BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2014 2:23 pm  #21

Re: Coincidence? Or Not-- Henry VIII and Mary....

I keep an open mind because the only thing I know for sure is anything is possible with the Moftiss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 3, 2014 9:56 pm  #22

Someone made the point that AGRA was a reference to an Empty or missing treasure---and so, I'm thinking...again, could be a reference to the whole blowing smoke/faking it analogy...

March 4, 2014 12:33 am  #23

Yeah, in ACD Canon, AGRA box was eventually empty. It should have contained a very precious treasure, which was supposed to make Mary Morstan very wealthy. Actually it's quite fun because Dr Watson decided himself to propose her when he found out that she wasn't a rich heir anymore. He was afraid that he wasn't rich enough for her.

"Storming, enjoying, planning, loving, cautioning,
Backing and filling, appearing and disappearing,
I tread day and night such roads."
Walt Whitman

March 4, 2014 10:18 am  #24

But didn't they have a scan, revealing it was a girl? John would have surely been there for that?

I'm clueing for looks

March 4, 2014 10:40 am  #25

He did say "we've had a scan", yeah, but she was heavily pregnant by the time they'd reconciled, so it wouldn't be completely impossible for Moftiss to decide that she was alone when the scan took place (or when she claimed it did, having not actually had one)?
It wouldn't be that hard for her to get a copy of someone else's scan I suppose, considering she's a Nurse.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 4, 2014 8:04 pm  #26

Tinks wrote:

He did say "we've had a scan", yeah, but she was heavily pregnant by the time they'd reconciled, so it wouldn't be completely impossible for Moftiss to decide that she was alone when the scan took place (or when she claimed it did, having not actually had one)?
It wouldn't be that hard for her to get a copy of someone else's scan I suppose, considering she's a Nurse.

If nothing else, it's a fun premise to play with. 

Board footera