BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2017 4:28 pm  #921

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

The sticky note for my daughter really touched me.  Like I said, the lines are long and there is a strict one autograph per person.  Everyone gets their moment with the guest but you're not suppose to hog their time.  But Andrew took an extra moment himself for my girl.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 3, 2017 4:36 pm  #922

I instantly feel better...Andrew.
Oh Tonnaree that is lovely...you held it together well and were richly rewarded.
I hope your girl treasures that note!

Last edited by besleybean (June 3, 2017 4:39 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 3, 2017 4:46 pm  #923

What a lovely account you had with him! Andrew always sounds like such a great man when I hear fans talk about meeting him! I'm glad you had the chance Tonnaree!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 3, 2017 5:43 pm  #924

Wow, that must have been amazing. He sounds absolutely fantastic!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 4, 2017 6:43 pm  #925

What a lovely memory to have! Thanks for sharing your con experience again, tonnaree, it's a pleasure to read.

Clueing for looks.

June 4, 2017 9:49 pm  #926

I'm so happy for you Tonnaree! Thank you for sharing the story of your wonderful encounter with Andrew. He is such a kind and gentle soul. 

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

June 4, 2017 10:36 pm  #927

Oh, Andrew makes the best fan-memories!

June 6, 2017 1:27 pm  #928

More convention thoughts.

The final gathering for the convention Sunday evening was a "quiz show" involving all the guests.
Huge fun!  Everyone has a great sense of humor and Jonathan and Alistair are total cut ups.

The teams were Mark, Una, Sue and Alistair on one, and Steven, Arwel, Jonathan and Andrew on the other.  Louis Moffit sat in the middle to keep score.
(this is important  )
They had to choose team names.  Mark's group called themselves "The Baker Street Irregulars.  When Steven was asked the name of his group he replied "the name of our group is Small Children will Die if we are Not Victorious."   LMAO   The face Louis made was precious.  It became a running joke that Louis's life was on the line every time Steven's group lost a round.

Here are some clips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH7VvWEmEvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqovzGBzw64

One question was "What was the first animal to be cast on BBC Sherlock."
Alistair immediately said "Rupert Graves"!!!!!

At the end of it all there was a tie so they called out Tim Carlton to decide who won.  He couldn't decide so he called out Wanda to help.  Those two are so damn adorable.

Last edited by tonnaree (June 6, 2017 1:28 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 6, 2017 1:50 pm  #929

Wow, this sounds so lovely and fun. Will have a look at the videos. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 6, 2017 2:49 pm  #930

Thanks for the clips - it looks like it was a lot of fun!  Jonathan Aris is so funny!  Steven's name for his team is exactly the sort of name I'd imagine him picking! 

June 6, 2017 3:06 pm  #931

Indeed what does that mean???????
series 4 - "but did you know what it was about?"

Does that mean she found series 4 confusing and Wanda asked the fans if they thought so, too?
But would she so openly mock the entire show? I don't think so... All in all, I think the creators (and the inner circle of cast and crew) are all decent people... none of them would say bad things behind each others backs openly in public.
If she said, she was so surprised to have a daughter, does that mean, in truth she hasn't got a daughter at all? Meaning Eurus somehow doesn't really exist?

What does she mean "what it was about"? Series 4 was about Sherlock and John, right? As usual? About their development? Or that where we see them, they are now at the beginning? That there is more to follow? But how can she know? In the past, Mark and Steven were talking only to each other, none of the cast knew what was about to happen in the plot. Not even Ben or Martin, surely even less Wanda Ventham! So I really don't know what this is about? 

Last edited by Rache (June 6, 2017 3:08 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

June 6, 2017 3:27 pm  #932

Rache wrote:

Indeed what does that mean???????
series 4 - "but did you know what it was about?"

Does that mean she found series 4 confusing and Wanda asked the fans if they thought so, too?
But would she so openly mock the entire show? I don't think so... All in all, I think the creators (and the inner circle of cast and crew) are all decent people... none of them would say bad things behind each others backs openly in public.
If she said, she was so surprised to have a daughter, does that mean, in truth she hasn't got a daughter at all? Meaning Eurus somehow doesn't really exist?

What does she mean "what it was about"? Series 4 was about Sherlock and John, right? As usual? About their development? Or that where we see them, they are now at the beginning? That there is more to follow? But how can she know? In the past, Mark and Steven were talking only to each other, none of the cast knew what was about to happen in the plot. Not even Ben or Martin, surely even less Wanda Ventham! So I really don't know what this is about? 

Don't ask me, I burn with curiosity!!!!  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 6, 2017 4:17 pm  #933

As I said before, is there no possibility she just meant " did you understand what the heck was going on?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 6, 2017 4:56 pm  #934

Yes, my best guess is that she thought it was unfathomable and didn't want to offend Mark by saying so, but was curious if other people felt the same!   I have to admit, it was a bit of a "what just happened?" type of episode! 

June 6, 2017 9:28 pm  #935

Yes, it could be possible, I suppose. Although I do find it offending by hinting at it behind his back.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

June 6, 2017 9:41 pm  #936

Oh, those clips were hilarious - it must have been amazing to be there, tonnaree! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

June 6, 2017 9:44 pm  #937

Rache wrote:

Yes, it could be possible, I suppose. Although I do find it offending by hinting at it behind his back.

Well, going public with it would not have been better. We have no idea how Benedict and the other actors feel about the backlash against S4. They might be hurt. They might wonder whatever happened. So maybe Wanda said this as a mother and an actor who was involved in the show. It do not find it offensive. Mark has heard much worse about S4 and especially TFP. And he is usually not one to mince his words either. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 6, 2017 9:44 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 6, 2017 9:47 pm  #938

My first thought was actually that she couldn't say what it was really about, because Mark was sitting right over there... then again, I've probably spend too much time reading too much conspiracies. 

Team Hudders!

June 6, 2017 9:50 pm  #939

My first reaction was positive as well and I still think she might have been hinting at something. Anyway, I do not find it offensive. Either she gave us a little hint or she was baffled by the episode herself. 

June 7, 2017 3:19 am  #940

Vhanja wrote:

My first thought was actually that she couldn't say what it was really about, because Mark was sitting right over there... then again, I've probably spend too much time reading too much conspiracies. 

Same here! (Including the part about conspiracies.;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera