BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2014 7:26 am  #3101

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

We all know this but just a little reminder on a cold Monday morning:

http://silent-fun.tumblr.com/post/103313482507/yes-this-is-how-friends-look-at-each-other-at

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2014 8:19 am  #3102

God, Sherlock... why can't he just say it? And why can't John just see it...?!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 8, 2014 12:29 pm  #3103

SolarSystem wrote:

And why can't John just see it...?!

Can´t he? Why is he looking at Sherlock so guiltily in the second pic?
I suspect he knows everything. But is not bold enough to act on it.

Last edited by nakahara (December 8, 2014 12:30 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 8, 2014 1:32 pm  #3104

And maybe he realises he has made a terrible mistake- 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2014 2:29 pm  #3105

He probably thought he could have both Mary and Sherlock at the same time and that their status quo really won´t change. But now that the news about pregnancy are out of the bag, he realised what a fool he´s been. Of course, everything would change. His and Sherlock´s ways would part now. And he cannot just leave pregnant Mary like that. He made it for himself - kicked Sherlock out of his life with his choice.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 8, 2014 2:47 pm  #3106

And I think in this moment on the dancefloor John finally realises how much Sherlock cares for him and cannot cope with it.

December 8, 2014 3:24 pm  #3107

I believe with all my heart that there is no way John would've hooked up with Mary if Sherlock had been alive.

When Sherlock turned out to be "Not Dead" John became wrapped up in his anger and tried to hold Sherlock at arms length.  He also felt a seriousl loyalty to Mary at that point because John is nothing if not loyal.  I think he just didn't know how to get out of it with Mary so he convinced himself that everything would be ok.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 8, 2014 6:33 pm  #3108

SolarSystem wrote:

God, Sherlock... why can't he just say it? And why can't John just see it...?!

Because their writers write them that way, just to torture the fans. And it's working.

December 8, 2014 10:12 pm  #3109

Not strictly Johnlock but a nice observation. I am sure you will understand me.  

http://wimpytentacle.co.vu/post/104692465759/i-mean-sherlock-would-rather-hang-out-in-the

December 8, 2014 10:19 pm  #3110

And a clever one - well observed 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 9, 2014 5:32 am  #3111

SusiGo wrote:

And I think in this moment on the dancefloor John finally realises how much Sherlock cares for him and cannot cope with it.

This is exactly why I have that pic of him in my signature. There was a wonderful meta about it (that unfortunately is no longer online), saying that this is the moment of John finally understanding it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 9, 2014 10:30 am  #3112

Ladies, ladies, found this on Ivy Blossom's, has anyone ever noticed the knife on the mantlepiece?? That is to say its position in those very camera angles??
I certainly didn't... Hmmmm.....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 9, 2014 10:37 am  #3113

Is is not the knife or dagger Sherlock uses to pin down his mail? I think it was always there and is Canon. But I may be mistaken. 

December 9, 2014 10:38 am  #3114

That's true, I just wanted to point out the weird camera angles...

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 9, 2014 11:02 am  #3115

True. I am considering to open a new thread for metas - use of colours, camera angles, mirror scenes, parallel characters, etc. if I find the time. Anyone interested?

December 9, 2014 11:58 am  #3116

Definetely, there is soooo much to say.

December 9, 2014 2:41 pm  #3117

SusiGo wrote:

Is is not the knife or dagger Sherlock uses to pin down his mail? I think it was always there and is Canon. But I may be mistaken. 

Yes, it is a same knife nad yes, it´s canonical.
And during the confrontation at Baker Street, Mary hovers very near that knife all the time.
And yes, the camera angle makes it look like the knife is ticking out of Sherlock´s back...
Quite interesting...

December 9, 2014 2:42 pm  #3118

December 9, 2014 2:48 pm  #3119

Why, oh, why did you do that? 

December 9, 2014 2:54 pm  #3120

Sorry.
I´ll try to find something more uplifting next time.

Board footera