BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 18, 2012 5:51 pm  #41

Re: List your favourite episodes in order

If she hasn't seen any of Sherlock, I'd go with A study in Pink.

If you both are rewatching... well, I'd say Reichenbach, all the way 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 18, 2012 5:56 pm  #42

Yeah, she's my ONLY friend who likes Sherlock but, boy does she make up for it! We'll probably watch TRF and pause it frame by frame (collecting ALL the clues!)

We were going to watch a study in pink but I've watched 5 times already and only watched Reichenbach ONCE (I know, it's awful  )!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 18, 2012 6:55 pm  #43

good choice Molly!    Especially since it's been a while since you've seen TRF.   Have fun!

Here in the U.S.,   TRF  is finally being broadcast this weekend.   I'm going to watch again,  and hope the cuts they make aren't too awful.

May 18, 2012 6:57 pm  #44

they make CUTS?!?

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 18, 2012 7:19 pm  #45

Yes, unfortunately, the series is broadcast in the states on PBS,  within the framework of the ongoing 'Masterpiece Mystery' series,  which means they need to make room for some ads at the very beginning,  and an introduction by the host, Alan Cummings.   So up to 8 minutes are cut from each episode.    Fortunately these are chosen by the Sherlock producers, and NOT PBS,  which means they are supposedly chosen by those who are in a position to know what would cause the least damage.   

For the thread for what was cut from A Scandal in Belgravia,   see:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=650

May 18, 2012 8:12 pm  #46

Make sure you have tissues handy!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 18, 2012 9:06 pm  #47

Good choice, Molly. I think I've watched Pink more times than Reichenbach also. Pink deserves it, but Reichenbach NEEDS several rewatchings. It gets better and better each time.

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 18, 2012 9:10 pm  #48

I dont know if anyone has seen this or if you want to see it but its about series three.
Oh and I didnt know were to put it

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/news/a379762/sherlock-series-three-details-revealed-by-mark-gatiss.html

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

May 18, 2012 9:10 pm  #49

My heart always goes to my throat when Sherlock jumps, even though you know the ending you're kind of hoping that he won't do it!

I love the bit with the crown jewels! who knew old Mori was into his Ballet?!

May 18, 2012 9:15 pm  #50

The dance is just outrageous isn't it. Andrew Scott is a right little genius at times!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 18, 2012 9:32 pm  #51

LOVE the bit with the fire-extinguisher (so well timed!)

May 18, 2012 9:41 pm  #52

In Reichenbach I love all Moriarty's scenes:

- the crown jewels is a brilliant example of great editing and wonderful and genious acting. And Rossini helps a lot.
- the trial scene... just the way he nods at Sherlock as he is talking about the spider...
- tea at 221b is amazing, both of them are absolutely great, but Moriarty's lines are the best (and how does Andrew deliver them, wow): You should see me in a crown... I could blow up NATO in alphabetical order... aren't ordinary people adooooooreable... I.O.U.
- Sir Boast-a-lot is for me probably the best scene of this episode. The editing is superb and the way Moriarty tells the story... well, he's the storyteller 
- The scene at Kitty's appartment... I think I don't need to explain. Brilliance in every frame. First time I saw it, I almost believed him. I know it sounds weird, but knowing Moffat and Co I was for a moment about to believe Sherlock was a real fake. It didn't last long, you know, but for a second I just... well, he had me.
- And the rooftop... no comments.

So, after this rant, I can only say... BAFTA for Scott!! (forgive me, Mr Freeman, please, forgive me)

May 18, 2012 9:44 pm  #53

I like the bit when Sherlock and John are on the run (I so did not expect that!)

May 18, 2012 9:49 pm  #54

I loved Lestrade in this episode,  and how conflicted he is when they attempt to bring Sherlock in.    Just love him.

May 18, 2012 11:06 pm  #55

jenosborn wrote:

I loved Lestrade in this episode,  and how conflicted he is when they attempt to bring Sherlock in.    Just love him.

That and... "Not my division!" One of his funniest lines, along with "it's a drugs bust" and "they're not strictly speaking on the drug squad, but they were very keen" 
Now seriously, Lestrade's conflict in Reichenbach is greatly portrayed, not only in the writing way, but specially thanks to Rupert Graves' work.

Damn, now I want to watch Reichenbach again... 

What an amazing wonderful cast. Don't you think every single one of them fits perfectly in their roles?

May 19, 2012 2:08 am  #56

Uh, that's hard.
I guess:
1. The Reichenbach Fall (because of emotions and stuff)
2. The Great Game (because MORIARTY)
3. A Study in Pink/ A Scandal in Belgravia
4. ASIP/ASIB (can't really decide because although ASIP is great I didn't like the murderer/the solution and although I don't like Irene Adler ASIB is just a GREAT movie)
5. The Hounds of Baskerville (although I have only seen it once, maybe I'll change my mind after rewatching)
6. The Blind Banker (because I don't think it's bad - but it IS the weakest one)

All in all, everything with Moriarty is great. And all the Johnlock moments.

May 19, 2012 9:08 am  #57

Sammy wrote:

2. The Great Game (because MORIARTY)

Of course. The swimming pool scene is the greatest part of that episode. I wish I could watch it again for the first time. That moment when he shouts "that's what people DO!!" froze my blood...

May 19, 2012 9:14 am  #58

I will skeeeen you (now that IS evil!)

May 19, 2012 9:19 am  #59

Molly Hooper wrote:

I will skeeeen you (now that IS evil!)

Oh, yes... that too... it froze my blood (again). And then "I will make you into shoes". 

But those two are from Scandal. Watching The Great Game, the first moments of the swimming pool scene made me think Moriarty was something like a cartoon villain. Until... "that's what people DO!!" Then I realised this was no cartoon villain. I literally sank in my coach, I swear.

May 19, 2012 9:25 am  #60

I din't really hear him the first time as my friend was screaming at every syllable
(but she wouldn't watch the end of ASiB until I practically tied her to the sofa so that's nothing to go on!)

Board footera