BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2014 11:37 am  #3241

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Lovely pics, Solar. 

Btw, they also said that Moriarty was dead and that it was not necessary for Benedict to know about Sherlock's youth and background and that Mary would not be a divisive character. So much for telling the truth. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 22, 2014 11:47 am  #3242

Well, maybe Moriarty is indeed dead, we don't know yet. But apart from that: agreed. They do have a very interesting understanding of the truth. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 22, 2014 1:47 pm  #3243

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, maybe Moriarty is indeed dead, we don't know yet. But apart from that: agreed. They do have a very interesting understanding of the truth. 

Which they have done and are doing and will continue to do *on purpose*, just to keep fan interest up. Look at this forum for example--  still going strong, and we haven't seen anything new for a year and won't see anything new for another year, but yet we're still here talking discussing arguing defending etc  So from the vantage point of the showrunners and writers, they must be doing something right, and why should they change?

December 22, 2014 8:54 pm  #3244

Exactly, AG. They are so good in keeping speculations up. And I wouldn't want it any other way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 22, 2014 9:41 pm  #3245

So this threads still exists? Good to know. 

This is my view on Mark's Mumbai interview:

So I watched the “Johnlock part” of Mark’s Mumbai interview and was struck once again by how selective his answers were. Gay joke and all that, but not a word about empty chairs, about the dancefloor, about coming back to life for John, about the tarmac scene.

He mentions Sherlock saying he has neither boyfriend nor girlfriend, about suppressing his feelings, about being focussed on his brain only. Which is basically series 1 stuff. 

It is as if series 3 never happened. And this is quite suspicious in itself. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 22, 2014 10:32 pm  #3246

Ah, you're such a comfort Susi.  (((hugs))))

DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 22, 2014 10:34 pm  #3247

Thank you, dear. 

December 23, 2014 5:55 am  #3248

I will write the same here as in the other thread:

I don't feel their love for each other is "desperately unspoken". It is actually spoken straight out, from Sherlock to John, and from John to Sherlock.

I don't see Johnlock as some sort of secret pining in the closet that none of them dare to talk or think about. It's all there, throughout the show.

Everything they say and do (well, except for SOME thing Sherlock says and does) show this.

It's not the gay jokes that makes me ship Johnlock, it never has been. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 6:01 am  #3249

Vhanja wrote:

I don't feel their love for each other is "desperately unspoken". It is actually spoken straight out, from Sherlock to John, and from John to Sherlock.

I don't see Johnlock as some sort of secret pining in the closet that none of them dare to talk or think about. It's all there, throughout the show.

Everything they say and do (well, except for SOME thing Sherlock says and does) show this.

As Susi mentioned earlier, this has all evolved through the seasons. S3 was quite different from S1. I agree with everything you said here, for sure. I still find it curious that lots of fans still insist they just cannot see it. ??? Seems as plain as the proverbial noses on our proverbial faces (to me).

December 23, 2014 6:04 am  #3250

ancientsgate wrote:

As Susi mentioned earlier, this has all evolved through the seasons. S3 was quite different from S1. I agree with everything you said here, for sure. I still find it curious that lots of fans still insist they just cannot see it. ??? Seems as plain as the proverbial noses on our proverbial faces (to me).

For me, it's not S3 that made Johnlock. It's been there throughout all three seasons. 

It's hard to describe, but it's not the jokes, the spoken words of how much they care for each other or Sherlock's declaration all throughout TSoT that shows it (well, that too, of course). It's the way they depend on each other, the big role they both play in each other's life, how Sherlock comes before any girlfriend (before Mary), how comfortable they are in each other's presence, how big a part of their lives revolve around the other person, how nothing - absolutely nothing - means more to them than each other.

Last edited by Vhanja (December 23, 2014 6:06 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 6:10 am  #3251

ancientsgate wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

Absolutely. But it's pretty obvious that for some people it is far more important what Mofftiss or other members of the team say in interviews than what is shown in the episodes. There are various reasons why I only take note of what they are saying - but it's not important for how I see the show. I don't need anyone to interpret or explain what I'm seeing or am supposed to be seeing to me.

This is pretty nice, by the way. Mofftiss aren't the only ones who tend to be... creative about the truth:
http://merrygotohell.tumblr.com/post/105911892828/welovethebeekeeper-mark-gatiss-there-is-no

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 23, 2014 7:59 am  #3252

Love that tumblr post. 

December 23, 2014 8:18 am  #3253

I know I do not have to prove anything to you, so just for the sake of beauty:

http://wimpytentacle.co.vu/post/105937790944/kingshezza-literally-though-if-this-show-is

December 23, 2014 8:23 am  #3254

Oh god yes, Susi. We can't have enough of those kind of pics...

December 23, 2014 8:29 am  #3255

I'm back. Did you miss me? 
Just a quick note on the "last hooray for the gay joke". There is one actually in HLV: the newspapers selling Janine' s story. If you take a close look they write something like " You believe he has an affair with John Watson but it's not true." Just saying.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 23, 2014 8:30 am  #3256

I mean, really, why are they doing this if they do not want to tell us something? They used the pizzeria just for these promo shoots and the DVD covers, there is nothing of this in the actual series. This is all a big mind game to drive us crazy (and make some people even believe in God). 

December 23, 2014 8:32 am  #3257

In this case, believing in Johnlock is far better than believing in God, I'd say.

December 23, 2014 8:33 am  #3258

Yes, you have a point there. 

Mrshouse, he did not have an affair with John after all. Which does not mean he is not going to have one sooner or later. Or lets call it a love relationship. 

December 23, 2014 8:44 am  #3259

I always thought that the "last hurrah" for the gay joke concerned Mrs Hudson only. As the comment is said in connection with Mrs Hudson, and how they go on to explain the she should have enough evidence for them not being a couple by now.

(Love those promo pics! That restaurant scene is also not in the series, I guess it might be taken from the reunion, but that image itself isn't form the aired scene).

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 9:10 am  #3260

Yes, I see what you mean.

You are right, the pic is from the second restaurant but we do not get to see this angle in the show. 

And I love how they chose the pizzeria and went there with all their equipment and staff and took those melancholic shots just for promo purposes. And what is interesting - we see John without the moustache so this is after the reunion. And he looks still sad and lonely while Sherlock casts a longing glance from outside … 

Board footera