BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 3, 2014 2:42 pm  #61

Re: Revamping the forum banner - need some input

Okay, gotcha, Be and Susi. I think the fairest thing to do is make at least one other version of the banner that is less geared towards the cast and more towards the fan aspect, and then we put them up for a vote. Let me mull over alternative designs in my head for a bit, I should be able to whip up something else in a reasonable time frame.

Let me just add that none of this is *my* decision. I volunteered to make a new banner and was asked by the forum admin to get member feedback. The ultimate decision on what banner to use is not mine. It's perfectly fine to utter criticism, but don't shoot the messenger, okay?

March 3, 2014 2:50 pm  #62

I was not shooting at you. I have just explained that I do not wish for a bigger version of this pic because I am in it. That is all. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 3, 2014 2:55 pm  #63

TeeJay wrote:

Okay, gotcha, Be and Susi. I think the fairest thing to do is make at least one other version of the banner that is less geared towards the cast and more towards the fan aspect, and then we put them up for a vote. Let me mull over alternative designs in my head for a bit, I should be able to whip up something else in a reasonable time frame.

Let me just add that none of this is *my* decision. I volunteered to make a new banner and was asked by the forum admin to get member feedback. The ultimate decision on what banner to use is not mine. It's perfectly fine to utter criticism, but don't shoot the messenger, okay?

This is not shooting the messenger. This is me being nice. Well, trying to.
Seriously, you asked what we think and I tell you what I think about too many faces be it cast or fans that is.

March 5, 2014 11:29 pm  #64

SusiGo wrote:

I was not shooting at you. I have just explained that I do not wish for a bigger version of this pic because I am in it. That is all. 

Yeah, I don't really want a bigger version of it either. If it's going to be used at all, it can go in the footer but as the same size it currently is. I quite like the anonymity of it, ha.

Also, I really like the new banner that's been designed and can't wait to start using it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 5, 2014 11:34 pm  #65

I'm still planning to make a few tweaks, including trying other fonts as suggested. I may also have a vague idea for an alternative banner. I don't want to stop you from using this one right away, but it might not be such a bad idea to have at least two that we let the members vote on. Just my two cents, cause it's your forum after all.

Board footera