BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2014 8:48 am  #3341

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 30, 2014 8:51 am  #3342

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 30, 2014 8:53 am  #3343

This is definitely how the scene would have gone if Tessa....damn it!! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 30, 2014 9:29 am  #3344

SusiGo wrote:

This is no jealousy, this is just … well … what did I want to say … he is happy for John … yes, happy that his ex-best friend came to the wedding …

Yes, this is the scene I pointed out as an example of clear jealousy.   (When we were discussing how Martin could have shown it in the Janine scene). 

December 30, 2014 10:51 am  #3345

Liberty wrote:

Yes, this is the scene I pointed out as an example of clear jealousy.   (When we were discussing how Martin could have shown it in the Janine scene). 

This scene is written and acted as pure jealousy. The Janine scene can be debated, but the Irene/Sherlock scene seems quite upfront to be about jealousy as well ("... just if you're looking for baby names.")

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 30, 2014 10:54 am  #3346

Vhanja wrote:

Liberty wrote:

This scene is written and acted as pure jealousy. The Janine scene can be debated, but the Irene/Sherlock scene seems quite upfront to be about jealousy as well ("... just if you're looking for baby names.")

Yes, thank you, Vhanja...

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 30, 2014 2:21 pm  #3347

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2014 3:48 pm  #3348

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 30, 2014 3:50 pm  #3349

Yes, crystal clear....
This homonormative society of ours with those tons of role models for gay pairings is soooooo boring...

Last edited by mrshouse (December 30, 2014 3:51 pm)

December 30, 2014 4:19 pm  #3350

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2014 4:22 pm  #3351

I like this scientific approach. 

December 30, 2014 4:58 pm  #3352

(I think this has been posted elsewhere but it illustrates quite well Benedict's strange behaviour regarding Sherlock and sex and therefore belongs in here).

Want to see a man known for his intelligence and education struggling with describing the sexuality of his character because he apparently is not allowed to tell the truth?

http://richardbrook.co.vu/post/106618720056/constancecream-the-wit-and-wisdom-of-benedict

I mean, really, this is Benedict who can deliver thoughtful 100-word-sentences about any given subject but as soon as Sherlock's sexuality is concerned he contradicts himself within the same paragraph and stumbles on the difference between asexuality and celibacy. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 30, 2014 4:59 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2014 5:10 pm  #3353

Yes, very weird.
Vhanja posted this earlier today on Johnlock thread and I found it quite puzzling how the usually eloquent Benedict put the foot in his mouth on this subject.

December 30, 2014 5:21 pm  #3354

And not for the first time. And he even discusses wolves and dragons in more depth than Sherlock where he delivers the usual sociopath/asexual/non-asexual rubbish although his acting shows how well he knows his character. Very strange indeed. 

December 30, 2014 7:49 pm  #3355

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 30, 2014 7:57 pm  #3356

December 30, 2014 7:59 pm  #3357

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 30, 2014 8:07 pm  #3358

December 30, 2014 8:17 pm  #3359

But the team says ...

Brilliant, lazarus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 30, 2014 11:15 pm  #3360

When I first read this, I thought - yes, THIS is honest to God what I want to ask Moftiss about!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera