BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2014 6:40 pm  #2201

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

mrshouse, Susi, I'm absolutely with the both of you.

Let's just remember why we're here, in this particular thread - and please don't interpret what I'm going to say now as a good vs bad Johnlocker statement. But in this thread we're gathering evidence for Johnlock from the show so far - not from fanfic, but from the show. Some of the evidence is fun, some is pretty creative, but a lot of it is exactly that: evidence. Now, I don't know how serious we all take this thread, but I just want to stress again that the evidence is in the show, not in fanfics.
So to me this thread only makes sense because after gathering all the evidence from the show, I want to see Johnlock happen in the show as well.

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 4, 2014 6:41 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 4, 2014 7:25 pm  #2202

Bravo Solar!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 4, 2014 7:30 pm  #2203

Oh thanks, President and Founder...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 4, 2014 7:45 pm  #2204

I didn't say that I don't want Johnlock in the show, Solar. I am just not that confident it will happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 7:46 pm  #2205

Very well said, Solar. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 7:46 pm  #2206

My post wasn't even directed at you, gently.

August 4, 2014 7:48 pm  #2207

Right. Then I stop defending myself. 
And go on reading some ... you know what.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 8:00 pm  #2208

You are allowed to say the word.

August 4, 2014 8:25 pm  #2209

Draconia wrote:

.to be honest,....I don't wanna see it on tv during the series...some how...
Its far more erotic how it is at the moment.
Some little stolen strokes or touches..they would be nice ...tho...
But a kiss?
No , not for me...

I see what you mean. I also wonder if I'd want the "whole thing" on the show, or stay with all those little hints.

(I think a kiss would be fine for me, though...............)

To me it's like.... "dressed in something nice is more erotic than fully naked". Or something like that. 

So atm I am happy with the hints in the show and the "full thing" in fanfics.
If I would like to see more in the show also depends on the writers, of course. How it's done. But somehow I have the feeling they would do a great job. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 4, 2014 9:01 pm  #2210

SolarSystem wrote:

Personally, I want to see them kiss each other - and even that might mean something else to another Johnlocker, because there are different kinds of kisses.  

I'd pay real money to see them kiss each other, but I have zero hope and faith that it'll ever happen in the show, simply because the show is fabulously popular, a big money-maker; no way would TPTB shove a wrench into the cogs of that wheel and risk bunging things up financially.

Remember the old adage, don't mess with success?  Why would they risk losing their male viewers, as well as the legion of non-johnlock people, after all, to try to please us johnlockers, all of whom have a different idea of what (and to what degree) we'd actually like to see in the show?  It'll never happen, IMO.

I WOULD like to see an end to those longing looks they've been having Sherlock give John since this thing started. The poor man looks like a lost puppy dog. I want to throw something at him and yell, "Do something! Say something!  For crying out loud, move it or lose it, and put us all out of our misery!"  But again, if they can't write full-blown johnlock into the show, I'm not sure how I expect Sherlock to stop with the puppy dog eyes.

I do love that he's so utterly clueless about his importance to John (THAT cluelessness makes me want to throw something at him, too, lol), as he was when he came back after his fall, as he was in that lovingly written and acted scene when John sat in the kitchen at 221b and asked Sherlock to be his best man.

Sherlock's a smart cookie, and I dunno, but if he woke up emotionally just a little bit, I'd find that satisfying. No need for (Brit expression) actual snogging on the show (or more), IMO.  But some awareness and acknowledgement of the importance of John Watson in his life would be welcome. To me.

So just some thoughts.

August 4, 2014 9:09 pm  #2211

Well, to me in series 3 John was the one who had not clue about how much he mattered to Sherlock. Just think of his "Who would he protect?" in HLV. I think they basically know that they are important to each other but not how important. 

As for the other thing - BBC has publicly stated that they do not so much care about international reception in their shows but concentrate first of all on their British audience. And they have also stated that they try to prepare their audience for LGBTG stories by advancing slowly, a perfect fit for Sherlock. To me this express policy shows that they are not afraid to show such things in a successful show. This may not apply to other countries but this is a very British show and they seem to think that their audience at home is ready for this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 9:37 pm  #2212

SusiGo wrote:

Well, to me in series 3 John was the one who had not clue about how much he mattered to Sherlock. Just think of his "Who would he protect?" in HLV. I think they basically know that they are important to each other but not how important.

Of course, it's true that both of them are pretty darned clueless. Which I find believable enough, since after all, a lot of people can't see what's right under their noses, especially men people. I'm more than ready to see them to buy a ticket to the clue bus and actually climb on, however. Even if I don't believe they will.

As for the other thing - BBC has publicly stated that they do not so much care about international reception in their shows but concentrate first of all on their British audience.

Are they shopping the show all around the world for artistic reasons then?  Not for the money?  Sorry, I don't believe it. Not "caring" what anyone from other societies thinks sounds a bit cavalier, considering what's at stake. Financially.

And they have also stated that they try to prepare their audience for LGBTG stories by advancing slowly, a perfect fit for Sherlock.

This is "slowly", all right. Good grief. Snails have nothing on that show. So few episodes, spaced so very very far apart, and such slow character development. I find all of that very frustrating, but then, I'm used to USA TV drama shows that give us 22 episodes per calendar year. They've been danging johnlock in front of the viewers' eyes since the very beginning, and that's fine, but sorry, I think it's time for them to move it along a bit.  Or not. One or the other. I get frustrated, watching the johnlock carrot hang in front of my face. Sure it's fun sometimes, but I do want to pull my hair sometimes.

To me this express policy shows that they are not afraid to show such things in a successful show. This may not apply to other countries but this is a very British show and they seem to think that their audience at home is ready for this. 

So if they're so ready, do you suppose S4 will blow johnlock wide open?  Do you actually believe that?  Not criticizing, I'm genuinely curious if you (or anyone here) actually believes that S4 won't just give us more of the same. Time will tell, of course. But it's wicked hard to wait. And wait. And wait. And wait some more.

August 4, 2014 11:14 pm  #2213

I don't think S4 will blow Johnlock wide open. IMO if they're going to do it, they'll do it the last moment possible. The last scene - they finally kiss. What an epic finale! I think one reason to make Johnlock happen is the immense discussion afterwards. It would make Moftiss immortal if they created the first openly gay Sherlock Holmes.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

August 4, 2014 11:16 pm  #2214

I can certainly see Moftiss doing it that way.  Last scene of the last episode.  And possibly not even a kiss.  Just John touching Sherlock's face or (better) coming out of Sherlock's bedroom!  Just something to make us all pass out from happiness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 4, 2014 11:59 pm  #2215

Nice thoughts..... 

But in that case I'm willing to wait for it years and years.... and decades....
The last scene of the last episode? Urgh. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 5, 2014 4:38 am  #2216

tonnaree wrote:

I can certainly see Moftiss doing it that way.  Last scene of the last episode.  And possibly not even a kiss.  Just John touching Sherlock's face or (better) coming out of Sherlock's bedroom!  Just something to make us all pass out from happiness.

That's my idea exactly. Or at the end of a case they return back to 221B and they take their jacket and coat off, and in the very last scene we get we see them turning towards each other and John lovingly touches Sherlock's face and then Sherlock takes John's hand and... yeah, well, you know...
Seriously, I guess we all agree that we won't ever see them naked in Sherlock's bed together. And in my opinion something like this wouldn't fit the show anyway, however bad I'd like to see it happen. That's just not the show, it wouldn't seem natural to the show. But there are so many other possibilities... possibilities that might not even feel all too intrusive to viewers that don't know about Johnlock or don't see it, but that give us Johnlockers a bit more than what we've got so far.

August 5, 2014 5:28 am  #2217

ancientsgate wrote:

So if they're so ready, do you suppose S4 will blow johnlock wide open?  Do you actually believe that?  Not criticizing, I'm genuinely curious if you (or anyone here) actually believes that S4 won't just give us more of the same. Time will tell, of course. But it's wicked hard to wait. And wait. And wait. And wait some more.

I think we will get more in S4 than before. They said that there is a story arch for S4 and S5, so maybe we will have to wait for S5 for more than a gentle touch. But generally, yes, I believe that we will see it. And it will be unique and tasteful and heartwarming in their own funny way. I would bet that the creators avoid clichés and make it really wonderful.

BUT I also think that even if we will see them shooting a kiss in public with pics at some setlock page before S4 or S5 and even if we see the kiss in the teaser trailer and in the trailer, we (or at least I) will remain sceptical, like "Oh, they are trolling us again, it's just for a case or a fake scene" or whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 5, 2014 5:37 am  #2218

Schmiezi wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

I think we will get more in S4 than before. They said that there is a story arch for S4 and S5, so maybe we will have to wait for S5 for more than a gentle touch. But generally, yes, I believe that we will see it. And it will be unique and tasteful and heartwarming in their own funny way. I would bet that the creators avoid clichés and make it really wonderful.

That sounds perfect.

August 5, 2014 6:13 am  #2219

Now that we are happily looking forward for S4... If someone is in for some early morning sobbing, please follow that link.
http://deducingbbcsherlock.tumblr.com/post/78489763634/why-do-you-think-sherlock-was-road-testing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 5, 2014 6:30 am  #2220

Mah, and she's really rubbing it in, right?

Board footera