BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2012 3:53 pm  #81

Re: List your favourite episodes in order

1. The Reichenbach Fall
2. A Study in Pink
3. The Great Game
4. The Hounds of Baskerville
5. The Blind Baker
6. A Scandal in Belgravia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 9, 2012 4:17 pm  #82

1.  The Reichenbach Fall.
2.   The Great Game.
3.   The hounds of Baskerville.
4.   A Study in Pink.
5.   A Scandal in Belgravia.
6.   The Blind Banker.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 6:22 pm  #83

Is anyone figuring out which episodes end up in which position most often? Well...you know what I mean.

October 9, 2012 6:31 pm  #84

I've seen some surprising results!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 9, 2012 10:13 pm  #85

Maybe I should pool all the results and start keeping a record,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 9, 2012 10:35 pm  #86

Hound
Fall
Pink
Woman
Game
Banker

Probably the only one with Hound as my favorite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 9, 2012 10:38 pm  #87

Reichenbach
Pink
Hound
Belgravia
Game (except the very last scene is one of my favorites of all)
Banker

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

October 10, 2012 12:03 am  #88

I think Fall and Pink are the most popular for favourites....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 10, 2012 4:47 am  #89

1. A Study in Pink
2. Reichenbach Fall
3-5 , a three-way-tie:
       Hounds of Baskerville
       A Great Game
       A Scandal in Belgravia
6. A Blind Banker

... sometimes my emotional attachment stands on the way/ or balances/ my understanding of the quality of an episode. For example, I am quite attached to "Hounds of Baskerville", though I see its shortcomings, and the quasi-romance in "A Scandal' leaves me cold, though I acknowledge that the episode is composed superbly. Thus the tie. But even in the "Banker", the least favorite, there is much to be enjoyed.

Last edited by deerstalker (October 10, 2012 4:57 am)

October 14, 2012 2:01 am  #90

Right now, here's the order I put them in:

TRF
ASIP
HOB
ASIB
TGG
TBB

But Reichenbach and Pink are almost tied, with Hounds and Scandal closely following.  For some unknown reason, Great Game doesn't really do anything for me (though it's still great) and, much as I love Chinese culture, Banker is too over-the-top and silly for me (though I do enjoy it--I just don't watch it nearly as much as the others).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

October 14, 2012 6:49 am  #91

1) The Reichenbach Fall
2) A Study in Pink
3) Hounds of Baskerville
4) The Great Game
5) Scandal in Blegravia
6) Blind Banker
Being the 1st and last, Pink and Reichenbach are bound to be favorites of most of the people and like somebody pointed out in the other thread that they both have a lot of similarities as well. I really enjoyed 'the chase' in both of them. Hounds of Baskerville is in the top order of my list because of its cinematography, and unusual setting. It was a kind of getaway for both Sherlock n John from the hustle and bustle of London and though they were on work, yet it seemed like they were on picnic...I liked the long drives, the splendid scenery and of course, the 'horror'. When i watched it for the first time, i was really scared during John's scene in the lab!!!
Although i didn't really understand what was happening in The great game, when i watched it for the first time, but i liked it coz of the shocking revelation of Moriarty! That was just brilliant. I didn't like Scandal much coz of the last scene, where Sherlock saved Irene's life..i think that was unnecessary.. made the whole thing appear very kiddish
They should've just shown that Sherlock can't give in to the charms of any criminal/dominatrix no matter how hard she tried. Rather, he goes all the way to Karachi to save a criminal's life and also risking his own life. That was just too filmy for the character of Sherlock i guess

Last edited by monitaa (October 14, 2012 6:59 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

October 14, 2012 11:05 am  #92

Pink
Woman
Fall
Game
Hound
Banker

P.S. can't believe I signed up just to respond to this topic!

October 20, 2012 3:18 pm  #93

It surprises me that so many people chose ASIP as their most favourite episode... I like it too, but I prefer the episodes of the second season a much more!

My ranking:

1. A Scandal In Belgravia
2. The Reichenbach Fall
3. The Hounds Of Baskerville
4. A Study In Pink
5. The Great Game
6. The Blind Banker

Last edited by carrot (October 20, 2012 3:18 pm)

November 2, 2012 9:30 pm  #94

1. The Reichenbach Fall
2. A Study In Pink
3. The Great Game
4. The Hounds Of Baskerville
5. The Blind Banker
6. A Scandal In Belgravia

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

Board footera