BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2014 1:08 pm  #2181

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

I am wondering at the moment if I am a real Johnlocker. Hmm ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 1:12 pm  #2182

gently69 wrote:

I am wondering at the moment if I am a real Johnlocker. Hmm ...

What makes you doubt right now, dear?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 1:21 pm  #2183

I thought about it... I really love to look and discuss at evidence of Johnlock here ... I SEE them and I believe in them. And I also enjoy reading the fan fiction now without exception. I would love to see a development towards Johnlock at the show ...
But to be honest ... I am not convinced that this will happen.
That turns me ... into a bad Johnlocker?

Last edited by gently69 (August 4, 2014 2:28 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 1:27 pm  #2184

No, not at all. There are no good and bad Johnlockers. For me you are a Johnlocker when you like the idea and see evidence and hope to get it in the show. It is fine to have doubts that it will happen. As long as you do not say it is all bromance, everything is fine. 

To quote the wonderful Mrs Hudson: There's all sorts round here. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 4, 2014 2:21 pm  #2185

You all seem so confident. And I can't see it happen. Well... 

Bromance? What's that? 

(Tony Hadley)

August 4, 2014 2:29 pm  #2186

I think we sometimes all have our doubts. Nobody can know for sure. They will never tell us before. But IMO there are more reasons for Johnlock in the show than against it. 

August 4, 2014 2:37 pm  #2187

gently69 wrote:

Bromance? What's that?

The foulest word that can be spoken!  It can make the ears of a faithful Johnlocker's bleed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 4, 2014 2:54 pm  #2188

gently69 wrote:

In case it helps, I don't see it happen on the show either. (Or maybe it is that I don't want to see it happen...?) That doesn't keep me from considering myself a Johnlocker, though. There's no way I would want to miss out on all the great Johnlock stories out there.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 3:00 pm  #2189

eurydike wrote:

I don't see it happen on the show either. (Or maybe it is that I don't want to see it happen...?) That doesn't keep me from considering myself a Johnlocker, though. There's no way I would want to miss out on all the great Johnlock stories out there.   

Me, too.  For me, johnlock is for fan fic.  Deep friendship (bromance if you like that word, but I don't think I do) is for the show. I seriously don't want to see johnlock as part of the show, because I don't trust TPTB to handle it right (ie, the way I want it handled, lol). 

August 4, 2014 3:01 pm  #2190

.to be honest,....I don't wanna see it on tv during the series...some how...
Its far more erotic how it is at the moment.
Some little stolen strokes or touches..they would be nice ...tho...
But a kiss?
No , not for me...

Last edited by Draconia (August 4, 2014 3:02 pm)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

August 4, 2014 3:09 pm  #2191

Draconia wrote:

.to be honest,....I don't wanna see it on tv during the series...some how...
Its far more erotic how it is at the moment.
Some little stolen strokes or touches..they would be nice ...tho...
But a kiss?
No , not for me...

That's it exactly.
I guess I could handle them kissing (kisses don't mean that much to me anyway, so...), but I'd prefer them not to go any further than touching, hugging and stroking each other. (Which is not gonna happen on the show anyway.)

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

August 4, 2014 3:15 pm  #2192

I hope we will see them kissing. Yes, now that I think about it, that would really make me happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 4, 2014 3:39 pm  #2193

I must admit to honestly wanting to see how Ben and Martin would attack a kissing scene.  
In addition to just wanting Sherlock and John to kiss.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 4, 2014 4:20 pm  #2194

Schmiezi wrote:

Speaking of science, do I have this link from here?
http://acafanmom.tumblr.com/post/74618166042/addendum-the-empty-hearse-1a

If not, here is a wonderful meta you all should read instantly.
Very detailed, covers all three episodes of S3, written by someone who seems to be teaching cinematography.

These anaylsis are so great, read them all in a breath. Even when i don't agree with everything, are so well written and give me so many things to think about! It even put to words what i felt about John "regressing" in series 3. 

Would you make a subject of their own with them? It will be a pity to be "burried" in a long thread like this one. 

August 4, 2014 5:04 pm  #2195

I was thinking of that, too lovely. There are some ideas in those metas I really would like to discuss here.
At the moment I am stealing moments with baby on my arm. But as soon as he' sleeping, I will start a new thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 4, 2014 5:24 pm  #2196

Great *clap,clap*

Cheers for your baby from mine!

August 4, 2014 5:36 pm  #2197

tonnaree wrote:

I must admit to honestly wanting to see how Ben and Martin would attack a kissing scene.  
In addition to just wanting Sherlock and John to kiss.

I agree wholeheartedly.
And I guess we're once again at a point where Johnlock means different things to different people. There is not one kind of Johnlock that is the only effective one, there are all kinds of Johnlocks.
Personally, I want to see them kiss each other - and even that might mean something else to another Johnlocker, because there are different kinds of kisses.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 4, 2014 5:58 pm  #2198

I'm quite Pro-Kissing.
In all it's various forms.  

Last edited by tonnaree (August 4, 2014 5:58 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 4, 2014 6:06 pm  #2199

gently69 wrote:

I thought about it... I really love to look and discuss at evidence of Johnlock here ... I SEE them and I believe in them. And I also enjoy reading the fan fiction now without exception. I would love to see a development towards Johnlock at the show ...
But to be honest ... I am not convinced that this will happen.
That turns me ... into a bad Johnlocker?

gently, rest assured that you're definitely not alone. I often have doubts. I have doubts when I go to the OTHER thread, I have doubts when we discuss the guys sexuality or the role of Mary, that can all make me seriously doubt what I feel concerning Johnlock. I have doubts when I read comments by Amanda or Ian, leaving me feeling a bit like we're all just lunatics. I learned the last month that after S 3 there are lots of fans who have doubts about different things: the Johnlockers about their ship never coming true, not even with a knowing smile and stroking hands, the non-Johnlocker about their non-ship eventually coming true, heaven beware! And the friends of just good crimes, who don't care about the sentiments at all, because-let's be honest- S 3 didn't serve them, either. This is my first hiatus amongst fans, but after S 1 and 2 I didn't feel this way. The only thing that yells " bad Johnlocker" for me are the lunatics that stalk and harass the cast and crew in private. And sometimes I also consider that in the end it would be Martin and Benedict who would actually have to do it, they must feel comfortable as well.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 4, 2014 6:15 pm  #2200

I absolutely agree with everything you said, mrs house. Just one thing: 
I really do not understand why Benedict and Martin should have problems with playing them as a couple. They are actors. They are professionals and have played extreme parts in their career. Benedict has played Turing who was gay. I think some people - not you - interpret too much into their relationship in real life. As far as I know, they are colleagues who love working with each other but not very close friends.  

Board footera