BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2015 10:45 am  #3381

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Provided Mary was really an innocent bystander and in some way involved. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2015 12:55 pm  #3382

tykobrian wrote:

tykobrian wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Powerful. Much more so than it was with the obtrusive music. You can clearly hear Sherlock intensely panting, cursing, hurrying.

Interesting to see Mary's presence, but always standing back from the action, and often with her face in a blur. This is a powerful johnlock scene. I honestly sat here waiting for Sherlock to say, "Babe, are you all right?  Talk to me, damn it!" and to gather John up in his arms. Phew! *wipes sweat off brow* Hotness, in more ways than one.

What I noticeed is how Sherlock rushes into the fire without a second thought and drags John out while Mary basically doesn't do anything and stands far back! Instead she only yells at (John! Get up John!) John to get up and get out of the fire! What I could gather from all this is like many times before (and after), moffits are showing us how our protagonists' so called platonic best friend cares or is devoted to him more than their love interests or in this case, future life partner.

Something kind of similar happened back in TGG when Sarah refused to make John breakfast in favor of having a shower while Sherlock let John have a chance to take a bite at the first opportunity they could catch a break from Moriarty's mad game.

Just finished watching HLV. Ok so after watching Sherlock rescue John from the fire CAM concludes that Sherlock cares about John very much. I wonder what he thought of Mary lurking in the sidelines and asking John to get out of the fire himself. 

Wow, is that seriously what she says? "Get up/Get out John" ...I'd heard that line and never actually understood what she said, I just thought she was saying 'John' in a really weird way. Is it on the subtitles? Because, that's kind of ridiculous. I mean, if he COULD get up and get out of the fire by himself, then I'm sure he would. He's not just going to casually lie there in a bonfire getting all warm and toasty, is he now? Seriously, that's a pretty bad reflection on Mary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 2, 2015 1:05 pm  #3383

Unless it indicates she was working with CAM?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2015 1:12 pm  #3384

besley, what is this? Since when are you supporting Johnlock?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 2, 2015 1:24 pm  #3385

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

tykobrian wrote:

tykobrian wrote:

What I noticeed is how Sherlock rushes into the fire without a second thought and drags John out while Mary basically doesn't do anything and stands far back! Instead she only yells at (John! Get up John!) John to get up and get out of the fire! What I could gather from all this is like many times before (and after), moffits are showing us how our protagonists' so called platonic best friend cares or is devoted to him more than their love interests or in this case, future life partner.

Something kind of similar happened back in TGG when Sarah refused to make John breakfast in favor of having a shower while Sherlock let John have a chance to take a bite at the first opportunity they could catch a break from Moriarty's mad game.

Just finished watching HLV. Ok so after watching Sherlock rescue John from the fire CAM concludes that Sherlock cares about John very much. I wonder what he thought of Mary lurking in the sidelines and asking John to get out of the fire himself. 

Wow, is that seriously what she says? "Get up/Get out John" ...I'd heard that line and never actually understood what she said, I just thought she was saying 'John' in a really weird way. Is it on the subtitles? Because, that's kind of ridiculous. I mean, if he COULD get up and get out of the fire by himself, then I'm sure he would. He's not just going to casually lie there in a bonfire getting all warm and toasty, is he now? Seriously, that's a pretty bad reflection on Mary.

She says it according to ArianedeVere who is usually very reliable. And we have a thread for scenes without background music where you can probably hear it better. Not sure if this scene has been linked yet but you can find it on tumblr as well. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2015 6:42 pm  #3386

Harriet wrote:

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 2, 2015 6:47 pm  #3387

Thank you, Boss, I will mark this day in my calendar. 

January 2, 2015 7:18 pm  #3388

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Harriet wrote:

I am quoting this just because.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 2, 2015 10:28 pm  #3389

Susi, I did post the link to the bonfire scene without background music here in this thread two days ago, that's why we started to talk about Mary and her "John, get out...".

Apart from that, I'll just write this down again because it feels so good:

Oh god yes.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 2, 2015 10:30 pm  #3390

Sorry, I sometimes lose track of what has been posted when and where. 

What did you say? That eventually everybody will support Johnlock? 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 2, 2015 10:31 pm)

January 2, 2015 10:35 pm  #3391

It's all fine, Susi.

And yes, well... I did indeed say this, but the boss said "Eventually everybody will support Johnlock" first. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 2, 2015 10:48 pm  #3392

Guys!  Guys!
Guess what I heard!
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 2, 2015 10:53 pm  #3393

tonnaree wrote:

Guys!  Guys!
Guess what I heard!

It's Christmas! 

You know what is going to happen in 2015? Eventually everyone will support Johnlock. 

January 2, 2015 11:18 pm  #3394

Oh pleeeaaase...! Don't believe everything you're hearing!
The only thing you gotta believe is that eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

January 2, 2015 11:48 pm  #3395

And now good night (thank you for providing the colour code, Harriet):

Last edited by SusiGo (January 2, 2015 11:50 pm)

January 2, 2015 11:52 pm  #3396

I'm so far away that I'm only now can let you know what I just heard!

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

January 2, 2015 11:54 pm  #3397

*snigger*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 3, 2015 12:10 am  #3398

We need to make t-shrits.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 3, 2015 3:44 am  #3399

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I believe I'll have that embroidered on a pillow. Yes.

January 3, 2015 3:46 am  #3400

tonnaree wrote:

Guys!  Guys!
Guess what I heard!

*takes a deep breath*  ALL TOGETHER NOW!!   EVENTUALLY EVERYONE WILL SUPPORT JOHNLOCK!

Board footera