BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2016 9:19 pm  #681

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Thank you for the links! I know what I'll do tomorrow! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 1, 2016 9:20 pm  #682

It'll be a day well spent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 1, 2016 10:11 pm  #683

I know.
It's even worse than with pap pix...I feel so guilty, but I still look and watch!
The again, I don't tend to post links.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 1, 2016 10:16 pm  #684

Paparazzi photos.

October 1, 2016 10:44 pm  #685

Honestly, as much as I hate pap pictures, I don't really mind them in a situation like this. It is an official meeting and not invading anyone's privacy. I also cannot see any significant damage for the makers, as long as they don't intend to release any official records. I wish I hadn't that built-in obedience chip in my brain that protected me from doing some records myself.

As for controlling, nowadays you cannot see if someone is taking pictures (which was allowed) or filming.

October 2, 2016 7:14 am  #686

On the public/ private thing, I agree.
With events like these, the film rights technically belong to the event organisers and of course they may want to edit.
Though for some of us, the outtakes may prove the best part:  Mark's Mumbai interview being a case in point.
But yes, even saying that, it's not the same as taking an unsolicited photo at a private moment.

October 2, 2016 11:12 am  #687

Lautrela, I actually have to thank you - it's a great pic and it's a proof of something important: I gave Arwel a little something for his prop collection and he said I shall keep my eyes open in the future. I love this guy to pieces. We are both completely nuts.

On an event like this you cannot avoid being in someone's picture. I even made it into YouTube, despite my attempts to avoid the guy with the big camera obviously being a pro on a mission for organizers.
If someone posted my pic with my name somewhere on the net without permission, I would mind, but I'm an old lady with a bit outdated paranoia. Today nobody seem to mind such things.

October 2, 2016 11:44 am  #688

Arwel is another darling...
Well there is a photo of me(unintentionally) photobombing Benedict, during a filming break for S3 filming.

October 2, 2016 11:46 am  #689

It is hilarious, but it's just out in the ether somewhere...

October 18, 2016 3:51 pm  #690

I have a question to those that were there: I read that there was a Q&A or panel about the unaired pilot. Can you tell me something about it? Did you go? Is there a transcript? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 18, 2016 4:09 pm  #691

Thank you. Lily, if you are reading this it would be lovely if you could tell me about it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 18, 2016 6:07 pm  #692

220 days until SHERLOCKED USA.
Not that I'm excited or anything.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 18, 2016 6:10 pm  #693

Of course not!  I hadn't really thought about it until now, but Sherlocked USA will be after S4, which will mean LOTS of new stuff to discuss.  It should be very exciting!   I can't wait to read your detailed report which you will be writing (hint, hint)! 

October 18, 2016 6:31 pm  #694

Lautrela wrote:

OMG yesssss !!! I already booked my flight but I'm waiting to have more informations on the event to book my hotel room.

We will have to meet up at some point Lautrela. 
Have you already bought your convention tickets?  What level did you buy?

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 18, 2016 6:54 pm  #695

I chose the Gold Level because it's suppose to give you reserved seats in all the panels and autographs/photos with all the guests.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 18, 2016 7:16 pm  #696

There is no difference between Baker Street tickets and Diogenes Club tickets as far as what you get.
What's different is what day and time you will get your photos and autographs.
They are only using the two different groups to help organize things.
I'm in the Baker Street group. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 19, 2016 11:09 am  #697

October 19, 2016 11:58 am  #698

THEY HAD THE DOG!
They had Redbeard!
That's just fabulous!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 1, 2016 7:06 pm  #699

Lautrela wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

There is no difference between Baker Street tickets and Diogenes Club tickets as far as what you get.
What's different is what day and time you will get your photos and autographs.
They are only using the two different groups to help organize things.
I'm in the Baker Street group. 

I BOOKED MY GOLDEN TICKET  !! I'M BAKER STREET TOOOO YAY !!! *throw glitters everywhere hysterically*

We should Que up together!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 5, 2016 2:29 pm  #700

They announced Andrew!    WhooHoo!!!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera