BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2014 1:34 pm  #1

When did Sherlock call the ambulance (for himself) ?

They went straight from Leinster Gardens back to Baker Street and I'm presuming all three of them shared a cab. I don't think Sherlock would have left John and Mary alone in a cab together because all hell would have broke lose and they would have already started their domestic by the time they got back. As it happened, they hadn't actually spoken to each other yet, so I'm imagining a stony silence in the cab ride home where everyone is tense and just staring at the floor or out the window, waiting until they got back. Then they all headed upstairs and the scene began.

So, at which moment did Sherlock manage to call the ambulance for himself and tell them that there'd been a shooting?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 27, 2014 1:39 pm  #2

Re: When did Sherlock call the ambulance (for himself) ?

Sherlock was the last one to enter the flat. I imagine that he called or texted when he was on the stairs.

February 27, 2014 1:45 pm  #3

Exactly 8 minutes before he breaks down.. I guess it was in front of 221B or on the stairs, when both Watsons stormed in before him..

February 27, 2014 1:46 pm  #4

In my head canon he hung back while John and Mary went up to the flat after they arrived at Baker Street by cab. I even wrote my own version of that scene. If you're interested in reading it, you can find it here.

February 27, 2014 2:08 pm  #5

TeeJay wrote:

In my head canon he hung back while John and Mary went up to the flat after they arrived at Baker Street by cab. I even wrote my own version of that scene. If you're interested in reading it, you can find it here.

I enjoyed your rewrite and it was very interesting to read, but oddly enough...it made me stand by the original a little more. I feel like inserting any kind of interaction between Sherlock and John with regard to Sherlock's deteriorating condition would have completely broken up the tension of the scene and was honestly unneccessary.

I do believe they had that conversation, but off screen, most probably at the moment when John first met up with Sherlock to go to Leinster Gardens together and set up Mary. John would have been saying those exact same words you wrote "you need to go to hospital etc" and Sherlock would have been insisting he was fine.

They've shown us countless times how much John and Sherlock care for one another. It's not necessary for them to keep showing it again and again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 27, 2014 2:19 pm  #6

Well, like I said in my author's note, I also didn't have that much of a problem with the original scene. I can absolutely understand that even John's medically trained eye would have been too blinded by all the emotional turmoil not to notice Sherlock's immediate medical needs. But we probably shouldn't rehash all of that right here, since I feel it's already been discussed ad nauseum.

And thanks for the lovely feedback. That fic was more an exercise in creating alternatives than anything.

Last edited by TeeJay (February 27, 2014 2:19 pm)

Board footera