BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2012 5:13 pm  #1

Help-- Gatiss Clue

Can someone link me to the article in which Mark Gatiss mentions a "fish" clue or something like that? I've searched everywhere and can't find it.

Your help would be much appreciated!

S

Last edited by Shenanigans (April 10, 2012 5:14 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moriarty: "How hard do you find it? Having to say 'I don't know' ?"
Sherlock: "I don't know."
Moriarty: "Oh that's clever, that's very clever, awfully clever."

April 10, 2012 6:14 pm  #2

Re: Help-- Gatiss Clue

Hmmm, don't know about that one. Have you tried googling "Mark Gatiss fish" or something similar?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 10, 2012 6:35 pm  #3

I've no idea. Do you have more data?

He's quoted as saying “One man's fish is another man's poisson† in The Vesuvius Club.

However I'm always 'fishy' about 'clues' which could turn out to be simple, insulting, 'red herrings'.

What else do you have?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 10, 2012 6:55 pm  #4

Thanks guys! I think I read about it on "The Final Problem" tumblr a while back.... or I might've imagined it. ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 10, 2012 7:10 pm  #5

Okay, I've found what people were calling the "fish" clue on the tumblr...

I keep reading people’s theories where they sort of are getting close to the truth and then they throw in something absolutely insane which rather wrecks the entire theory! I think ‘Oh, well, not so bad’ and then ‘No, there were no fish involved’.

Mark Gatiss discussing theories for The Reichenbach Fall with Graham Norton on BBC Radio 2.

Anyway, it just looks like Gatiss was being funny and that fish was not really a clue... or was it? LOLOL! (Because, of course, I did find something that involves "fish"--that's why I was looking for this transcript! ;D)

April 10, 2012 7:39 pm  #6

I've heard this nice little theory, which involved fish: Sherlock survived the fall by secretly flagging down a Vogon spaceship in his moment of privacy. He got chucked out onto the pavement quite rudely, though, because he did not fully appreciate Vogon poetry. And the fish, where does the fish come into play? Ah, yes: Sherlock communicated with the Vogons by putting a Bable Fish into his ear, which was a present from the actor Martin Freeman. He had kept it after playing Arthur Phillip Dent in the movie 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. Sherlock also got a ring, which made him invisible, from Freeman, and used it to walk out of the hospital unnoticed. Freeman had nicked this very useful item from a creature, called Gollum, which he had met during the shooting of his latest movie.

Last edited by sherlocked (April 10, 2012 7:39 pm)

April 10, 2012 7:52 pm  #7

I'm laughing so hard!!

That's probably what Gatiss was referring to, for sure !

April 10, 2012 8:52 pm  #8

Oh, that fish / ring / spaceship theory makes a lot of funny sense 
Though you forgot that he made Moriarty's body disappear with Smaug's fire-breath 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 10, 2012 9:05 pm  #9

It could just be a red herring pinned to someone's back!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 11, 2012 3:03 am  #10

Both Gatiss and Moffat have stated that they wouldn't be handing out any more clues nor affirming or negating any theories.
I think trying to dissect anything they say from now on will just send you to the funny farm a bit sooner than the rest of us.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 11, 2012 3:13 am  #11

It's possible he was refering to the Babel Fish crack theory on Final Problem's tumblr.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 11, 2012 11:25 pm  #12

Lol, when I read your post I was just sat there for ages thinking, "I'm sure I can't remember any fish in Reichenbach. Am I just not paying attention hard enough?!"

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 12, 2012 11:13 am  #13

Thing is, the clues are everywhere.  It's like walking through the forest, you can't spit without hitting a tree.

Board footera