BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2014 6:40 pm  #21

Re: Mary, a Holmes?

Assuming the writers keep to Conan-Doyle's story, Mary will die and John will move back into 221B. In the books it is never revealed how she died so the writers of "Sherlock" have a wide open field in which to spin their tale.
Information such as the elder Holmes's time in america and Mary's american connections are not added  just to fill out a script with words. They are calculated and discussed exhaustively.
I'll be very dissapointed if there are any anagrams involved

Last edited by Thinbeard (March 29, 2014 6:40 pm)

March 30, 2014 5:04 pm  #22

To date I have neglected to acknowledge SusiGo correctly pointing out the location of Sherlocks and Redbeards meeting. Assuming SusiGo is a woman, she has my thanks and my previous assertion is cheerfully withdrawn.

March 30, 2014 6:17 pm  #23

SusiGo says thank you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 2, 2014 4:37 am  #24

with storylines that get as complex as Moftiss' it is not outside the realm of possiblity for Mary to be a Holmes and for Janine to be a Moriarty, not sure if marrying John to a female Holmes is too smart of them, given the ship wars that go on though.  She is smarter than Sherlock at times in these episodes, and that has given me a lot of frustration with this episode, but if she's a Holmes it explains a lot.  I'll have to listen for the father quote, and re-watch.  When does Sherlock figure this out??  in Silver Blaze he figured out early on his first premise was wrong, but he NEVER let on to even John until  the denouement, but he was so dumbfounded when he realized his error at first he sat frozen til John got his attention.  when CAM says,  'Wish your family were here to see this'  ..  Obviously she had a different family that something bad happened to??   lots of possibilities, but I actually would approve personally of her being a Holmes!!  what did Mycroft do.. he said he didn't let sentiment affect him in regards to the other one... hmmm  sorry for the choppiness it's made my mind spin a bit

Board footera