BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2014 7:46 pm  #21

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Yes, I'm watching, too. Need to observe the competition...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 13, 2014 9:45 pm  #22

Well, that wasn't what I had expected. But I'm OK with it.

Here it is the song for Germany: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hhKTE6KvlZI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

March 13, 2014 9:52 pm  #23

Hmm ... interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 11:27 am  #24

Have you heard the official anthem this year?

I can't stop listening to it... 

Emmelie De Forest with 'Rainmaker' 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71OOb6QkAn0

I have to admit I do like Emmelie, she's a sweet doll! I have been in a commercial with her and she had to perform 'Only Teardrops' a houndred times (of course it was playback) and the lovely girl was more worried about us extras... 

Another thing; I hear the tagline all the time, the #JoinUs so I'm getting a bit, don't know if you could say tired of it... but what do you think about it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 19, 2014 7:45 pm  #25

Mmmh, I can only partly agree with you, Swan. Elaiza weren't my first choice either. My favorite was Madeline Juno, but unfortunatly her first song wasn't that good. Her second would have been 'Error' and that song is marvellous, she would have made it into the next round with that one.
My second choice was Santiano, preferably with their second song. I think the problem with Santiano was that both songs of them were equally good, and so there wasn't a favorite one in the second voting round. I also liked MarieMarie (the girl with the harp ) and her first song very much.
At the final voting I must admit, I was very glad that Unheilig hadn't won. I have nothing against the Graf as a person, in interviews he is always very nice and polite. I just don't like his music (I would call it "Gothic-Schlager"). But that's all a matter of taste of course! Would be boring, if we all like the same stuff, wouldn't it? On the other hand, if Unheilig would have won, we would at least have a German song. I think since Roger Cicero's performance in 2007 we hadn't a German song any more. That's a bit sad, but it could also be the reason why Elaiza finally won against Unheilig. Let's face it, all winner songs in the last years were completly or mostly sung in English. I suppose the audience saw more winning potential in an English song.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

March 19, 2014 9:50 pm  #26

Swanpride wrote:

Oh well....I wonder if anybody will get the idea to sell their song as political statement about the Ukraine now.  Would be a clever marketing move.

Mmh, haven't thought about that, but I hope not. Using competitions like this to transport political messages I always found a bit problematic. By the way, I would have prefered the second song from Unheilig  , although yes it was a bit cheesy but I liked the melody better.
Well, let's see. I don't think we'll win, but I hope that we'll make it into the Top Ten. At least, it can't get much worse than last year with Cascada.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

April 28, 2014 7:41 am  #27

Let me just say I'm SUPER excited now. I can't really contain myself!

I have the Eurovision playlist on all of the time and I do have my favourites. Ukraine's is actually not bad at all!

I'm so effin' excited for the Irish delegation to finally show up so I can a bit more backstage to everything!

So far I've seen the awesome stage and the backstage areas etc and I have heard so much about the show itself. I can't really say much but it's going to be a lot better than last Denmark hosted! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (April 28, 2014 7:42 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 6, 2014 7:59 pm  #28

Everybody vote for Latvia!

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 6, 2014 8:11 pm  #29

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 6, 2014 8:18 pm  #30

Paramount!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 6, 2014 8:24 pm  #31

Jöran! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 6, 2014 8:28 pm  #32

Go Jöran Go!

May 6, 2014 8:46 pm  #33

Oh Mattlocked!   

Last edited by Harriet (May 6, 2014 8:46 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 6, 2014 9:06 pm  #34

Oh no!    Aarzemnieki were so good.    Who one earth voted for San Marino?

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 6, 2014 9:09 pm  #35

It's not only because I am Swedish hehe, but I really love Sanna Nielsens 'Undo'! Get goosebumps every time I hear it. And Sanna is lovely too. I've been singing concerts with her on christmas three years in a row, and she's always been so kind and down to earth!

May 6, 2014 9:12 pm  #36

stoertebeker wrote:

Oh no!    Aarzemnieki were so good.    Who one earth voted for San Marino?

What a pity... But they were brave making it so far - Congrats! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 6, 2014 9:41 pm  #37

Now I am sad

May 6, 2014 11:37 pm  #38

I was so sorry that Latvia didn't go through, I voted through both of my phones! (Even though it felt a bit weird doing that while sitting next to the Irish head of delegation)...

I'm a bit surprised Portugal didn't make it through actually... 

Btw, I think you all should vote for Ireland on Thursday so I get some more work to do! I would be so gutted if they had to go home early I'm having too much fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 9, 2014 11:56 am  #39

OMG I didn't even know Australia was in it. I was like, we're not part of Eurovision are we? Apparently we are. 

The beginning is kind of embarrassing with the dance sequence showing "all things Aussie" - I live in Australia & I'm not part of the surfie culture at all (why the hell do they need to perpetuate that stereotype?)

But rant aside, Jessica's song is AMAZING. I loved it!

May 9, 2014 6:22 pm  #40

I'm not fully over the fact that my dear Irish didn't make it through last night. I was biting my nails hard when they were announcing the countries that made it to the final and I tried so hard not to cry.

They did a fantastic job and they have all week. I hate how political this competition is, had they been in the first semi final no doubt they would have made it! That's also what I told them backstage and through the rest of the night. They did all they could and no one could have asked for more! 

Now, I'm rooting for Conchita. She's fantastic, especially love! That voice!! And then she's beautiful and such a kind person!! 

I almost knocked her over twice during the weekend and the second time I kept telling her 'sorry!!' and lovely as she is she just smiled at me as I rushed past. I think she might have touched my shoulder and I remember her saying "No problem, hunni!" She had every right to curse me... 

It was like an earthquake in the arena last night when she performed, was mentioned or tried to give an interview... so much love there! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera