BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2015 7:54 pm  #121

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Benedict is going to be there.  I shall weep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 9, 2015 7:54 pm  #122

The prices are INSANE! 

The cheapest on day pass costs £29

Saturday Entry Ticket Saturday Entry ticket includes:

- Entry to SHERLOCKED on Saturday 25th April 2015.

Autographs, photo shoots and talks may be available to purchase on the day for a set fee in addition to this ticket. (Due to time restrictions, Benedict Cumberbatch in person autographs are only available to those with Platinum or VIP tickets. Photo shoots with Benedict will be available to purchase on a first come, first served basis)
Then you have the weekend pass at £44

Weekend Entry TicketWeekend Entry ticket includes:

- Entry to all open days (Friday 24th Preview evening, Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th April 2015)

- A selection of SHERLOCKED Event Merchandise including:
- Official Event Poster
- 4 exclusive SHERLOCKED trading cards
- Official Event Badge

Merchandise goody bag to be collected at the event.

Autographs, photo shoots and talks may be available to purchase on the day for a set fee in addition to this ticket. (Due to time restrictions, Benedict Cumberbatch in person autographs are only available to those with Platinum or VIP tickets. Photo shoots with Benedict will be available to purchase on a first come, first served basis)

[size=125]Silver event pass for £125[/size]

Silver Event PackageSilver Entry ticket includes:

- Entry to all open days (Friday 24th Preview evening, Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th April 2015)
- 5 pre-assigned individual Photo Shoots with guests selected by the event organisers (Taken in our studio by a professional photographer, one 6x9 print of each photo will be available immediately)

- 1 x A professional photo shoot of you on one of the Sherlock sets. (set to be revealed soon)

- Exclusive Art Print
- Official Event Poster
- Official Event Badge

Gold event pass for £295

Gold Event PackageGold Entry ticket includes:

- 1 pre-signed autograph from the Lead Guest(s) (This will be a 10x8 print pre-signed before the event and found in your goodie bag)
- 5 pre-assigned in person autographs selected by the event organisers on an item of your choosing. Does not include lead guests. (A selection of 10x8 prints will be available to choose from should you wish to use them. Any extra autographs may be available for a set fee.)
- 1 individual Photo Shoot with each attending guests (Taken in our studio by a professional photographer, one 6x9 print of each photo will be available immediately)
- 1 x A professional photo shoot of you on one of the Sherlock sets. (Set to be revealed soon)
- 1 ticket to a talk with each guest on the main stage (includes priority access to seats before Silver and Weekend ticket types)
- 1 ticket to any official event parties
- Priority entry to autograph queues by ticket number after VIP and Platinum ticket holders. (Queues will be managed in order of the ticket type and number found on your pass.)

- Exclusive Art Print
- Official Event Poster
- Limited Edition SHERLOCKED event bag
- Official Event Badge

Platinum event pass for £595

Platinum Event PackagePlatinum Entry ticket includes:

- 1 In person autograph from all attending guests (to be collected by yourself on an item of your choosing. A selection of 10x8 prints will be available to choose from should you wish to use them. Any extra autographs may be available for a set fee)
- 1 individual Photo Shoot with each attending guests (Taken in our studio by a professional photographer, one 6x9 print of each photo will be available immediately)
- 1 x A professional photo shoot of you on one of the Sherlock sets. (Set to be revealed soon)
- 1 ticket to a talk with each guest on the main stage (includes priority access to seats before Gold, Silver and Weekend ticket types) 
- 1 ticket to a screening introduced by headline guest(s) (includes priority access to seats before Gold, Silver and Weekend ticket types)
- Priority entry to autograph and photo shoot queues by ticket number after VIP ticket holders. (Queues will be managed in order of the ticket type and number found on your pass.)

- Exclusive Art Print signed by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat.
- Official Event Show Guide
- Official Event T-Shirt (Please provide us with your size in the order and delivery comments box at the time of ordering. Choose from S, M, L, XL or XXL)
- Official Event Poster
- Full set of exclusive SHERLOCKED trading cards
- Official Event Lanyard
- Official Event Badge

And the VIP for £2295

VIP Event Sponsor PackageVIP Event Sponsor Package includes: 

- 2x In person autographs from all attending guests (to be collected by yourself on an item of your choosing. A selection of 10x8 prints will be available to choose from should you wish to use them. Any extra autographs may be available for a set fee)
- 2x individual Photo Shoots with each attending guests. (Taken in our studio by a professional photographer, one 6x9 print of each photo will be available immediately)
- 1 ticket to a talk with each guest on the main stage (includes priority access to seats before all other ticket types)
- 1 ticket to a screening introduced by headline guest(s) (includes priority access to seats before all other ticket types)
- 1 ticket to a drinks reception with selected guests. (Exclusive to VIP holders)
- 1 seat at the Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss round table chat.
- 1 ticket to an exclusive walk around the sets with production designer Arwel Jones
- Access to an exclusive VIP green room with complimentary refreshments.
- Priority access to all autograph and photo shoot queues.

- Exclusive Art Print signed by Benedict Cumberbatch, Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat.
- Official Event Show Guide
- Official Event T-Shirt (Please provide us with your size in the order and delivery comments box at the time of ordering. Choose from S, M, L, XL or XXL)
- Official Event Poster
- Official SHERLOCKED event jacket
- Full set of exclusive SHERLOCKED trading cards
- Official Event Lanyard
- Official Event Badge

Merchandise goody bag to be collected at the event

AND THE VIP IS SOLD OUT. I REPEAT. THE VIP IS SOLD OUT! HOW???

Last edited by Lazarus (February 9, 2015 7:59 pm)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 9, 2015 7:58 pm  #123

I was prepared to spend a bit of money, but not that amount of money. Seriously, this is ridiculous, I just decided not to go anymore since I don't want to support this nonsense.

PS: And cumberbatchweb informs us that the VIP package is already sold out. Wow. It must be so nice to be rich.

Last edited by Kerkerian (February 9, 2015 7:59 pm)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

February 9, 2015 8:24 pm  #124

Those prices are about what you'd pay for a big convention here in the US.

What really pisses me off is having to pay extra for autographs and photos.  Back when I was a frequent con goer in the late 80's to late 90's you NEVER had to pay for an autograph.  You might buy a particular photo or book you want signed but you could also bring your own things.  You stood in line and you got your autograph.  And if the guest was willing you could snap a photo right there.

I don't blame the guests themselves for this development.  I'm fairly certain the idea of charging for these things was started somewhere in management.  It just makes me sad and angry.

Now, If you'll excuse me I have some more weeping to do.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 9, 2015 8:40 pm  #125

Also this:TALKS:
There will be two talk stages at SHERLOCKED, the Main Stage (seated by ticket type and number) and the Second Stage (seated on a first come first served basis.)How much will talks cost?
Main Stage: Unless they are already included in your package, talk tickets will be around £10 to £25 per ticket.Second Stage: Free to all ticket/package holders on first come first served basis.

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 9, 2015 8:41 pm  #126

I wish to go, only for this: http://www.sherlocked.com/index.php/features/37-watson-army-doctor-display . You lucky people who get there, please make a full review with tons of details about that! I was hoping we get this info in an episode or in a book, if they go to put it in convention, than i can scrap this wish from my list of "the things they really have to put in the series" . Why they put one of the most interesting part, who can greatly explain one of the main character in a convention and not in the film itself? Sniffff....

February 9, 2015 8:47 pm  #127

I suppose the VIP tickets are already sold out because there only have been about a dozen or so in the first place. Certainly not more tickets than they can put seats in the first row for the guest talks, because that's where all the VIP ticket holders will be seated.
Nevertheless: It's all totally insane.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 9, 2015 8:57 pm  #128

Actually £29 for a day ticket and £44 for a weekend ticket is really reasonable. I pay that much to attend MCM twice a year and that's not even a themed con, whereas this is. Yeah, the packages where you actually get to meet the stars and get your photographs taken and stuff are extortionate and crazy, but if you just want to go to soak up the atmosphere, meet some fans, have a walk round and see the displays and maybe catch a glimpse of the actors if you're lucky, then I don't think it's that bad.

Anyway, I can't actually go on the Friday and Saturday, but I've booked myself a Sunday ticket. I'm really excited about seeing that John Watson display so will be sure to take plenty of pictures and share.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 9, 2015 9:03 pm  #129

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

. I'm really excited about seeing that John Watson display so will be sure to take plenty of pictures and share.

And for this Sir, you will have my gratitude for ever 

February 9, 2015 9:07 pm  #130

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Anyway, I can't actually go on the Friday and Saturday, but I've booked myself a Sunday ticket. I'm really excited about seeing that John Watson display so will be sure to take plenty of pictures and share.

Oh yes, please, we'll love you for that!

My main grudge is that it's so difficult to get to see the most interesting stuff like the talks, for example, if people with VIP/platinum/gold tickets get to go in first. It'll be insane, and even more so if it's first come, first serve. And of course, what Tonnaree said; I know it seems customary to pay extra for certain things nowadays, but it's still silly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

February 9, 2015 9:16 pm  #131

I agree. When I first saw the day and weekend ticket prices I was thinking it was very resonable! But then, as I continued reading I could feel it slipping further and further away. Pay extra for the talks, for autographs, and what not. And that the people who can afford to pay hundereds of pounds will get all the goods..it just feels wrong =/ Can't help but to think of the much younger people who are fans and will not have the chanse to go cuz of crazy prizes...

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 9, 2015 9:24 pm  #132

"Money, money, money, must be funny, in the richman´s world..."

Maybe they want only the princes and princesses and richest capitalists attending, not us little commoners... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 9, 2015 10:27 pm  #133

Wow, the first reaction from the fans concerning those prices are... priceless! 

http://benedictcumberbatchsgirlfriend.tumblr.com/post/110566023795/sherlock-fans-react-to-the-3000-ticket-for

Even first parodies exist already:

Not that I don´t agree with them. If I had 3000 pounds laying around just like that, I´d pay me a cruise around a world, not just a puny little con... 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 10, 2015 1:25 am  #134

If I had a spare 3K, I probably would spend it on the con. But not if 3K was the ONLY money I had.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 10, 2015 8:02 am  #135

I wouldn´t. It´s simply too much money.

February 10, 2015 10:12 am  #136

I only discovered that event yesterday by accident. After I saw the prices for the VIP and Platinum packages I just had to laugh because it's so ridiculous. But to meet Benedict is really a motivator. I had to consult my pillow last night. I wasn't sleeping very well. But this morning I decided to buy at least the Gold package. I have the money right now for that and maybe I will never meet him in person because I live in Germany. With this package I at least will get an autograph of him (not in person but I really don't need that so much) and I will get a photograph with all attending guests including Benedict. I'm really excited right now. I also booked a hotel near the venue and a flight ticket. I can't wait till then! It will be my first convention.

Last edited by Steph (February 10, 2015 10:13 am)

February 10, 2015 10:21 am  #137

You are the brave one.

Wish you a good time and a wonderful adventure on the convention then. (And I hope you would share your impressions from the con with us here on the forum.)

February 10, 2015 10:54 am  #138

Thank you, nahahara!

Will somebody of the forum attend the convention, too? I would like to meet someone there.

Last edited by Steph (February 10, 2015 11:15 am)

February 10, 2015 11:54 am  #139

Steph, great to have the german fandom represented at the convention! 

If i woul live in London or near, i would have bought the normal tickets. I think it would be fun to meet other fans of the shows. I don't need autographs or pics with the actors. I would have loved to see what they come with the Watson exposition and to see the set.

Well, i stay happy with my Chronicles book and waiting for midonz book about the technicals aspects of the show. Sadly, having a family makes other priorities right now for my money.

February 10, 2015 12:57 pm  #140

I think this sort of pricing is similar to the Star Trek conventions.   I'm not sure whether to be outraged, or to be pleased that people who have the money are able to pay for a guaranteed photo, signature, etc.  I've no idea how much these events cost to run or what the people are paid and whether it's a fair price or not.  The VIP price does sound laughable, though. 

Board footera