BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2014 8:34 pm  #1

Blood Mountain

Benedict seems to have a new project. Filming is said to start in Morocco in April.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/benedict-cumberbatch-to-star-in-blood-mountain-exclusive-1201074011/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2014 3:23 pm  #2

Re: Blood Mountain

Sounds promising.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 29, 2014 3:54 pm  #3

You have my attention.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 30, 2014 9:15 am  #4

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2014 9:21 am  #5

Susi, weren't we talking about Benedict getting unemployed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 30, 2014 9:23 am  #6

I suppose he heard us and wanted to calm us down. 

January 30, 2014 9:24 am  #7

Such a sensitive guy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 30, 2014 9:32 am  #8

Interesting, the IMDb still lists the film as 'in development', and when you look at Benedict's projects it's not even mentioned. At this point I'm not so sure this is really gonna happen, the IMDb usually is a very reliable source...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 30, 2014 9:41 am  #9

Yeah I've only seen articles on sites I wouldn't consider credible. Wait until it's officially announced before we get too excited, I think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 30, 2014 9:53 am  #10

We have no section for rumours so I posted it here.  I thought Variety was reliable but we shall have to wait what really comes of this. 

January 30, 2014 10:11 am  #11

I haven't been able to open the Variety article, somehow my computers don't like that page.
Anyway, always interesting to read what might happen, even if it doesn't happen in the end. And I really had to smile about the fact that the author wanted Ryan Gosling for the part, whether or not that's true. I think Gosling is a great actor and I actually think that he and Benedict could be considered for the same parts now and then.

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 30, 2014 10:11 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 30, 2014 11:45 am  #12

Variety is usually reliable. And yes, Ryan Gosling...another fine actor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 30, 2014 12:04 pm  #13

But if he doesn't do it he'd have more time for Series 4.

*sigh*   *wishful thinking*  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 31, 2014 12:26 am  #14

I'm torn too.  Martin is available in April!  and then Ben goes and signs up for this movie.  But it's an action movie and Ben will clearly get ripped and round off the tease that was Little Favour.  In the end though, I think to avoid a tie on my feelings Ben should just be Han Solo and Princess Leia's son in the upcoming Star Wars trilogy...get on that CumberKingdom! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

January 31, 2014 10:56 am  #15

I've posted this on another thread but I wonder how true this is?
It really doesn't sound like the kind of role he'd be after either, I would've thought, but who knows?
Was kind of hoping he'd be cast in Star Wars actually as I get the feeling he wanted to do that.
It did strike me recently that he didn't seem to have much work in the pipeline for this year, considering all the attention he's getting, so I hope he can land himself some interesting projects (as well as filming Sherlock, of course!)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

January 31, 2014 11:10 am  #16

Well, he said he likes action roles and thinking of LF it might be true. And he had a lot of fun in STID. I can only rely on the Variety article which might be just a rumour but it is a professional journal as far as I know. 
He recently talked about "Lost City of Z" but it does not appear on his IMDB page. So who knows? I think this business is mainly made of rumours. 
I am not sure if he would really do two Sherlock series in one year. I think he will continue with the show provided he can accept a variety of other parts. 

January 31, 2014 11:28 am  #17

I would think that he is open to do almost anything, in terms of genre. And that's a good thing! I'd love to see him in an action movie (again, although STID is not what I consider to be a real action movie), and I would trust that he doesn't go for what I call 'dumb action'.
And the fact that there aren't all that many projects coming up (at least if you trust IMDb) could also be another good sign for "Hamlet" in autumn, right...?

January 31, 2014 11:31 am  #18

I think we are quite safe in hoping for Hamlet. It has been said so often, also by himself. Hamlet and Turing, that would be quite a nice autumn to look forward to. 

May 4, 2014 6:31 pm  #19

Just found this via Cumberbatchweb:

http://www.derbystreetfilms.co.uk/projects/#!prettyPhoto

So this seems to be on again. (Now I wonder what they will do about Sherlock?)

May 4, 2014 6:36 pm  #20

On and off, on and off ... Strange, isn't it?

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera