measure of our days....
*bowing*

Last edited by mrshouse (March 4, 2015 5:38 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 4, 2015 5:42 pm  #4006

Oh, I have 20 posts per page, maybe we differ here 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 4, 2015 5:43 pm  #4007

Depends on the computer. My laptop also has a different page count. 

March 4, 2015 5:46 pm  #4008

It depends on your viewing settings, too 

March 4, 2015 6:33 pm  #4009

mrshouse wrote:

Tonnaree, I never wanted Skype that badly...

No mrshouse, be grateful you don't have it. 
My pale middle-aged arse might scar you for life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 4, 2015 7:51 pm  #4010

SusiGo wrote:

This is a thread for everyone who likes Johnlock and would love to see it in the show, for discussion and interpretation in a nice and respectful atmosphere. This is not a thread for discussing if there is Johnlock. For this please visit The Official Debate. 

I just found this very detailed and interesting overview. Enjoy! 

http://vlyn.hubpages.com/hub/The-Johnlock-Conspiracy

In case anyone is interested in sonnet 57 by William Shakespeare:

SONNET 57

Being your slave, what should I do but tend 
Upon the hours and times of your desire? 
I have no precious time at all to spend, 
Nor services to do, till you require. 
Nor dare I chide the world-without-end hour
Whilst I, my sovereign, watch the clock for you,
Nor think the bitterness of absence sour 
When you have bid your servant once adieu; 
Nor dare I question with my jealous thought 
Where you may be, or your affairs suppose, 
But, like a sad slave, stay and think of nought
Save, where you are how happy you make those.
   So true a fool is love that in your will,
   Though you do any thing, he thinks no ill. 

Thanks for the link, Susi! This is all extremely interesting! I agree with all these points, especially the ones supported by music. And Shakespeare...well, I hadn't seen that one, but it is  quite a nice hint ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 4, 2015 8:21 pm  #4011

tonnaree wrote:

This does not fall under the heading of serious analyses but I am laughing my ass off.

http://deducingbbcsherlock.tumblr.com/post/81835620987/gay-i-mean-hey

I, too, am laughing my ass off. Hehe, thank you for sharing!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 5, 2015 9:29 pm  #4012

March 5, 2015 9:40 pm  #4013

In a different thread, I quoted the ComicCon panel where Moffat says that (and Gatiss replies "Maybe he already has"), and replied with the EXACT two scenes mentioned there! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 5, 2015 9:45 pm  #4014

hehe I suppose this would be considered Hint #1 of Sherlock loving John now, wouldn't it?
But, just for sake of argument...Assuming Sherlock equates, albeit unconsciouly, romance with poisoning, wouldn't this display of (un)wanted attention (he does drug John without his knowing) be considered as...well, forcing himself on John?
Please do correct me, my mind is in a terribly fighting mood, and I absolutely don't like thinking of Sherlock as that kind of person.

March 5, 2015 9:47 pm  #4015

I do not think so. Especially since John is very ready to forgive Sherlock, at least in HoB, because he understands the reason for the experiment. 

But I think what Vhanja and I find so conspicuous is the near equation of girlfriend and John. I take it indeed as a sign of Johnlock. 

March 5, 2015 9:55 pm  #4016

Yes. Thank you! Told you my mind was being silly -I'd already seen that particular piece of evidence and considered it as a sign of Johnlock, but never before did my mind go straight to that abusive perspective. *hides in shame*
I wonder how else can one interpret it differently than Johnlock, though?

March 5, 2015 9:58 pm  #4017

It would be so much easier for me to accept that Johnlock would never happen if they just stopped.doing.this! Moftiss speak with two different tongues, I swear!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 5, 2015 10:00 pm  #4018

Lily: No idea. It is a bit like this Benedict quote on Dr Who and Sherlock:

"He talks fast and is clever," Cumberbatch said of the Doctor (...). "That is literally the only bracket they share. They've got different dress senses, different taste in the sex of their partners..."

Vhanja: Why should they? They are having fun and keeping us occupied during hiatus. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 5, 2015 10:01 pm)

March 5, 2015 10:05 pm  #4019

When did he say this? Just curious if Mofftiss will be able to tame him into telling (lies) different truths to keep the audience busy wondering and writing theories.

March 5, 2015 10:08 pm  #4020

Early December 2014. This is not the original source but it has been widely discussed:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/12/10/did-benedict-cumberbatch-just-out-sherlock-as-gay/

Board footera