BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2014 7:23 pm  #3281

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

What happens and how would the Sherlock episodes look if they give up Johnlock/gay jokes?
Here is an answer:

http://miadifferent.tumblr.com/post/105796755113/what-happens-when-the-writers-stop-joking-about

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2014 7:25 pm  #3282

nakahara wrote:

What happens and how would the Sherlock episodes look if they give up Johnlock/gay jokes?
Here is an answer:

http://miadifferent.tumblr.com/post/105796755113/what-happens-when-the-writers-stop-joking-about

Haha, I saw that one earlier. Let's hope it continues like that!

Also, I found this on Tumblr, what I wouldn't give to have this as part of the new script:

John:Are you serious? Did you actually believe I would forgive you?
Mary:But you did, you said-
John:*shaking his head, familiar smile coming to his lips* Did I ever actually say the words 'I forgive you'.
Mary:No.
John:No.
Mary:I thought-
John:Well, you thought wrong! You shot my best friend. Did you actually think I would let that slide?
Mary:
John:No, Mary. That speech was just a ruse. To throw you off.
Mary:I don't understand.
John:Sherlock needed more time. We didn't want you to suspect anything.
Mary:Suspect what? Whats going on?
John:*hands her an envelope* I believe everything's in order. All you need to do is sign.
Mary:What is this?
John:Divorce papers, obviously.
Mary:This is what you want?
John:I've been wanting this ever since I found out the psychopath that shot my best friend in cold blood turned out to be my wife.
Mary:Then why wait?
John:I had to make sure you'd still let me see my daughter.
Mary:Why would I do that?
John:Because I have sufficient evidence that could send you to jail unless you grant me my rights as the father.
Mary:
Mary:You planned this.
John:Of course I did.
Mary:And Sherlock helped.
John:Of course he did. He wanted to divorce you of all parental rights but I convinced him otherwise.
Mary:Since when did he have a say in this?
John:Since the day he became my significant other. Soon to be husband. *eyes the envelope* As soon as thats taken care of.

#sherlock#bbc sherlock#johnlock#john x sherlock#sh#jw#john watson#mary watson#soon to be#mary morstan 

Last edited by Vhanja (December 23, 2014 7:28 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 8:01 pm  #3283

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 23, 2014 8:15 pm  #3284

tonnaree wrote:

Just have to say AG, I love your new sig!!  If you're lucky Sherlock will give you belly rubs. 

I want scratching behind the ears, too. And to lick his face. OK, I'll stop now.

December 23, 2014 8:16 pm  #3285

BHavers wrote:

Wonderful overview, thanks a lot SusiGo !!
There is a bit of true love in any true friendship, I suppose.
Sherlock (BC) has wonderful eyes and a brilliant mind, but I find John more manly and more sexy.

And together?  Incendiary. Yowsa!

December 23, 2014 8:18 pm  #3286

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Just have to say AG, I love your new sig!!  If you're lucky Sherlock will give you belly rubs. 

I want scratching behind the ears, too. And to lick his face. OK, I'll stop now. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 23, 2014 8:22 pm  #3287

nakahara wrote:

Here is an answer:

Very good. Well done. Well said. I agree.

And say what we will about S3, I liked its "brand" of johnlock a whole lot better than the jokes of S1 and 2, even though some of the scenes made me so frustrated, I wanted to sling a shoe at my TV, and I would have, except I like my TV and didn't want to crack its glass face. *rolls eyes*

December 23, 2014 8:25 pm  #3288

Vhanja wrote:

Also, I found this on Tumblr, what I wouldn't give to have this as part of the new script:

John:Are you serious? Did you actually believe I would forgive you?
Mary:But you did, you said-
John:*shaking his head, familiar smile coming to his lips* Did I ever actually say the words 'I forgive you'.
Mary:No.
John:No.
Mary:I thought-
John:Well, you thought wrong! You shot my best friend. Did you actually think I would let that slide?
Mary:
John:No, Mary. That speech was just a ruse. To throw you off.
Mary:I don't understand.
John:Sherlock needed more time. We didn't want you to suspect anything.
Mary:Suspect what? Whats going on?
John:*hands her an envelope* I believe everything's in order. All you need to do is sign.
Mary:What is this?
John:Divorce papers, obviously.
Mary:This is what you want?
John:I've been wanting this ever since I found out the psychopath that shot my best friend in cold blood turned out to be my wife.
Mary:Then why wait?
John:I had to make sure you'd still let me see my daughter.
Mary:Why would I do that?
John:Because I have sufficient evidence that could send you to jail unless you grant me my rights as the father.
Mary:
Mary:You planned this.
John:Of course I did.
Mary:And Sherlock helped.
John:Of course he did. He wanted to divorce you of all parental rights but I convinced him otherwise.
Mary:Since when did he have a say in this?
John:Since the day he became my significant other. Soon to be husband. *eyes the envelope* As soon as thats taken care of.

#sherlock#bbc sherlock#johnlock#john x sherlock#sh#jw#john watson#mary watson#soon to be#mary morstan 

Are these lines from a fan fic?  I love it.
Jeeze, this is why we all write and read so much fan fic--  in order to fix the m-e-s-s in the actual show.

December 23, 2014 8:29 pm  #3289

Yeah, it's a fic snippet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 11:02 pm  #3290

ancientsgate wrote:

BHavers wrote:

Wonderful overview, thanks a lot SusiGo !!
There is a bit of true love in any true friendship, I suppose.
Sherlock (BC) has wonderful eyes and a brilliant mind, but I find John more manly and more sexy.

And together?  Incendiary. Yowsa!

One word.  Sanwhich.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 27, 2014 6:36 pm  #3291

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 27, 2014 6:39 pm  #3292

Interesting, in a heartbreaking way. As always when it comes to TSoT.

Great find.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 28, 2014 11:55 am  #3293

I think that the biggest and clearest reference to Johnlock to be found within the series itself, are these little exchanges:

John: We are not a couple.
Irene: Yes, you are.

John: I am not gay!
Irene: Well, I am. And look at us both.

And to Irene's last statement there, John doesn't argue. To me, this is the biggest proof out there, and it's written in the show itself. Not as a joke, but in a serious moment.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 28, 2014 11:56 am)

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2014 11:56 am  #3294

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

December 28, 2014 11:57 am  #3295

Yes. John does not insist. And after this we do not get any protests of this sort anymore (in series 2), most conspicuously not with the innkeepers in HoB. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 28, 2014 2:01 pm  #3296

Oh, that was lovely!
And very truthful! Spot-on observation! 

December 28, 2014 5:12 pm  #3297

December 28, 2014 5:27 pm  #3298

December 28, 2014 5:39 pm  #3299

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2014 5:43 pm  #3300

Brilliant, Nakahara! Please yesyesyeyesalwaysyes!!! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera