BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2014 12:54 am  #1

If Big Brother is Watching...

Isn't there something about Sherlock being under surveillance?

Do you think that matters to him in terms of his personal life? Do you think he's aware of the lack of privacy and would that inhibit him from doing...private things?

Either for the sake of privacy itself, or because he knows that if he was in love with or having sex with someone, it would be known? And if that person were John, Molly, or Janine, they might be in danger.

And if it was someone like Irene, he could be accused of consorting with the enemy.

March 3, 2014 1:11 pm  #2

Re: If Big Brother is Watching...

I just found this at "The final problem" on tumblr. She had a closer look at Mycrofts screen:

Mycroft’s menu, meanwhile, has four options: Surveillance, GPS Tracker, Interviews, and Computer Hacking.

March 5, 2014 8:33 pm  #3

I think Mycroft has him under digital monitoring but surveillance is too strong a word. He's not being filmed 24/7. Maybe GPS tracked or something. Also he's been able to surprise Mycroft quite a bit. He broke into Baskerville without hig brother knowing & Mycroft was genuinely surprised when he found out that Sherlock was tracking CAM.

March 5, 2014 8:55 pm  #4

And even if Mycroft tried to monitor him 24 hours in a day, this is Sherlock we are speaking about: he would find a way how to mess with the system and how to slip through surveillance unnoticed.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 6, 2014 4:55 pm  #5

nakahara wrote:

And even if Mycroft tried to monitor him 24 hours in a day, this is Sherlock we are speaking about: he would find a way how to mess with the system and how to slip through surveillance unnoticed.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this. Considering the fact that he is who he is, we should find it safe to assume for both the continuity factor of the series and the element of surprise for fun of us viewers that Sherlock can and will elude and always be one step ahead of his brother. Unless of course it is part of the obvious plot that he's not supposed to be..

Couple of biscuits too, if you've got them...

March 16, 2014 4:05 pm  #6

I don't think Mycroft can see every little thing. I think he knows what Sherlock wants him to know, and sees what Sherlock wants him to see. He didn't know Janine was in Sherlock bedroom, or that Sherlock was back on drugs/ crashing in the drug house. If he did, he would have put a stop to it as soon as he saw it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"I had a dream of a winter garden
A midnight rendezvous
Silver, blue, and frozen silence
What a fool I was for you!"

March 16, 2014 4:59 pm  #7

I disagree, he just knew it would be Sherlock...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera