BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2014 10:55 am  #1

What the what?

I just wanted to say Moffat has really outdone himself.  I am afflicted with the ability to know the plot of 98% of tv shows and movies by half way through character establishment - which is at best 10 minutes in.  Even the so called "surprise ending" ones.  1.99% takes me about half way through.  On a very rare occasion I will be surprised, which is a great treat believe me.

Well this episode surprised me at least 3 times, completely. Hats off to Moffat, he really is perhaps the best writer working in television right now.
Add the dazzling acting by the likes of Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch and Andrew Scott plus the modern and creative directing. I really hope the entertainment industry will acknowledge this show by heaping upon it a nice pile of awards for all involved top to bottom.

Now how long do we have to wait until season 4?

February 4, 2014 11:08 am  #2

Re: What the what?

Well said! I was saying exactly the same through it!

Though I really didn't like Sherlock being shot....my poor baby injured

I'm clueing for looks

February 5, 2014 3:38 am  #3

Re: What the what?

Poster I agree. As a person that gave up on tv decades ago as banality and brain killing trash, I have seen very few made for tv series actually worth watching.
I was somewhat forced into watching Sherlock when BA lvl thesis on it became acceptable  (s01-s02), and so here I am , a huge fan.why?
There is much here to admire , both on the diamond bright surface and below in the murky fog. This is more than just another Doyle..reincarnation I think, we have Q's asked in a modern world, usually outside the Doyle box.
Often I find myself thinking,  do I expect too much from this show, that is afterall just tv, and slap myself. Why?
The answer to that is obvious , as here we all are as a society  , discussing the more and not just going squeee.
So agree...kudos to the writers and long may they continue.
However I do hope they do not sink into the...just tv / entertainment area as much of s03 did.
As a bridge into new areas it could become great..but as is , needs explaining/work b4 it joins its predecessors.

Last edited by lil (February 5, 2014 3:49 am)

Board footera