BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2015 9:08 pm  #181

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

Is there anything to find on the Website? I can't find anything. Do you know when the sale starts, Lilythiell?

EDIT - Found it already...

Last edited by Miss Sherlock Watson (March 13, 2015 9:19 pm)

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"No! We are never playing that again!"
"Why not?"
"Because it is not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock! That's why."
"It was the only possible solution!"
"It's not in the rules."
"Then the rules are wrong!"

March 13, 2015 9:18 pm  #182

Yep, it will start next Wednesday (18th March), at 7pm

Not to worry if you can't find anything just yet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 13, 2015 9:21 pm  #183

Thanks! I'll try my luck....

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"Because it is not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock! That's why."
"It's not in the rules."

March 13, 2015 9:26 pm  #184

Miss Sherlock Watson wrote:

Thanks! I'll try my luck....

Break a leg

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 17, 2015 7:33 pm  #185

Friendly remember that tomorrow's Wednesday,
and that we'll be able to (try) get tickets for photo shoots

More guests confirmed just this afternoon : Lara Pulver, The Wonderful Louise Brealey, Clive Mantle (Dr. Frankland in HoB) and Lisa Coyle (Miss Sutherland in TEH).
[fangirling intensifies]

March 17, 2015 7:35 pm  #186

It seems Martin and Amanda will not be there according to this tweet. Sorry to all who hoped to see him/them at the convention. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 17, 2015 7:36 pm  #187

Christmas is cancelled. I was hoping to see them

March 17, 2015 8:36 pm  #188

So sorry. I do not know the reasons but many fans will be disappointed.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 17, 2015 8:48 pm  #189

I am not asking for reasons -and for someone else than them to know why even less.
It is nice of you to have shared that tweet, thank you for that. 
Indeed, I expect that many (all?) fans will be disappointed, but...that is part of what being a fan entails, doesn't it? (Though the only thing that has disappointed me in the Sherlock fandom was the excruciating wait between series...but it is SO worth it...!)

At least, if they end up popping in, they will make many a fan happy.
My motto is to never hope for something good to happen -so when something bad happens, your spirits are not (too) low; and if something good happens, you will not be disappointed/crushed/(insert bad feeling here) and enjoy the good news even more.

March 17, 2015 8:57 pm  #190

Very good attitude if you ask me. And there are a lot of great guests. I like that they also include creative people like Arwel and Danny Hargreaves.

March 17, 2015 9:11 pm  #191

SusiGo wrote:

like that they also include creative people like Arwel and Danny Hargreaves.

I went to the Doctor Who Celebration for the 50th anniversary and attended an SFX show presented by Danny Hargreaves -it was so interesting! It seems so easy when he talks about it! Then again, I suppose one could say the same for anyone who is passionate about something. I can't begin to say how glad I am people like him work on Sherlock, and actively participate in bringing us an excellent quality show

I think it is wonderful to have so many guests, and to include secondary characters. Especially as these characters are rather important in the narration of the story!

[Oh, wait, Sherlocked email. Hang on a sec, I'll copy/paste it here. Just a reminder of what's going on sale tomorrow, but it might interest people.]

March 17, 2015 9:12 pm  #192

Photo Shoot & Talk Ticket Prices
Find below the prices for the first batch of Photo Shoots and Talks taking place with the guests at next month's SHERLOCKED: The Official Sherlock Convention.
Tickets for these go on sale from 7pm on Wednesday 18th March.  Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis, and if you already have photo shoots in your package, you are able to purchase an additional shoot. 
We would advise anyone buying a photo shoot ticket to ensure they also purchase an entrance ticket, if you do not already have one, as you can not access the photo shoot area without one.
More photo shoots and talk tickets will be released closer to the event.

Photo Shoot Prices
Benedict Cumberbatch (Saturday Only)               £45
Andrew Scott                                                         £35
Mark Gatiss                                                            £20
Lara Pulver (Sunday Only)                                     £TBC
Rupert Graves                                                        £20
Louise Brealey                                                       £15
Lars Mikkelsen                                                       £20
Jonathan Aris                                                         £15
Clive Mantle                                                            £10
Alistair Petrie                                                          £10
Elizabeth Coyle                                                       £10
Louise Breckon-Richards                                      £10 

Talk Ticket Prices - 221b
Main Stage

SATURDAY
Benedict Cumberbatch                             £35
Andrew Scott                                            £20
Lars Mikkelsen & Rupert Graves
*           £25
Louise Brealey, Jonathan Aris, Alistair Petrie & Louise Breckon-Richards            £20 

SUNDAY 
Andrew Scott & Mark Gatiss                   £35
Rupert Graves & Jonathan Aris              £25
Ladies of Sherlock
*                                £30 
* FREE Steven Moffat & Mark Gatiss Creators Talk with this ticket 

A full schedule of activities taking place over the weekend of SHERLOCKED, that includes both talk areas, will be released very soon - featuring an exclusive Danny Hargreaves SFX Show, behind the scenes talks, an Ultimate Fan Quiz, Cosplay Parades and much more, and these activities will be free of charge.

Last edited by Lilythiell (March 17, 2015 9:19 pm)

March 18, 2015 11:09 am  #193

Wow, impressive group of guests!

I even see Clive Mantle (Mr. Frankland from THOB) who I remember even from my childhood, when he portrayed the best "Little John" in that perfect TV series, "Robin of Sherwood". Didn´t recognise him without the beard.

Oh, the memories!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 18, 2015 11:51 am  #194

Part of me really hates the way conventions go these days.  I went to a lot of conventions in the 80's and early 90's and you never paid extra for photos or autographs or talks.  Everything was included in the price of the convention memebership.  Of course in those days they didn't have the professional photo thing set up.  You stood in line to meet someone and then just politely ask for a photo and took it yourself.  I don't know why things changed but it makes me kinda sad.

*sigh*

Oh well, there won't be any STARS at 221bcon but I look forward to frolicing with many fellow Sherlockians.

Last edited by tonnaree (March 18, 2015 11:52 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 18, 2015 3:20 pm  #195

nakahara, thanks for those pics! This is amazing, I absolutely loved this show, but I never would have recognized him!

tonnaree, yes, times obviously have changed. The Star Trek conventions I went to in the 90's didn't have extra prices for photos, autographs or the panels, either. Those clearly were different times. I guess that's how things work these days, it's obviously a whole business now surrounding those conventions. There are whole companies out there which do nothing else but organize conventions of all sorts.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 18, 2015 7:41 pm  #196

Oh my god - my hands are still trembling...

I made it - I'm going to see Benedict! I ordered a fotoshoot and a talk! I'm so happy, I can't think properly...
This will be the most exciting weekend of my whole life!

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"Why not?"
"It's not in the rules."

March 18, 2015 7:54 pm  #197

Congratulations!
I bet you are excited! This is so great!

March 18, 2015 9:45 pm  #198

I actually think it's pretty awesome that Martin and Amanda aren't taking part. They're too good for this shit, lol.

Anyway, I booked myself a photo op with Alistair Petrie (Sholto), because I'm going to be in Army John cosplay and it was just too much of an opportunity to miss! I want us to both salute for the photograph, if he's up for it.

I've also booked for the Ladies of Sherlock talk, which means I get a free ticket to the Moffat & Gatiss cretators talk.

I'm SOOOOOO hyped up for this now. Been shopping for my cosplay online tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 18, 2015 10:01 pm  #199

Ha, Sherlock, you will be in tune with the "WATSON : BEFORE SHERLOCK" exhibition I think!
It always amazes me when people know who they're going to cosplay, and how...
I just know I want to cosplay, but whom is the eternal question. I think I'd like to cosplay Molly (easy). Or BakerStreet!John (tea and jumpers!).
Possibly Sherlock, but what prevents me is that Sherlock is a bit clever (yes, I'm in euphemisms mode) and...I don't feel up to it...[Maybe I could about it with my drama instructor...]

March 18, 2015 11:17 pm  #200

I hope you all have a good time there and bring us many reports back! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera