BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2015 4:09 pm  #241

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Lol, cool picture!

(I still feel a bit sorry for the actors having to these photo sessions, though).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 25, 2015 4:13 pm  #242

Yes, me too, but on the other hand, they get nice pay for it, most of them look like they enjoy it and they get to meet their fans.... so it´s not so bad for them. 

And this is crazily wicked - St. Bart´s cosplay! I can´t.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 25, 2015 4:23 pm  #243

Wow, that is... 

Yes, that's what it is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 25, 2015 4:28 pm  #244

I found more details on Benedict´s panel:

http://cantpronounce.tumblr.com/post/117337560250/benedicts-talk-at-sherlock

Absolutely loved his answer on how he´s different from Sherlock: he´s softer and he does not live with a man! WOW! 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 25, 2015 4:32 pm  #245

nakahara wrote:

I found more details on Benedict´s panel:

http://cantpronounce.tumblr.com/post/117337560250/benedicts-talk-at-sherlock

Absolutely loved his answer on how he´s different from Sherlock: he´s softer and he does not live with a man! WOW! 

... and then adding. "Well, not now". What? 

Sounds lovely, though!

Team Hudders!

April 25, 2015 4:39 pm  #246

I'm hoping that he meant John's going to move back in .

April 25, 2015 4:41 pm  #247

Ooooh, I so hope you´re right! 

April 25, 2015 4:56 pm  #248

Oh yes, it seems that Lars as well as Rupert are having lots of fun.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 25, 2015 5:07 pm  #249

Una and Louise were lovely too:

April 25, 2015 5:08 pm  #250

Those two are soooo adorable...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 25, 2015 5:21 pm  #251

So much good stuff coming out of the con this morning!  They are teasing us so very hard.  

Just my opinion but I think people need to chill out about the John Watson display.  For one thing so many people are bringing up the ticket prices in the same discusion about the display.  Let's not forget that the BIG PRICE tickets were only for the meet the stars events.  There was a basic weekend memebership that was very affordablely priced.  So no, people didn't pay thoughsands of dollars JUST to see some crappy exhibit.

Also, this is the first OFFICIAL BBC SHERLOCK convention.  Totally devoted to this show and it's team.  Mistakes will be made but I hope that overall the whole weekend is a sucess because I want them to continue to do stuff like this for the fans.  This first con will be analyzed and reivewed to see where improvements can be made.  What did the fans love?  What didn't go over well?  How can we make this a better experiance.

There will always be something negative to find and people who prefer to dwell on it.  I prefer to think of all the good things that can come out of this convention and how it can make fandom even better.

/end rant/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 25, 2015 5:22 pm  #252

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 25, 2015 5:24 pm  #253

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 25, 2015 5:36 pm  #254

April 25, 2015 5:38 pm  #255

So jealous *cough* I meant happy for those who get to attend this! It seems like an awesome time!

and GAH about the teasing, that's just cruel!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2015 5:46 pm  #256

nakahara wrote:

So he was definitely not selfish at the end of HLV:

http://cantpronounce.tumblr.com/post/117330908695/benedict-sherlock-shot-magnussen-to-save-mary-and

Btw, I read a post stating that Benedict first said Sherlock shot Magnussen "out of love" and then added the above quote. Just saying. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 25, 2015 5:50 pm  #257

SusiGo wrote:

nakahara wrote:

So he was definitely not selfish at the end of HLV:

http://cantpronounce.tumblr.com/post/117330908695/benedict-sherlock-shot-magnussen-to-save-mary-and

Btw, I read a post stating that Benedict first said Sherlock shot Magnussen "out of love" and then added the above quote. Just saying. 

You were right the first time Ben.  No explination needed.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 25, 2015 5:50 pm  #258

His love for Mary, Susi, his love for Mary...
* gnawing remote control *
Btw, Clare and Rebecca are there and have met him yet again! They have lovely pics on their twitter accounts, also with Rupert and Andrew.
Wish they would drop by again some time and report.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 25, 2015 6:00 pm  #259

I remember, saying her name when waking up, the two should have got married and all that. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 25, 2015 6:06 pm  #260

So, what do we name that ship? 'Smarry'? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera