BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2014 3:35 pm  #1

Lestrade loves Molly

Am I the only one who thinks that Lestrade is really attracted to Molly?  He has been since ASiB when he saw her walk in to the Christmas party at Sherlock & John's apartment.  He was not happy to see "Tom" walk in with Molly in TEH when she announced her engagement.  He sat next to her at the wedding in the SoT - I think he's totally besotted, and I think it's adorable.

January 30, 2014 4:05 pm  #2

Re: Lestrade loves Molly

I'm not sure. I took a closer look at several scenes last time, but still....
But somehow I wish they might come together one day. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 30, 2014 4:42 pm  #3

I don't think he loves her but probably fancies her a bit!  And who knows, maybe something might eventually happen between the two of them. Similar lines of work. Both having to put up with Sherlock.  Actually, I wonder whether Sherlock would be best man at Lestrade's wedding too!!  Probably not, but fun to contemplate!

January 30, 2014 4:47 pm  #4

OK, love was a little strong - likes her though and is attracted.  And Molly is so oblivious, with eyes only for Sherlock.  She's not into Tom at all - you see that in the still of Sherlock posing with the maid of honor - she's not happy at all with how close they appear.

January 30, 2014 4:58 pm  #5

We all love Molly! 

January 30, 2014 4:59 pm  #6

dartmoordoggers wrote:

We all love Molly! 

Very true! I don't think anyone hates Molly!  How could they? She's too adorable!

January 31, 2014 12:50 am  #7

erica1064 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that Lestrade is really attracted to Molly?  He has been since ASiB when he saw her walk in to the Christmas party at Sherlock & John's apartment.  He was not happy to see "Tom" walk in with Molly in TEH when she announced her engagement.  He sat next to her at the wedding in the SoT - I think he's totally besotted, and I think it's adorable.

I noticed that when the camera cuts to their table at the wedding you hardly ever see Tom next to Molly based on the angle.  She does seem to be sitting closer to Greg  .  We only see Tom when she orders him to sit down or stabs him with the fork.  The handwriting is already on the wall for that doomed relationship. She gets all lovey-dovey with Tom for the photographer, pretty much overcompensating it seems.  But with Sherlock back in the scene and all the old relationships being forged back together again, poor old Tom is a complete also-ran.  Molly may be so smitten with Sherlock that no other man will ever do for her - but if she ever does come around, I'd like it to be with Greg.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 31, 2014 7:03 am  #8

I think there is quite a bit of underlying attraction going on between these two. There is a moment at the wedding where Molly and Lestrade exchange glances, and I just thought 'yep, you're made for each other'. And, yes, she was definitely sitting closer to Lestrade than to her boyfriend.
At the moment I feel a bit sorry for Tom, he tried so hard to be like Sherlock and happened to be just a million miles away, but I am glad he is gone. Wonder if he is going to play a part later in the show, or if that was just it for him...

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

February 1, 2014 3:44 am  #9

I never even noticed! I am going to look for that the next time I re-watch the series.

February 2, 2014 3:01 pm  #10

Tom or Greg? No question the clear choice would be Greg. I would only want them together if Molly really wanted to be with Greg and not because she settled for him since Sherlock was unattainable.

May 11, 2014 6:46 pm  #11

I'm a Sherlock/Molly shipper, but that said, I'm realistic. I really hope we see Lestrade and Molly get together in season 4. It was obvious at the wedding that something is happening between them.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 12, 2014 12:19 am  #12

Oh yes! They would be such a great couple! In fact, they're probably the only couple I would seriously ship on that show.

May 12, 2014 7:32 am  #13

It certainly would be lovely... but, what would that bring to the drama?

Board footera