BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2014 7:13 pm  #1

What's your opinion of this movie? (Sunshine 2007)

I didn't see this topic already started, but please feel free to move this thread if the topic already exists.

Has anyone seen the 2007 science fiction film Sunshine? If so, opinions, please? Also, it helps to know why you did or didn't like it.

I'm trying to decide if it is worth missing my Zumba class to go see it in the theater.

Thanks!

Edited the title to include the movie information - Wholocked

Last edited by Wholocked (February 13, 2014 10:50 pm)

February 9, 2014 7:28 pm  #2

Re: What's your opinion of this movie? (Sunshine 2007)

I might be heavily biased as I'm a Cillian Murphy fan but I quite liked that movie; a fair bit of drama and all... It's not as good as the Alien movies though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 10, 2014 8:43 pm  #3

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I might be heavily biased as I'm a Cillian Murphy fan but I quite liked that movie; a fair bit of drama and all... It's not as good as the Alien movies though.

Thank you!

February 11, 2014 9:16 pm  #4

I haven't seen it but as another Cillian Murphy fan I am going to try and catch it now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 13, 2014 3:12 am  #5

Saw it this evening. Interesting, if a bit confusing. For a movie called Sunshine, it certainly is dark.

Our wonderful Michigan Theater has a science in the movies series. After the film, they had an astronomer talk and answer questions.

February 13, 2014 7:55 am  #6

Oooh that sounds awesome! I would LOVE to have been there!

Did you know that Cappa was very much based on Brian Cox? Gosh I love that man...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera